“upset”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed June 17, 2013

booked this hotel for 2 rooms for 3 nights for friends coming from china. unfortunately their flight ( United Flight 87) was cancelled and rescheduled for a later time so they missed arriving last night and I didn't find that out until this morning. Called Crowne and was hoping they will understand that last night no show was not their fault and we can show them proof that the flight was cancelled if that is needed for the 1 night refund back. But they will not refund us back for the 2 rooms so that was upsetting. i will be completely fair with my review though. I gave them 3 stars because at least they were willing to honor the remaining 2 nights so I didn't have to scramble around looking for a hotel for my guests. the rooms were clean so thats good.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
SilviaV445, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear: Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting the Crowne Plaza Fairfield regarding the billing you recived. We greatly appreaciateyou taking the the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We have double checked our records and do not show that this reservation was cancelled, the reason why you were billed was because a room was held vacant on a sold out night in anticipation of your arrival.

We are unable to reverse the charges due to it was no-show, Once again thank you for contacting the Crowne Plaza Fairfield, and we hope to see you in the near future.

Sincerly

Silvia Velazquez
Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

If you're want to visit NYC but not pay NYC hotel prices the Fairfield Crow Plaza Hotel is the perfect place. The hotel is pretty new, the rooms are spacious and very clean, the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are nicely put together and above all very clean. This hotel has a huge parking lot with plenty of free parking and it is close to shopping centers, restaurants, fueling stations and a few bars. The gym is nice and clean, it's open 24 hours and has a good selection of exercise equipment. The pool was a good size and was also nice and clean however it's not open all the time which is a little inconvenient for people like me who like I go for a swim late at night before bedtime. The service was good however the breakfast buffet wasn't that great at all and is probably the only disappointment in this hotel, the restaurant was overpriced and the food wasn't great but no need to worry there's a great restaurant across the street called shenanigans and there's an amazing restaurant 5 minutes down the road called 6 Brothers which I loved! Great food, huge portions and well priced. The drive to NYC is not far at all however during rush hours it could take a while to cross the Lincoln tunnel or the G.Washington bridge but if you're not planning on going into the city during rush hours then traffic won't be an issue at all. If you get tired of the city and want to go towards a more natural scene the Pocono Mountain area is not far either, you could be at the Delaware water gap area within less then an hour. I strongly suggest this hotel if you're looking to save money but still stay at a nice place that has all the amenities and above all is clean. For me cleanliness is the number one and most important thing I look for in a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank SeaBreeze777
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza after the Holiday Inn, Totowa refused to honor the confirmation we had for a stay with them. It cost more, but the hotel was much nicer. The staff was extremely competent. They were able to find our reservations instantly, helped sort out coupons for free breakfast in the morning, reset our keys which were disabled because we put them next to our cell phones, etc. The rooms were very nicely decorated. The air conditioning very powerful (cooled the room in minutes) and it was nice to have everything we needed in the room (hairdryer, full size ironing board and iron) without having to ask. The breakfast was delicious and above standard. Fresh fruit, goat cheese, french toast, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt with fruit and granola, fresh squeezed orange juice, great pastries, etc. Our only complaint is that the bed was very firm. We are used to a pillow-top mattress and neither of us slept soundly. We tossed and turned a bit. We did not use the pool or eat at the restaurant except for breakfast. The location is good too. Near the interstate, restaurants, mall and right next to Target for anything you forgot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Nice hotel. Rooms were clean. Really liked the room and having living room area. Friendly staff. The bar was nice but only one TV. The bartender was friendly. Fairly close to some nice restaurants and mall.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was a one nighter, in and out as I had local business to conduct. We checked in around 430pm, and met in the lobby to review some plans. Seating in the lobby and later, the bar area, were just fine. Service was attentive, and while we ate across the street at Houlihan's (an easy walk) the food here looked good.

Rooms were clean and updated and the beds were comfortable. There's a Target and a gas station next door if you need something, and the bar/lobby had a decent menu. The beer and wine list was more than acceptable. This was a short trip so I did not try out the fitness facilities.

Internet wi-fi could be slow at times, and I wished my office chair in the room had arms, but those are my own issues. There were plenty of connection options for power and to the TV.

I had a luggage stand for my bag, and a good sized, and clean bathroom. The AC is a wall-mount, and a bit noisy. If it were 10 degrees cooler outside I wouldn't have needed the AC. If you have a car you can get to the mall.

I'd be back, if I come to this area again.

Steve

Room Tip: Face the Target parking lot for a quieter room
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was pleased with my stay, don't get me wrong. But there were a few few details that made it just ok.

The location was very convenient. Right near the main interstate and fairly easy to get in and out of. Rush hour trying to get out of the parking lot proved a bit challenging, but manageable. It is located on the eastbound side of a divided highway, so getting to the hotel driving west takes a few more steps, but it was fine for me.

The parking was a bit inconvenient. If you get back late, the main door can be a bit of a walk from your space. All the lobby personnel were very courteous and friendly and quick with suggestions for dining or other.

I found getting around the main floor a bit confusing. Not the best layout I've seen. Welcoming and clean though. There was a gym and a pool. I was not able to use either of them during my stay, but they looked clean and better then most places I've stayed for business.

My room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. It faced the busy highway, but wasn't overly loud. I could hear a bit of what was going on.

The biggest problem for me with the value was the fact that breakfast was not included with the stay. Most places with the price point of the hotel include breakfast. Fortunately, when I was there, the computer wasn't working and the waitress gave me my meal for free. The selection was better than most places, and it was good and hot, but to charge for it was not what I expected.

On another note, not really a complaint about the hotel, but the restaurant. I did have dinner onsite at Chives, and ordered the Onion Soup and Baby Spinach Salad. The onion soup, however hot, was super salty, almost to the point of inedible. I also found the dressing for the salad to be very salty as well. I was in a pinch and had some of both, but I would shy away from this place if you have the option.

Overall, a good stay, with welcoming staff and a convenient enough location. Look into the Best Western Fairfield for a better option.

Room Tip: Try for one not facing the highway for those light sleepers.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

If It weren't for the noisy AC, I would have give 5 out 5. The hotel was very clean throughout. The food at Chives was wonderful. The staff at the front desk were wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating to meet any needs one may have. The only downside, the AC was very noisy every time it kicked on. I woke up several times throughout the night from the noise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Fairfield, I do apologies for any inconvinience that you encountered with us in reference to the AC Unit, however overall your stay was great. Please allow me to say thank you for a wonderful review, Hope to see you you soon in the near future.

Silvia Velazquez

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 5 in Fairfield

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield? Share your experiences!