“Great Food”
Review of Tavern 292

Tavern 292
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Fairfield
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Stopped by here on a business trip. What a great meal. The service was also fantastic! I highly recommend the Lobster Salad Roll.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Delish sandwiches and lunches/soups/salads with generous portions. Great service and faire prices. Love the pulled pork and cheddar grilled sandwich. With choice of sides!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed October 26, 2018

My wife and I wanted a place to eat as we spent the night in a hotel here on our way to a meeting the next day in New York. I discovered this place through an internet search, and ratings looked good. I would rate it even higher than TripAdvisor allows if I could. It is locally and family owned, friendly service (went out of their way to help hang my coat, offer suggestions, and answer questions). The food was more than ample (stalled both of us out, and I hate when I can't clean my plate), served at proper temperature and promptly. It was tasty and both our entrees were unique and delicious (sole florentine and tavern chicken). We would recommend either. Local brews were on tap along with the usual national brands. On top of this, there is adequate parking and a visible location. We will return.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Had the pleasure of eating dinner here tonight after passing this restaurant for a week since we arrived on vacation. A pleasant upscale feeling ambiance with very good service. The beer and wine menus are limited, but do provide options. Food was prepared to order and was good, though the meatloaf was dry. I had the taco salad and it was delicious. We had the chips and guacamole (menu says that you get three dips, NOT a choice of one), appetizer and it was very good. Will definitely consider returning to Tavern 292 again, and will recommend it to others.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 27, 2018

I have only been her once, but I will return. Best burger I have had this year! The staff in this restaurant is very good and professional.

Date of visit: March 2018