“Disappointing!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
new Jersey
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Looking at the other reviews, I must have been staying at a different hotel. I am NOT a fussy person. Clean and quiet is all I ask for. Yes, the staff was very friendly. The hotel had a musty smell although it seemed clean enough. The walls are paper thin! The couple in the room next to me were carrying on a normal conversation and I could hear them. When they moved onto getting "intimate" I can't even explain how obnoxious it was. I actually banged on the wall. I finally got to sleep around 4 AM. When I got up the next morning the toilet overflowed and I had not even used it yet. I just flushed it because the water looked discolored. I called the front desk to report it and they didn't even apologize. No offer of a discount or refund. She just asked if I was ready to check out. I would be embarrassed to recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
LaQuintaManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced with us. We take these reviews very seriously and use them as training tools to ensure that we are doing a great job and that all of our guests are satisfied. These comments have been forwarded to the appropriate department heads and will be investigated further. Again, thank you for staying with us and we would love for you to come back! Please feel free to contact me directly for your accomodation needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Arabic first
mn
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Staff is friendly and helpful, but rooms are worn and tired-looking. Mattress definitely needs to be replaced.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
MA
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Hotel is on a short connector road between I80 and NJ Route 46. Surrounded by office buildings. Very quiet and seems to be a nice area. Can't say enough about the hotel. My wife is very critical of hotels and if the cleanliness is OK with her, which it was, it'll be OK with anyone.
Staff is attentive, the room is very clean. Very good A/C and heater. They even have the room refrigerator in a cabinet so the compressor doesn't disturb you. King size bed was so good I'd like to have it at home. The parking lot seemed very safe.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
Reviewed October 2, 2009

The hotel personnel were very helpful, pleasant and professional. The room was spacious, attractive and most of all, clean. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast is great. Breakfast items include scrambled eggs,waffles, yogurt, fresh apples and oranges, juice, muffins, bagels, bread, cereal and more.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Liverpool, NY
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Pleasantly surprise with this hotel. Located behind a Houlihans restaurant. Hard to see from main road (Rte 46) But there is an exit for Two Bridges Rd westbound on 46. Older property that has been recently redone. Rooms are not large but overall clean & functional.. Good service, attentive staff. Great free breakfast with eggs & waffles.. Huge indoor pool & hot tub for the kids. Very convenient to Interstate 80 towards NYC. Free wireless with good connection speeds. Overall great place especially since I only paid $50 with AAA. My only minor complaint was with the quality of TV picture.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Lakehurst, New Jersey
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Hotel is conveniently located on I-80 very near a bus stop that will take you to NYC Port Authority in 30 minutes. Pet friendly. Very pleased with the accommodations. Housekeeping staff could be a bit more attentive to some areas but I have found this to be true at most places I've stayed in the past few years (good help is hard to find!). Overall though, the room was clean and the price was GREAT! We very much enjoyed their beautiful, warm indoor pool! Good breakfast, free internet, no extra charge for pets, shopping nearby, close to NYC - we found this La Quinta property to be a GREAT deal!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
germany
Reviewed June 7, 2009

The rooms are ok - however, the maids do not really clean up. You cannot really see it because of the carpet and the tiles. The carpet is full of hairs of other people and if the maids come, they only make the bad and exchange the towels-that is what I have seen - I have been here now for 3 weeks and there are still the hairs of others!!! The people are very loud and although the staff knew, that I would be coming for a couple of weeks, they always put people next to me-being very loud (the hotel is not booked out!!!) and they put me right next to the ice and soft drinks machine and my window is right at the place where the people smoke outside!!. My company and I asked them not to put anyone next to me, they said yes-but everytime there are very loud people staying next to me-its always the same. My company asked for so many things and they always said yes and never did it. Every weekend they try to tell me that I have to check out because they have no booking-but this is not true! My company called them so many times, but its always the same. My collegue also told me, that there had been many problems ahead when she wanted to book the hotel-she asked so many time that they send her the paper for the firm's credit card-they did not-and when I was there, I asked for it and my company filled it out. On the other hand, they also wanted my credit card - and every weekend they charged my credit card - instead of the firm's one. It is every weekend the same- I am about to move to another hotel for the weeks. ah- and the key to the room : every three days I had to renew it and walk to the front desk. And as they do not really clean the carpet it stinks, too (thats how your feet will smell after walking barefoot)

the things why I was still staying: very convenient to highways, they have a pool, they have good towels, lots of parking, bathroomsize is good, TV, phone, fridge, microwave,

...anyways, its not a 4 or 5 star hotels but at least the essential service should function!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Fairfield hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
#5 of 5 in Fairfield
Holiday Inn Totowa
Holiday Inn Totowa
#1 of 1 in Totowa

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield? Share your experiences!