“Impressed despite some of these reviews...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield

Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Radcliff KY
“Impressed despite some of these reviews...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

We checked in today a little reluctant based on some of the comments here. The check-in was very good, not the best in the business but good enough.
The room was well kept and very nice.
Lunch was very good. Tasty. Prompt. And waitress very professional.
Dinner was over the top super! Had old two friends meet us and told the waitress (Janet) we would be dining slowly. She made us at home, and timed her actionson our desires. The cocktails were excellent. The meals were over the top great! Prime rib, pork tenderloin, lobster risotto, and mahi-mahi, all we're super.

This is a great start to a three day stay. I am glad we came here.
And the wi-fi has been restored by the cable company after it being out from the snow and ice storm.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've stayed at this particular hotel two times in the past year. Each visit involved a Friday-Monday stay. Both times I stayed in a Suite with a King Bed and Parlor (Mini-Fridge, Microwave, Sink). The room was a decent size, at the end of the hallway, and featured two 32-inch flat screen televisions. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. Although there's no door separating the living room from the bedroom, the bedroom is off on its own. It features a desk where you can set up shop (Laptops, etc.).

First things first, this is a great hotel if you're in the area for business. The staff is very accommodating and the hotel has free wi-fi internet access. On my first visit I called the front desk, the morning of my check out, asking to stay one additional day. The staff was happy to accommodate my request and I was able to keep my existing room.

On my second visit, I arrived very early in the morning. I had taken a red eye flight from LA and hadn't slept all night. I approached the front desk at 8 a.m. asking if my room was available (Check-in is usually at 3 p.m.). They were able to get me into a room immediately. It was a pleasant surprise.

While I really like this hotel, there are a few things that I should point out. During the week this place is really quite. For example, Sunday night the place was like a ghost town. I could hear crickets when I walked outside and there were less than 10 cars total parked in the huge parking lot.

On the weekends, the hotel hosts weddings and wedding parties. Friday and Saturday nights are generally pretty loud. People coming and going, people talking loudly in the hallways. On my first visit the guests in the suit across from me had a party. In both instances, I was already up working, and wasn't bothered by the noise. Had I been trying to get some sleep, it would have been a problem. Noise on the weekends seems to die off after 2 a.m.

Aside from the occasional noisy neighbors on the weekends, the place is well kept, the furnishings were nice, and they have great room service. The staff is nice, and there's ample parking outside. They deliver USA Today to your door on weekdays, and they have a restaurant near the lobby.

The hotel is located right off of Route 46 in Fairfield. It's very close to I-80. Drive a few miles East on 46 and you'll pass a mall. Drive a bit further and you'll find a decent selection of fast food restaurants, an IHOP, and more. The hotel has a shuttle, although I've never used it. In decent traffic, it took me about 45 minutes - 1 Hour to get into Manhattan.

I'll definitely return to this hotel again in the future. It's in a great spot, not too far away from it all. Aside from the occasional noise on weekends, the place didn't disappoint.

Room Tip: While the corner suites are nice, be prepared to walk to the end of a long hallway to get there.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I arrived and the place was a zoo. I waited in line for 2hours only to be told they cold not honor my confirmed reservation due to the snow emergency. I have never seen anything like this. Had to get a car service to take me back to the airport area to get another hotel. What an awful way to treat people.

• Stayed October 2011
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

I had to stay in the Fairfield area for business and chose the Crowne Plaza chain because they have been so reliable in the past. I must say that even as far as Crownes go, this one exceeds all my expectations. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the lobby was gorgeous. My room was very clean and luxurious and I do not think I have ever slept on a more comfortable bed in all of my travels (if I could give more than 5 stars on sleep quality, I would); not to mention they had a more-than-adequate desk to my work on. The bar and restaurant was very classy and elegant as well. My only regret was that I could only spend one night here! I was so impressed with this particular hotel that I actually made a tripadvisor account just to make this review! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel the next time you need to stay in northern New Jersey. I can guarantee that the next time I am in this area, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a King Executive which was beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Hotel was great, modern, updated, nice big rooms and modern furniture, restaurant on site, bar and also room service was available. This hotel had everything that can make your stay perfect. It was like 20 mins from Manhattan, which was awesome, target was just down the hotel, Indian restaurant, Mexican restaurant Tejas and 2 malls were just 2 mins from Hotel and IHOP was like 2 miles away. So bacially Awesome place, awesome Surroundings, Front desk staff was good too. I would definitely come back and will recommend the hotel. This hotel is very good place to stay and would have been excellent if there was a fridge and microwave in the room. :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are nice and fresh, the bar area is huge, but the restaurant is okay. Service is hit or miss, depending on what you need. They have huge conference space, and the facilities are very nice. I travel to NJ on business quiet frequently, and I would stay here again in the future, but it certainly wouldn't be my first or second choice. The rates are a bit high, and I don't feel that the value is worth it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Sherburne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

I can't begin to say how horrible this hotel was. Stayed there for my sons wedding with many other guest of the wedding including the bride and groom. Getting ready in the brides suite was a nightmare . The air contioning was not working and it was a very hot and humid day. after many request a repairman was sent and did not fix it. Our hair and makeup was melting of everyones face. they did not even offer to change our room. the night before the wedding many of us went to the resturant to have a relaxing dinner. The food was inedible. the lobster bisque was beef buollion with cream added. The staff was so rude. I have never been treated this way. The morning after the wedding i tried to make coffee in my room and it was not replenished. the bride and groom payed for breakfast buffet for their guest to be served between 7:00 AM and 10:00 Am we arrived at 9:30 AM and got attitude from the servers. They flipped open the chafing dishes like we were late to breakfast which we were not it was still being served. I basically had to beg for a cup of coffee. I will never stay their again and hope people read this reveiw before they book their. The crown plaza hotel chain will be hearing from me they need to know whats going on in their Fairfield NJ hotel . I would get rid of the entire staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Gerry L
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again.
I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you visited the restaurant, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future.
I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Brenda Johnson
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Executive Inn
#1 of 1 in Totowa
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#1 of 4 in West Orange

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield? Share your experiences!