“Absolutely would not recommend this hotel...”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Galena, Ohio
“Absolutely would not recommend this hotel...”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The nicest thing I can say is that the upgraded room was nice and clean...but service is what counts. The front desk clerk, gave me keys that did not work and when I walked back, never apologized and even made it seem like it was my fault. The snow emergency in this town caused me to stay at the hotel this morning and so I decided to eat breakfast here...I came and was sat but was left all alone...as people were served around me...after 20 minutes of looking at them look at me, I finally said, 'are you closed?' and was given an attitude response, "are you just hanging out or what do you want?' I said if you are open, I would like to eat...and with that, it took 5 more minutes to get a menu and get served...all with an attitude, as if I was hassling them for even thinking about eating here. Could it be that I was in my running clothes or because I am asian...I can't tell...when I came in last night, I was in a suit as I just flew in, so it couldn't be what I am wearing...what else could it be that I can be blatantly be disregarded and rudely treated. From the front desk staff to the waitresses...to the lady who had a hard time trying to have me extend my stay beyond 1 p.m., I needed to stay as I arranged to fly out in this snow emergency, she said I could not stay beyond 1 p.m.

Now, I travel and stay in over 180 hotels a year...this was one of the rudest hotels I have ever stayed at.

If they are that blatant about what is on the exterior, can you imagine what happens behind the scenes...yikes! Buyer beware fits this place perfectly!

Stay at your own risk...

Oh by the way, as I am writing this I am sitting at the restaurant of this hotel and a couple just sat down next to me and immediately they were served! Wow...I wonder what it is about me in this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away...there are better hotels nearby and you are treated with better service overall.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank jadava
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear: Valued Guest

Thank you for contacting the Crowne Plaza Fairfield, our hotel appreciates your feed back. We truly apologize on behalf of our entire team about your impression of our service in our Chives restaurant.

Our hotel has an amazing reputation since 1983 and we truly pride ourself''s in our attention to detail and fullfillment of our guest needs.

We once again are truly sorry that your visit to our restaurant was not as you expected to be like you have mentioned.

We look forwardto your next visit.

Regards

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Nice and clean rooms, noisy airco though, good breakfast and reasonable quality restaurant (for a hotel). The choice in the restaurant is somewhat limited especially when you stay longer.
Friendly staff. Convenient location.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade suites
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed here two nights for business, but could just as easily have stayed with family and felt just as comfortable. I was on the fifth floor in a larger suite like room that had a separate living area and bedroom area. Both were more than adequate size. Living area had a chair and couch with a desk, dresser, and separate tv. It would easily accommodate a teen ager who wants some privacy. The room also had a mini fridge and microwave for a longer stay to reheat snacks or take out. The bedroom area was a king sized bed, two night stands, large dresser (6 drawers) and separate tv. Closet space was typical hotel size and the bathroom was fairly decent sized. Overall, the room was not brand new but not overly used, either.

The hotel makes a nice presence when you walk in, very nice and well maintained. There is a bar/restaurant and meeting space for large groups. The front desk staff are very friendly and as a perk, they have hot coffee every morning and warm cookies with coffee/hot cider in the evenings. When I checked in, they had placed a nice sized fruit tray in the room which was a nice touch. Bathroom amenities were adequate and plenty of towels. The room was very clean as was the hotel.

One downside is the gym is a little small but more than adequate to get a good workout. Just avoid peak times. There are three treadmills, a stairmaster, free weights and a good sized multi machine for 3-4 people at once.

The restaurant is fairly priced (actually a little low for a hotel) and the food isn't that bad.

From a family perspective, there is a target right next door for snacks or shopping, a very large mall just minutes away, and plenty of restaurant choices within five minutes including a pretty decent Southwestern/Mexican restaurant across the street. You have choices from lounges for adults to fast food and all of the chains in this area. If you can't agree, the mall has a pretty good food court with plenty of choices.

Only concern I had was the area coming in to the hotel looked a little rough. There are quite a few adult stores about a mile or so up the road from the hotel, but once you get within a mile, the atmosphere changes pretty well. I would use a little caution if I were a solo woman traveler or woman with smaller kids, but would not avoid this hotel, as I had no worries whatsoever once I was closer to the property. Not a bad hotel. I would come back again.

Room Tip: Go with a suite, it is worth the extra couple of dollars for the room given the extra living room ar...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

The staff at this Crowne Plaza is fabulous! They can't do any more for their guests compare to what they are doing and always have a smile. Their restaurant, Chives, has wonderful food with smiling and dedicated servers ; I was shocked! Excellent quality and always fresh. From the front desk to maintenance to the restaurant to housekeeping - a fantastic hotel. The rooms are very clean and they have flat screen TV and excellent internet facility,
I can say Home away from Home !!! Oh ! no better than Home as you don't have to do anything yourself !!!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Sanjay S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The staff at this Crowne Plaza is fabulous! They can't do enough for their guests and always have a smile. Their restaurant, Chives, has wonderful food - I was shocked! Excellent quality and always fresh. From the front desk to maintenance to the restaurant to housekeeping - a terrific hotel. The rooms are a bit dated but very clean and they have flat screen tv's.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Judy B
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The rooms are large however I had very very poor internet access and had to change rooms a night into my stay. The next room I got was even larger and the internet (wifi) improved drastically. The decor is dated in my opinion, the website boasts a multimillion dollar revamp but I would say although clean, everything seems a throw back to a couple of decades ago. Overall it was a satisfactory experience, nothing special but by no means poor either. They should change the CD from 70's and 80's pop to something a little more contemporary in the bar! I thought I had slipped back in time!

Room Tip: If internet is important ask for a room with good signal! Normally lower down and closer to recepti...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear: Valued Guest

Thank you for contacting the Crowne Plaza Fairfield, i am glad that we have meet your needs also it's always great to hear good positive feed back from a valued guest such as yourself.

I will share this great comment with our hotel staff and management.

Sincerly
Silva velazquez
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I made the reservation about 7 months ago. They gave me smaller room (different that they confirmed) with broken window and told me, that they are completely full. I did not accept it. So they gave me room without broken window but still different (smaller) and offered me a sale 1 USD. Be sure to choose any other hotel. I will never more stay in Crowne Plaza.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Komarcz
Dear: Mr. Komarcz

Thank you for contacting the Crowne Plaza Fairfield, The front office manager explained to guest that his reservation was guaranteed but not the room type.To satisfy you we upgraded you to a higher suite and discounted your rate.

However we would like to thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Fairfield.

Sincerely
Silvia Velazquez
Front office manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Holiday Inn Totowa
Holiday Inn Totowa
#1 of 1 in Totowa
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield? Share your experiences!