All reviewsmediterranean grilllobby barfull bargreat restaurantcomplimentary breakfaston site restaurantfull service restaurantclean roomsnice hotelrehearsal dinnerroom servicewedding guestsitalian restaurantnew jerseyconvenient locationshuttle servicegreat place to stay
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Whenever we travel someplace for business or pleasure, we try to stay at Hampton Inns. I always know what to expect and there are rarely any surprises. This hotel was the exception - in a good way!

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a marble entryway with a pianist playing in the nearby bar! It was so nice!

The upgraded our hotel room to a suite, and offered to help us with our bags (we had two small kids and a car load of baby items with us).

That night, there was a wedding party, but we never heard a peep, even though we were on the first floor.

We ordered takout from the restaurant and it was pretty tasty, albeit a bit pricey (hey, it's NJ!).

We have since stayed here one other time and now that we live in NJ, we reccomend it to all our relatives!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I travel frequently to NJ for business, and this is always my first choice. I only like to stay at full service hotels, so I usually go out of my way to avoid Hampton Inns, but this one is the exception. They have a bar in the lobby as well as an Italian restaurant. Definitely not a typical Hampton, and certainly not a typical hotel restaurant. I order room service almost every night, and the food is always great. They offer a free breakfast, which is okay, but the service is first class and the staff is very friendly. I cannot always get in to this hotel because it is often booked, so I try to make my reservations as far in advance as possible. The lobby is beautiful, and the rooms are nice. I usually stay at Hiltons, but since Hampton is a part of the HIlton chain, I can stay here and still get my HHonors points. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Booked this room several months in advance and got a very good rate, if I had waited it would have been nearly double. The reason, this is a popular place for weddings (3 on Saturday, 2 more on Sunday). Clean, efficient property. Unlike most Hampton Inns, a full service bar is in the lobby and a "fine dining" restaurant is in the hotel. I was attending another function and did not eat here, but it looked very nice with white table cloths, nice choice of wines, etc. Room was clean, which is my #1 criteria. Nice hotel, and there aren't many in this area!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Depite hurricane Irene had just landed here 3 days earlier and the area around here was under water and national guards were blocking access roads, this place held it's own and provided a wonderful experience for the large family wedding rehersal dinner and an area to have a free breakfast while enjoying the company of far-away relatives. The staff was especially helpful in settling a minor depute I had with using my Hilton Honors points. If you like to shop, the famous Willow Brook mall (although closed at the time due to the flooding) is nearby. I recommend this hotel to any one staying in the area. We had the wedding rate for one night, but the regular prices are very reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I was honestly surprised at how nice this place was for the price. Rooms were very clean, comfortable beds, nicely kept grounds, pleasant staff, and free breakfast. Food wasn't the greatest, but can't complain since it was included in the price. Nice that there is a bar in the hotel. We were able to go back and spend time with other guests after a wedding. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends