“I won't stay anywhere Else.”

Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed July 18, 2007

I travel frequently on business and have been to many family resorts. This hotel is simply marvelous. I work for a small consulting firm in Atlanta and my company keeps my expenses limited for hotel lodging and things of that sort. Let me tell you, that this hotel is the best value for your dollar anywhere in the New York Metro area. The GW bridge and Lincoln tunnel are only a 15-20 minute drive depending on traffic and the hotel offers a local shuttle service that will take you anywhere within I think 5 miles of the hotel, pick up and drop off! I rarely rent a car when visiting this hotel so it keeps the expenses down.

The breakfast, although classified as continental, has fresh fruit and eggs cooked to order and baked goods that come from the Italian bakery that's close by. I also look for hotels that don't have run-down fitness facilities. This place has a great fitness center which is extremely well maintained and they have fresh towels on ice to boot. Not to mention a nice pool and a billiard room that I sometimes use to pass the time.

The restaurant, amazing Itlalian food. I'm orignally from Manhattan and miss the great Italian food I grew up with. The rooms are not extraordinary, but the main thing is that they are CLEAN and well maintained. Simply put, I won't stay anywhere else. The staff is always warm and helpul too, I've gotten to know most of them on a first name basis and they don't seem to mind. I do bug them a lot, but I bring the girl at the front desk Krispi Creme Doughnuts from Atlanta because that's one thing they don't have up north. She seems to enjoy that.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business

Reviewed July 9, 2007

We wre tired from all of our traveling and decided to stay here before our sight seeing trip to New York City. What a GEM!
This hotel is beautiful and the prices are so inexpensive for a full service hotel. Anytime you get genuinely nice staff at a hotel you count your blessings. These folks are very nice and the surroundings perfect. The rooms are very nice and spacious and the free breakfast is remarkable. They go overboard with variety...great!
They also have an Italian Restaurant that is wonderful, with friendly staff and a pizza oven right in the restaurant so the kids can watch. The lounge is decorated beautifully and has large plasma TV's throughout.
Great swimming pool and jacuzzi and even a billiard room too!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2007

I am writing you to inform you that I checked in today June 14,2007 at
4:21pm. The Best Western Fairfield Executive Inn, 216-234 Route 46
East, Fairfield, NJ 07004.
Upon check in I was informed there was no water for at least an hour or
two My children had to use the restroom in our room and were unable to
flush. We did not have water until after 9:30pm. Our toilet is clogged and will not flush. I called the front desk and have waited now over 20 minutes for someone with a plunger to arrive. While walking to the lobby my eight year old daughter stepped on
a used condom in the middle of the hallway. I contacted the manager and
he came to pick it up. When I complained about the water and urine that
had to be left in my toilet and how completely disgusted I was he
suggested that we use the restroom by the lobby. I stated we should have
been informed of this upon check-in. He recommended to make us
reservations at another hotel in the area, I assume would be your competitor. I
informed him I was here with a wedding party and we were traveling back
and forth together. I read the 100% percent guarantee and insisted on my
stay for free. He informed it would be only for the evening and not the
entire stay. I believe the quote is "We Strive for 100% Guest
Satisfaction! If you are not completely satisfied we
do not expect you to pay for your room." I by all means am not 100%
satisfied or even 1% for that matter. I have to stay here with the wedding
party as my daughter is the flower girl. I am going to now have to
explain to my 8 year old daughter and my 10 year old son what they
encountered at your establishment. I do not believe that one night of free stay
is going to make up for a lifetime of lost innocence!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank Lisa002
Reviewed April 3, 2007

Nothing great, nothing bad. Check-in took 10 minutes because two of the three staffers were busy elsewhere. Simone arrived with a smile and took care of us. The halls smell of disinfectant. The rooms are bland and predictable. The TV's are old. The bathrooms are nice. The breakfast was decent but not outstanding. There is really nothing here for me to encourge or discourage you from booking here.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bmfc1
Reviewed March 31, 2007

A group of us stayed in 5 rooms over a weekend. All the rooms had an awful smell. They were dark and dingy looking. On a positive note it does have an indoor heated pool and a hot tub, as well a nice fitness room and billiard room. Also there is a free breakfast with an omelet station, fresh fruit and different breads and pastries. The management was AWFUL. They were going to overcharge me by $296!! When I confronted them they refused to accept responsibility. Finally they fixed it but never accepted the fact that they made a mistake. All I needed was a sincere apology and an acknowledgment that they made a mistake and ran my debit card too many times.

We were a group of 5 young married couples, we are all in our 20's and the management treated us like children. I finally spoke up and told them that we travel very often and only decided to stay at this Best Western because it was close to home and we wanted a quick weekend getaway. They were very condencending.

Best thing about this hotel was the restaurant. Cucina Calandra, absolutely wonderful food.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank vicy82
Reviewed February 6, 2007

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with friends
5  Thank ElfAtlanta
Reviewed November 29, 2006

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank BJGran
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
#5 of 5 in Fairfield
Best Western Regency House Hotel
Best Western Regency House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pompton Plains

Been to Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn? Share your experiences!