La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
$70
$80
$99
$61
All reviewsthe breakfast areawafflesneeded a place to stayhard boiled eggsroom was cleanindoor poolcontinental breakfastplenty of parkingnew york cityoff the highwaychecking innon smokingenjoyed my staystaff was friendlymorgannycpets
A TripAdvisor Member
Woodbury, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was welcomed by a friendly receptionist and found my room very nice. As soon as I opened the door, there was a very nice smell in the room. The bed was comfortable. There were lots of towels in the bathroom and the bathroom was very clean.
The morning brunch was excellent. I would stay there again when I am in NJ.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our stay was ok. We didn't have too many problems with the hotel except, our door didn't lock. The lock was completely broken. We were able to open it from outside our room without the room card. We asked for a new room and the staff happily helped us out with that. The lock in our new room worked out just fine. There is a small "dorm room like fridge" and a small microwave in the room which came in handy for leftovers. The bed was a bit firm but not back breaking. The carpets looked old and dirty. Definitely wear your flip flops!! Overall the room was spacious and tidy.

The hotel offers continental breakfast and it was good. Weekdays breakfast starts at
6am, weekends at 7am. They had the usual muffins, fruit, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, waffles, etc... There is plenty of seating which was great because there were 32 other ppl who was in our tour group.

The pool was spacious and somewhat heated at night. The jacuzzi was definitely a plus since we did quite a bit of walking in NYC, Patterson and
Walkill for our Bethel tours in addition to sightseeing.

There are many restaurants and shopping places nearby. Jose Tejas has inexpensive and delicious food and is just steps away from the hotel. I also
saw TGIF, Olive garden, Chilis, Sonics. As for shopping, There is a Target store right across the highway which was also a plus since we forgot to bring a few things. There is also a mall nearby.

Overall our stay was ok. My only complaint is that the hotel needs a lot of updating!! Carpets were gross and wallpaper was falling off but not a bad deal especially for witnesses on a budget who want more room and want to be relatively close to all bethel tours.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Paid for a King Executive Suite. Called to confirm the reservation the day before I arrived. When I got to the hotel they told me they gave it away and put me into a king room and put my friend into a double. We had to change rooms 4 times each due to filth and the stench of cigarette smoke in non-smoking rooms. When we complained we were told there is nothing they can do about people smoking in non-smoking rooms. I went to use the pool and there is black slime and green algae growing on the bottom and stairs of the pool. There was even a used maxi-pad next to the drain. The hot tub water was black and smelly. You couldn't even see the seats in the hot tub. When I took out my suitcase to pack to leave, cockroaches came crawling out. The staff was very nice and friendly, but it didn't make up for the filthy conditions of the hotel and grounds.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelFanatic86
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have stayed in many LQs across the country...and this is the worst. Our room was on the farthest end of the hotel, closest to the very noisey interstate, and had the worst smell of mildew. We read other reviews before staying but figured that it couldn't possibly be that bad, we were wrong. We travel with young kids and a dog so we trust LQ to be comfy and consistent, wrong again! The beds were lumpy, bugs in the bathroom, the toilet was not anchored to the floor (very clunky and wobbly), and the air conditioner either was too cold or not cold enough. For the price, breakfast was subpar, sparse, and there were no trays (which we need since we usually eat in our room with the kids), not to mention that it is on the opposite side of the property which is like walking two blocks. I would absolutely NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012