“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Waitstaff
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I don't like leaving bad a bad review but in this case I think it's my duty...The food is HORRIBLE...if you're looking for someplace for lunch, go somewhere else

• Visited January 2013

Lincoln Park, New Jersey
“Good Local Italian-German Cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I visited the Fieldhouse Pub with a Groupon last Friday.
It is a cozy little place with a nice staff.
The menu had a little of everything and they have a full bar.
We tried the crab cake for an appetizer and I loved it. The dinner came with a nice salad.
I ordered the Sauerbraten with red cabbage and a potato pancake. It was good but the potato pancake tasted like instant potatoes, not fresh shredded homemade.
My husband had a veal dish that he enjoyed.
I would try the Fieldhouse Pub again but no potato pancake.

• Visited June 2012
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Italian-German Cuisine with Steaks Too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Went to the Fieldhouse Pub last night. Charming host seated us promptly and return in a minute or two to take our orders. We had the eggplant rollatini for appetizer, which was nicely prepared with two large rolls that was a perfect appetizer for two. House caesar salad and bread was next; salad was okay, bread was warm and very good. As soon as the salads were finished, out came our entrees. I had the sauerbraten, which was excellent (the sauce was so good that I used the bread to "mop up" the remaining sauce left on the plate). My Dad had the veal parmagiana with linguine, nice sized portion, but Dad thought the veal was slightly tough (it was a thick cut of veal, so perhaps it just needed to be cooked a little longer), but commented that the linguine was good. We had a half-pitcher of the tasty house sangria with our meal, and for dessert, I had a very good carrot cake while Dad had the Belgian chocolate cake, which he enjoyed immensely. Overall a good experience, and we're willing to go back again to try some of their other entrees. Pickup up a flyer on the way out advertising their Sunday dinner special (a three course meal of soup or salad, choice of selected entrees, and dessert of the day for $12.95) and the Thursday night prime rib dinner (prime rib with choice of potato or rice for $12.95). Both look like bargains! Service was fast and courteous.

• Visited May 2012
Atlantic City
“Good Food but the Service?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Stopped by for a light lunch on a Saturday afternoon. We sat at the bar and ordered from the bar menu. We had chicken noodle soup and potato skins. Both were quite good. However, despite being two of only three customers in the whold place, my wife did not get the coffee she ordered because the bar maid was more intent on playing with her iPad than serving her customers.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
Clifton, New Jersey
“Worthy local favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Good food, nice folks. Good, comfortable local place. Restaurant.com & entertainment card acceptance makes for good value.

• Visited September 2011