All reviewsmediterranean grilllobby barfull bargreat restaurantcomplimentary breakfaston site restaurantfull service restaurantclean roomsnice hotelrehearsal dinnerroom servicewedding guestsitalian restaurantnew jerseyconvenient locationshuttle servicegreat place to stay
Reviewed May 29, 2007

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend and absolutely loved the hotel. Our kids loved swimming in the indoor pool and playing in the billiard room. We had drinks and dinner at the restaurant and the food was good, service was okay. They have a big breakfast and everyone at the hotel was friendly. The rooms were spotless.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank et2313
Reviewed February 22, 2007

I just stayed at the Hampton Inn with my three daughters for a NYC fun trip and it was the perfect accommodation. Very attractive hotel and great service. Wonderful breakfast with a large roaring fireplace and free van service if you need it. It was wonderful. I wish I had booked both our nights there instead of staying one night in the city--i paid $250 more for a room half the size.
I will bookmark this hotel for any future NYC trips and tell my friends the same.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gmazza
Reviewed January 4, 2006

My family stayed here over the Christmas holiday...about 30 minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel in New York, close to a mall, which I need for a nail repair.

The hotel rooms were clean, and while the maid staff barely spoke any English, the housekeeping supervisor was on hand and easy to find.

My biggest complaint was the number of kids running loudly thru the hallways, but that wasnt the hotels problem, but the parents of some unruly children.

The breakfast was upscale contineantal with some ham or sausage if you got there early. Also they ran out of bagles 2 of the 7 days we were there, but there was an ample supply of muffins, fruit and danishes.

Pool table, pool and jaccuzzi area closed at 11pm, which was no fun for my boyfriend and I because we like to utilzie these things in the wee morning hours when everyone else is asleep...but again...this didnt reflect poorly on the hotel.

Front desk very helpful in providing direction, bus scheduling and activites in the area (besides New York).

Also....please be aware of where you are going...it is very easy to pass this hotel and have to go about 4-5 miles down the road before U-turn are allowed. The street was this way all the way into New York....U turns are a hassle on this strech of highway.
Would be happy to stay here again

Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank monyhngry
Reviewed November 28, 2005

It was OK, but not as nice as other Hampton Inns.

I had tried to make an online reservation, but the computer timed out so I called directly to the hotel at 5pm, explaining what happened and saying I wanted to make sure I had one reservation--the lady took my info and we were on our way. Arriving at 8pm the same lady said "You have reservations for two rooms." I explained how I had called and talked to her about the computer problem and the need for one reservation and she said "You had to cancel by 6pm." As I wasn't budging, she eventually asked someone else if she should just cancel one in the computer. He shrugged, she canceled and gave us our one room.

The next night we went down to the lobby at midnight to get some coffee/tea and the door lock wouldn't open to let us back in. Night manager couldn't get it open and put us in another room while all our stuff was locked in the other one, wanting to call maintenance staff and then call us in the other room an hour or two later to come get our stuff. We recommended calling us at 6am. No maintenance staff came and the day manager told us at 6am that he expected someone at 8am, knowing we were planning to checkout and leave at 8am. We persuaded him to try anything and he somehow got the key device to work. Morning desk staff was pleasant though not very knowledgeable about the 46 bus out front ($7.20 each way that day to NYC Port Authority). Day manager was better informed.

Beds in both rooms uncomfortable--the kind where you can feel the springs in the mattress. Towels and toilet paper rough. Such a difference from the comfortable bed, soft towels and paper in the Hampton Inn we had stayed in the night before.

Lobby fireplace is pretty--restaurant tables around it in the lobby at night. Usual generous breakfast bar, but was overwhelmed on a busy morning and again in evening when people just wanted coffee and tea. We ate our breakfast at the bar.

Business center has computers with Internet--no virus protection on machine and it was capturing passwords even when not requested, so we had to clear all passwords, history, etc. after using the machine.

Didn't use the billiard room, indoor pool, coin laundry, or exercise room. Refrigerator in room.

• Stayed: November 2005
1  Thank Metwo3
Reviewed November 20, 2005

What a bargain! Stayed 1 night. Could have stayed a week. I would recomend this hotel even to travelers used to 3 or 4 star properties. I've paid $400 a night at hotels where the facilities and staff were inferior to this Hampton. They got it all right at this one.

• Stayed: November 2005