“GREAT FOR THE PRICE”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went to see family so it was close to family and many attractions that we went to visit. The cleaning staff arrived promptly to clean our room. Breakfast was great for the kids. They had variety of breakfast food there. My kids enjoyed making their own waffles. The staff was friendly and very attentive to our needs. The pool was a great for the kids they enjoyed getting in after a long day of visiting. The only concern that I had, was that there was no life guards around the pool. Other than that this hotel served its purpose. The location was great and convenient close to major highway and the price was great.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel is old - has had many owners. But is refurbished well, located well (between I-80 and US-46 about 20 miles west of NYC) and was the best price in the area. Room was comfortable (not great a/c but it worked). Personnel was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful.

Room Tip: It's a very long hotel - if you like to enter through the main door, ask for a room close to the...
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was disappointed with the hotel. We stayed at this location a couple of years ago and loved it, now the hotel room carpet needed cleaning, the fridge did not work, pool was closed, room ac did not work properly. Front desk staff was polite and helpful!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times over the past 4 years. I choose it because I'm in the fashion industry and ther's an event in NY that myself and my group goes to every year. It's asffordable, the rooms are comfortable and it's JUST GOOD ENOUGH for a one or two night's stay. I'm from NC and this will be the hotel of choice every year for my group from now on.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed there for 1 night, wasn't enough to see everything but noticed the following:
- You will probably gonna miss the hotel entrance, the GPS won't recognize it easily! I use a top notch GPS, but had to open my google maps from phone and switch to Satallite view to see exactly where is that hotel. there should be a bigger sign that is visible at night for people.

- Breakfast is just cold eggs, muffins...etc that kind of Continental unhealthy breakfast.
- The staff at checkout let me waited a while and didn't noticed me standing as they were chatting to one of other hotel staff.

Probably, won't give it another chance. Sorry!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I hate giving bad reviews, but there was nothing positive that I could say about this place other then the fact that it's just off of Interstate 80 therefore getting on and off the highway is from there is easy. I was there on a business trip, I asked for a quite room preferably on the second floor. The lady at the front counter told me that room 217 was one of their nicer rooms therefore I took it.
As soon as I walk into the room there was a moldy type of smell, I looked at the furniture and it was all old and worn. The room it self looked like it came out of one of those 70's road side motels. Right away I did my inspection that I do in every hotel that I stay in.
1) as soon as I enter the room I take a deep breath for any odors. Failed!
2) Inspect the mattress by lifting all the sheets off to look for stains. Failed!
3) Take all pillow covers off to insure the pillows are clean. Failed!
4) Look behind and underneath bed to insure cleaners pay attention to detail when cleaning> Failed!
5) Check the bathroom for cleanliness by making sure it's clean. Failed!
I ran back down stairs and asked for a different room, they told me that was the only non smoking room available for the night. The other rooms were in the smoking section. It was already late I was driving for the past 9 hours I just wanted to get some sleep, I went back to my vehicle got my sleeping bag, opened it up on the bed and slept in it.
The next day I was woken up by little kids screaming and yelling while running up and down the hallways. It seems the only business this hotel gets is from schools taking kids on New York City tours. The breakfast was terrible, powdered eggs and all. Very low grade bottom of the barrel things.
I don't need so say much more about this place, I have posted some pictures and a picture tells a thousand words.
Please see pictures:
1). Dirty stained carpet.
2). Dirty stained pillows.
3). The mattress looks like someone puked on it.
4). Thick layers of dust behind furniture.
5). The vents were filled with dust
6). Body hair in bathtub
7). My door had been broken into
8). Some mysterious dried up stain on the lamp beside the bed (I don't even want to know what that was).
9). Only 2 hangers in the closet... Really?
10). Cracks in the walls.
11). Thick layers of dust on the lights in the bathroom which 1 didn't even work.
....And the funny thing was that there was a Tripadvisor 2010 sticker on the main entrance door, I would imagine that was the last time that place was approved from Tripadvisor.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SeaBreeze777
A TripAdvisor Member
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was quite satisfied with my stay here. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. They saw to all of my concerns immediately. The room was clean and comfortable. Loved having the fridge and microwave in the room. The bed was great. The breakfast is by no means 5-star but it's decent considering it's a free meal. A little variation would have been nice. Some minor upgrades to the hotel would go a long way, e.g. hallway carpets and air conditioning system. I would stay here again if I was in the area and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Red Roof Inn Parsippany
#11 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield? Share your experiences!