“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Orlando, Florida
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are nice and fresh, the bar area is huge, but the restaurant is okay. Service is hit or miss, depending on what you need. They have huge conference space, and the facilities are very nice. I travel to NJ on business quiet frequently, and I would stay here again in the future, but it certainly wouldn't be my first or second choice. The rates are a bit high, and I don't feel that the value is worth it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sherburne
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I can't begin to say how horrible this hotel was. Stayed there for my sons wedding with many other guest of the wedding including the bride and groom. Getting ready in the brides suite was a nightmare . The air contioning was not working and it was a very hot and humid day. after many request a repairman was sent and did not fix it. Our hair and makeup was melting of everyones face. they did not even offer to change our room. the night before the wedding many of us went to the resturant to have a relaxing dinner. The food was inedible. the lobster bisque was beef buollion with cream added. The staff was so rude. I have never been treated this way. The morning after the wedding i tried to make coffee in my room and it was not replenished. the bride and groom payed for breakfast buffet for their guest to be served between 7:00 AM and 10:00 Am we arrived at 9:30 AM and got attitude from the servers. They flipped open the chafing dishes like we were late to breakfast which we were not it was still being served. I basically had to beg for a cup of coffee. I will never stay their again and hope people read this reveiw before they book their. The crown plaza hotel chain will be hearing from me they need to know whats going on in their Fairfield NJ hotel . I would get rid of the entire staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Gerry L
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again.
I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you visited the restaurant, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future.
I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Brenda Johnson
IHGCare
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed in Room 128 on August 6th. We just got back from New York City and bought three expensive Speedo bathing suits. We used them in the evening at the hotel's indoor pool and left them hanging on the bath curtain rod in the night. The next morning, we hurried to leave and forgot these expensive bathing suits. We realized that and called the hotel from Ohio when we got home. The hotel front desk transfered our call to the house-keeping but it was only an answer machine. We left a clear message, with date, time, room number, what, etc. and call-back number. No reply for a week. Finally we called to insist that we needed to speak to a person. Jose is the house-keeping director and said they checked the lost-and-found log and did not see our bathing suits. He offered a free dinner for us if we stay in his hotel again in the future. Well, he seems kind, but what happened to our new bathing suits? $150 value? Dr. Julie H, MD

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 30, 2011

easy to find and close (half h) to newark airport
pleasant welcome at the reception desk
convenient gym with television to watch the news and big pool
good sized rooms
adequate price
good variety at breakfast hot and cold
always clean and great staff
adequate help in case of issues
complete non smoking policy in the hotel

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh,PA
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I must say that the hotel we were looking for had to be a suite. My daughter is only 19 months old and goes to bed awake. I needed a separate space where she couldn't see me and I needed a hotel that was close to our family. I normally would prefer historic hotels or small chains but without going into New York City and staying near Wayne this was our best option it seemed.

Before we even got to the hotel I had tried to call and reserve a crib for my daughter. They told me that they could not guarantee it. It seemed odd to pay nearly $150 a night already charged to my card and not be able to secure a crib in advance. But as I mentioned earlier, I didn't want to be too far from Wayne.

When we pulled up to the hotel looked nice and had ample parking and a spacious and modern receiving area. The people at the desk were not rude but were not looking to be overly welcoming either. In any case the check in was quick and we were up to our room. The room was spacious and had the separate seating area that we needed. The crib was pushed against a wall with an unguarded outlet but rearrangement of the space fixed that.

The air room was warm and humid and although it cooled down it still had a bit of humidity to it. The bed was comfortable but I can't comment on the pillows because we brought our own. The surrounding rooms were quiet but that was to be expected mid week. Once settled I was happy. I had to call down to the desk to ask for the WiFi code because the terse welcome did not include explanation of that or of anything at the facilities.

During the evening our air conditioning was loud when it turned on and off as it did every five minutes. I finally figured out to turn it to lo rather than auto and it ran for longer periods of time but was still quite loud.

In the morning we had to find a near by restaurant to eat because it was not included in the price of the room and their prices were high from what I saw on the menu. The man working the desk in the morning was the first cheery person we spoke to in conjunction with this hotel.

The second night was better once I had the air conditioning figured out and it was a clean room. If it wasn't for the air conditioning, luke warm staff, and non guaranteed crib my rating would be higher but I will not be staying here again as it was more expensive than what it was worth for us.

For our future stays I'll need to do more research on nearby accommodations.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank twoteachers2008
Canton of Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business over the past few years. Many parts of it have been very tastefully renovated in a modern contemporary style. I would give it an Excellent Rating except for a few areas of improvement. I offer these suggestions because I would like to continue to plan to stay at this hotel, and it really does have potential to be truly great.

The first is that for most of the day, the hotel is absolutely clogged with cleaning carts and trolleys. It starts at breakfast as diners have to move their chairs out of the way in the dining room to make room for the enormous dirty dishes cart. There are cleaning carts outside bathrooms, and literally about 5 of them in every hall, along with large bags of sheets/towels/laundry. While admire the ethic and hard work of the staff to make everything clean, certainly there could be a better way to clean the hotel without turning it into an obstacle course and making everything so visible.

The second is that the gym is well-equipped, but one of the eliptical training machines is broken, or rather it looks like it works, but when you get on it, it makes loud grinding noises and obviously is not in a functional state. The multifunction weight machine area great, but one of the four stations is broken. This was the case since my last visit in February. Some additional free weights (heavier dumbells and a barbell with weights) would be nice fully-equipped hotel gym and make it a true selling point.

The third is that there are still a few areas of the hotel still need to be "de-90ized" meaning replacing the heavy carpeting and dark omni-present beige and fabric, but, again, they have renovated some parts of the hotel.

Finally, the service at the front desk can be a little mechanical, somehow lacking a personal touch, but they are efficient except at "crunch times" when having only one or two people is not sufficient given the occupancy of the hotel.

Otherwise, things are pretty clean, efficient, with ample parking, and near a Target and a mall.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights on business.

It was perfectly acceptable. Excellent bed, clean and a good gym.

Thanks

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
Holiday Inn Totowa
Holiday Inn Totowa
#1 of 1 in Totowa
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield? Share your experiences!