All reviews mediterranean grill lobby bar full bar great restaurant complimentary breakfast on site restaurant full service restaurant clean rooms nice hotel rehearsal dinner room service wedding guests italian restaurant new jersey convenient location shuttle service great place to stay
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed one night during a snowstorm to because I had a wedding in the area. The stay was very pleasant. The lobby is beautiful. The breakfast was delicious and they had many options that I haven't always seen at other hotels like a waffle maker. The morning was a little noisy because of the plows working diligently to clear the snow before guests awoke/checked out. I can't say that anything was missing. Good job Hampton!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank homeskillet12
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and one of my children when visiting family in the area for the holidays. Room was clean and spacious (we had an actually two-rrom Suite). Staff was very nice/helpful and due to holiday parties, etc., there seemed to be a piano player in the lobby every night. WiFi was fast and free. The only downside was the continental breakfast (which was free BTW). The heated foods were terrible, but the pastries were very good. My guess is that they are done by Calandra's Bakery (right down the road), who also has a restaurant in the hotel (we did not get to try it, but it drew many people outside of the guests of the hotel). I would definitely recommend this hotel to people.

Room Tip: Try to get a room off of Route 46 - you can hear some road noise otherwise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Stayed for a wedding. We were on the 2nd floor overlooking a garden. The room was pin-drop quiet, VERY comfortable and very clean.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed here for one night on a busy holiday. The room was very clean with lots of towels and hot water. Bed was fine, nice big flat screen TV, fast WiFI. The location is convenient and easy to find. Now the bad part: the complimentary breakfast was terrible! Worst I have ever had at a Hampton Inn, and I have stayed at many of them and am a Diamond level member of Hilton. They ran out of coffee and eggs; we had to wait for more to be prepared. The tables were dirty and no one was making any effort to clean them. There were exactly 2 yogurts in the ice bowl - one was partially opened! The "fresh" fruit looked old. You get the idea.
They have a little sign in the bathroom stating that if you have forgotten a toiletry item, then have complimentary ones at the front desk. Turns out not to be true anymore now that they have a little shop selling these items. I see that another reviewer notes the same thing.
I guess this place is better at times it is not so busy and they just can not handle a "full house" holiday crowd.
We will continue to stay at Hamptons and the other Hilton family hotels - just not this one!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We held our son's wedding rehessal at the Inn the night before the wedding in a private room.We had a buffet for 22 people.The food and service were excellent.I could not have made a better choice.Most of us stayed over for the two nights using the Inn as the starting off point for the reception being held in another location.The Inn will shuttle all of your guests too and from the reception.We had over 50 people get shuttled.Everyone loved the convienence.The Inn also had a terrific breakfast for everyone the day after.Checkout time was at noon.The accomodations were very clean,bathrooms spotless.The restaurant is Italian $$$.All of the baked bread is given away to all who visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family