“My favorite hotel in that area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield

Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Fairfield
Orlando, Florida
“My favorite hotel in that area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

I travel frequently to NJ for business, and this is always my first choice. I only like to stay at full service hotels, so I usually go out of my way to avoid Hampton Inns, but this one is the exception. They have a bar in the lobby as well as an Italian restaurant. Definitely not a typical Hampton, and certainly not a typical hotel restaurant. I order room service almost every night, and the food is always great. They offer a free breakfast, which is okay, but the service is first class and the staff is very friendly. I cannot always get in to this hotel because it is often booked, so I try to make my reservations as far in advance as possible. The lobby is beautiful, and the rooms are nice. I usually stay at Hiltons, but since Hampton is a part of the HIlton chain, I can stay here and still get my HHonors points. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Asheville, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Booked this room several months in advance and got a very good rate, if I had waited it would have been nearly double. The reason, this is a popular place for weddings (3 on Saturday, 2 more on Sunday). Clean, efficient property. Unlike most Hampton Inns, a full service bar is in the lobby and a "fine dining" restaurant is in the hotel. I was attending another function and did not eat here, but it looked very nice with white table cloths, nice choice of wines, etc. Room was clean, which is my #1 criteria. Nice hotel, and there aren't many in this area!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
      Location
      Rooms
Livingston Manor NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Depite hurricane Irene had just landed here 3 days earlier and the area around here was under water and national guards were blocking access roads, this place held it's own and provided a wonderful experience for the large family wedding rehersal dinner and an area to have a free breakfast while enjoying the company of far-away relatives. The staff was especially helpful in settling a minor depute I had with using my Hilton Honors points. If you like to shop, the famous Willow Brook mall (although closed at the time due to the flooding) is nearby. I recommend this hotel to any one staying in the area. We had the wedding rate for one night, but the regular prices are very reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

I was honestly surprised at how nice this place was for the price. Rooms were very clean, comfortable beds, nicely kept grounds, pleasant staff, and free breakfast. Food wasn't the greatest, but can't complain since it was included in the price. Nice that there is a bar in the hotel. We were able to go back and spend time with other guests after a wedding. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Pequannock, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed three nights here due to our moving closing date getting changed. Under stressful circumstances, we had complained about the size of our beds thinking they were full and not queen. Two adults and two children stuck in a room with a bunch of luggage when you wanted to be in your new home was tough. Well, we were wrong about the size of the beds, they were queen. But after hearing about our circumstances and understanding the stress we were under, the General Manager Majd Abboud moved us to a much larger room so the children had room to play for the days we were there. He went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our family was comfortable. The pool and gym were fabulous, as well as the food. We would definitely stay there again if we needed to!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Suwanee, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stay here for business when in this area. I am definitely a Marriott guy (Platinum), but none nearby that fit the budget.

This Hampton Inn, like the Best Western down the street, are for sure out of the norm for this chain. Outstanding service, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JJHenley
Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

We had an incredible stay in Hampton Inn, Fairfield for 7 nights.
We had a very spacious suite that included a kitchen, big room and a big guest room.
The kids loved the heated pool. There is a pretty good breakfast.
There are many shopping malls in the area, and since the purpose was to visit NYC, in most the days we took the train from Harrison-NJ to NYC (about 20 minutes drive from Fairfield).
There is a free Internet and free office services, which is very helpful.
It was very nice that we got a full service, even though we got in quite late (12:30 AM).

Room Tip: If you are a big family aske for the spacious suites.