“Promotion”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

Atmosphere & food were very good. Our issue was they would not accommodate a party of more than 12 at 1 table; We had to be split up.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 9, 2019

I'm so weirded out right now! I just went to Jose Tejas for lunch and had the worst experience. My friend I ordered Empanadas for appetizer and then I asked if i could order a burrito for my meal but take it to go since i had to get back to work and their wait for a table was half hour (we ended up sitting at the bar). The poor waiter looked like he was nervous and said "Im sorry you cannot take out food"....I then said..."okay ill eat it here". He says flat out "sorry NO"....I look behind him and this tall fat caucasian manager was staring us down hard! I didn't back down...I replied that it was ridiculous that I now could not order a meal! He finally says ok but then continues to tell me that his manager will take it and throw it away if i do not eat enough!! wtf! The entire meal the manager stared at us...i ate nervously...finally at the end of the meal we asked for boxes in fear! Luckily the manager had moved on so the waiter quickly gave us boxes so we could pack our food and run away...I have never experienced such craziness...He said that if the client shows "intent" of eating the food they can order it but if they do not eat enough it will be thrown out...not given to the poor.. or packed for future consumption. Im mind blown!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank 818krutip
Reviewed April 24, 2019

They have a number of locations and i visited 2 of them, the location in Edison and in Fairfield NJ. It is very simple - food is fantastic and very reasonably priced. The restaurant is decorated like a humble Mexican barn style place. The service is good. The food arrives quickly. The margaritas are excellent and the overall experience is very good for both business and family.
Two things to remember:
* They do not take reservation
** Because everything that i mentioned is true, it is a popular place so be prepared to wait a little but they move their guests fast.
Enjoy!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

Decent Mexican food let down a bit by slow service. Love the free tortillas but they need a bit more of a punch. Steak was reasonable but only reasonable. I’d come again to try more but always lots of choices out there!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 27, 2019

We ate the Guac and chips, shrimp and crawfish quesadilla, chili, and Sword fish tacos. I cannot honestly say which of the 4 was the best meal as all of them where A+. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good Mexican food.

Only negative is our son had fries and chicken fingers and they were not good. But if your going for fries and chicken fingers this wont be your #1 choice, so just half star minus for that.

Service was excellent.

We had to wait about 30 mins for a table, but that's to be expected on a Sunday night

Date of visit: February 2019