“Good hotel, Better value to be found.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was pleased with my stay, don't get me wrong. But there were a few few details that made it just ok.

The location was very convenient. Right near the main interstate and fairly easy to get in and out of. Rush hour trying to get out of the parking lot proved a bit challenging, but manageable. It is located on the eastbound side of a divided highway, so getting to the hotel driving west takes a few more steps, but it was fine for me.

The parking was a bit inconvenient. If you get back late, the main door can be a bit of a walk from your space. All the lobby personnel were very courteous and friendly and quick with suggestions for dining or other.

I found getting around the main floor a bit confusing. Not the best layout I've seen. Welcoming and clean though. There was a gym and a pool. I was not able to use either of them during my stay, but they looked clean and better then most places I've stayed for business.

My room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. It faced the busy highway, but wasn't overly loud. I could hear a bit of what was going on.

The biggest problem for me with the value was the fact that breakfast was not included with the stay. Most places with the price point of the hotel include breakfast. Fortunately, when I was there, the computer wasn't working and the waitress gave me my meal for free. The selection was better than most places, and it was good and hot, but to charge for it was not what I expected.

On another note, not really a complaint about the hotel, but the restaurant. I did have dinner onsite at Chives, and ordered the Onion Soup and Baby Spinach Salad. The onion soup, however hot, was super salty, almost to the point of inedible. I also found the dressing for the salad to be very salty as well. I was in a pinch and had some of both, but I would shy away from this place if you have the option.

Overall, a good stay, with welcoming staff and a convenient enough location. Look into the Best Western Fairfield for a better option.

Room Tip: Try for one not facing the highway for those light sleepers.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 10, 2013

If It weren't for the noisy AC, I would have give 5 out 5. The hotel was very clean throughout. The food at Chives was wonderful. The staff at the front desk were wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating to meet any needs one may have. The only downside, the AC was very noisy every time it kicked on. I woke up several times throughout the night from the noise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Fairfield, I do apologies for any inconvinience that you encountered with us in reference to the AC Unit, however overall your stay was great. Please allow me to say thank you for a wonderful review, Hope to see you you soon in the near future.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was at this hotel for a business trip. I consider it as a good hotel, with good food and good service, the staff is friendly and very supportative.
The hotel is surrounded by several businesses and for the headquarter of several manufacturer companies. it is also close to a mall where you can do some shopping if you want.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SilviaV445, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear: Ms. Rossy P.

Thank you, for taking the time to share your past experience at Crowne Plaza Fairfield. We are delighted to see that you appreaciated our good location and our delicious Chives restaurant.
Thank you againfor posting a review, we look forward to your return visit !

Kind regards

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel has been renovated recently. The staff weren’t overly friendly but also weren’t rude. I had asked for a higher floor but did not receive one as they were almost sold out. The problem I have is that I was awoken at about 2:30 in the morning due to noisy neighbors. I know this is to be expected sometimes, but what really bothered me is that I called the front desk twice and the party continued. I did not receive a good night’s sleep and likely won’t be back to this hotel again. On the plus side the rooms were nice and clean and the hotel in general looks well taken care of.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear: Sir/ Madam

Thank you for contacting the Crowne Plaza Fairfield regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the circumstances.

It is our goal to consistenly provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we recieve from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel has a lot of potential but did not live up to up. The staff was friendly upon check it and the rooms were very clean and modern. Room service was fast, and excellent food! The beds were comfortable and there is even a complimentary kit of creams and scents to help you relax. However, I did not have a hot shower in the morning, and nothing can ruin a stay like a cold shower. I read several reviews about noise coming from other rooms and I would have to agree. From my bed I could hear every time a door shut and every time someone was talking in the hallway. The people were being respectful and not talking loud but I could still hear them. A door should be able to stop or muffle talking and the sounds from other doors closing. These doors did not. The ironing board was also broken. The maids came for room service rather early at 7:45am and attempted to open the door. It was a good thing that I had my door locked. All in all this hotel has great potential, but I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear BMORE_CPA,

Thank you for staying with us. Your feedback is very important to us. It's nice to hear that you like our food options and clean rooms. I am sorry for the noise problems you encountered and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced caused by the shower and housekeeping. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Good location, right off the highway, close to many local businesses. The hotel is clean and modern and the rooms are spacious. The restaurant and bar are also very good and the service is great. There are also a few decent restaurants in walking distance from the hotel if you don't mind crossing a fairly busy roadway.

Overall, good value for the price and highly recommended if you're in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear: Sir/Madam

Thank you for your nice review. We do our best to satisfy our guest and it is even better id we exceed their expectations. Hope to welcome you soon again.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I do not know how old this hotel is, but it has the appearance of brand new. Every bit of the place that we visited was clean and pristine.
The staff was accomodating, but not necessarily friendly.
The dining room was not open for lunch the day we arrived, despite their advertised hours.
The breakfast menu is extremely expensive, think Manhattan prices.

Room Tip: We had a handicap accesible room. We were surprised how far it was from the lobby
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
#1 of 1 in Totowa
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#1 of 4 in West Orange

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield? Share your experiences!