“Best Italian food in the land of Italian restaurants”
Review of Cielo's - CLOSED

Cielo's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Directly across from the Essex County Airport
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Essex county -particularly Fairfield area - has more Italian restaurants than I can count. My husband and I love trying new places and rarely go to the same place twice... Except for cielo. The food is amazing, they always have entertainment on weekends and the bar crowd is fun. It's a really nice night out and I highly recommend it!

There are newer reviews for Cielo's

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We love to eat outdoors as soon s the weather permits so we were happy to see the lovely garden in the back of Cielo's which is on busy Passaic Ave in Fairfield,NJ . It is surrounded by well maintained landscaping and a little waterfall.The service is excellent and friendly. Anthony,the chef,is well known to us from his previous stint at Luce's.He has his own special recipes,including Copper River salmon in a delicious Frangelica sauce.The shrimp oreganata with gremolata is so good!the shrimp are large and sweet with a crust of lemony,garlic crumbs.It was a relaxed,enjoyable meal which we will return for often!

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Cielo on Christmas Eve and I couldn't have been happier. My mother was visiting from Chicago and travels, and eats, around the world. She can be hard to please...she was delighted with Cielo, we all were! The food was wonderful, so was the service and attention to detail. My only #4 ratings come from the fact that it was a bit difficult to get our check at the end of the meal. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We like to use Groupon to visit new restaurants. Cielo's was far, but EXTREMELY worth the trip. Chef Anthony creates both classic Italian, and Nouveau Italian Cuisine. Everyone MUST try the Meatball Mac and Cheese. It is Mac and Cheese inside a meatball with an egg on top. Fantastic! The main courses were BIG and fabulous! Anthony came out to check on us, and make sure we had a good evening. This is a CAN'T MISS restaurant!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I had a Groupon for Cielos and was pleasantly surprised. The service was very good,as was the food. The waiter e had was of Hungarian decent and we talked about our trip there. I had the Angel hair pasta and she had a steak dish, both were very good,tasty and was delivered fast. All and all a very delightful experience. Would defiantly go back again.