“Great onion rings”

Versailles Diner
Ranked #13 of 66 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Caldwell, New Jersey
“Great onion rings”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Real onion rings!! Not the minced onion frozen rings most places serve. The sandwich was very good but the rings were great!

Visited November 2012

Syracuse, New York
“Good food fast service”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Fast service Good food and good value. Restaurant was clean and friendly staff...............................

Visited September 2012
“typical diner”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

great diner. good food, friendly service at a good price

Parsippany, New Jersey
“Great food, Huge portions, Great value for the $$$”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I wish I lived closer to the Versailles Diner (although I really only live about 10 miles away). I would eat there far more often. The value for the $$$ is extraordinary. They have 2/$20 and a $2/25 specials, but you can buy 1 for $10 or $12.50. For an additional $2.75, you can add a huge salad with lots of chunks of ham and cheese, a soft drink, and a dessert (usually a slice of cake or a huge cookie). They say that the portions for these specials are "slightly" smaller than their regular mieals, but I can barely finish the meal... and I love to eat. On my most recent visit on 07/05/12, I got the broiled Fishermans platter which included a piece of salmon, a piece of talapia, and a piece of cod. It also included the salad, 2 sides, and a huge cookie for dessert. All for $15.95. Again, I ended taking some of the food home with me. I love it here. I don't cook that often, that is one of the reasons I lived closer. I would certainly be there mor often. See you soon, Versailles.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bruce B
Caldwell, New Jersey
“Good Food - Terrible Service”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

For over 20 years they have serve good food at a fairly reasonable price. The service is consistently poor and they have the most cold and arrogant owners especially the son. They love to cater to the HS kids after events - but have an excuse not to donate to the kids for HS charitable events. I go because it is convenient when we are pressed for time. When I have time I go to other diners a few miles away.

Visited April 2012