“All The Way From Back in the Day”
Review of Johnny & Hanges

Johnny & Hanges
Ranked #10 of 93 Restaurants in Fair Lawn
Reviewed May 14, 2014

First introduced to Johnny's as a kid in the 70's. Rode mopeds there with my buds in the 80's. Met friends there at the "new" Fairlawn place in the 90's. Met colleagues there for lunch in the Y2K's and now I stop there any time I'm lucky enough to cross Johnny's path. If you're not form North Jersey you probably never heard of or understand the phenomenon of the Jersey "Texas" Wiener "All The Way". I've had 'em "all the way" from every Texas wiener joint in Passaic and Bergen Counties. There are many great one's, but Johnny's is my full fledged favorite. If the dogs aren't reason enough, how bout crispy crowns with chili sauce and an ice cold Royal Crown Cola. My mouth is watering writing about it. My top 3 all the way: #1 Johnny and Hanges, #2 Hot Grill, #3 Libby's Lunch.

2  Thank Botte515

Reviewed May 11, 2014

While I had Johnny & Hanges dogs all the way from the original location in Paterson, I can't honestly say that I remember them well enough to compare to the Fair Lawn location. I can, however, say that a hot dog all the way from the Fair Lawn location is a thing of beauty. Crisp, flavorful dogs and fresh buns with just right meat-to-bun ratio. The sauce is perfectly spiced and, with the onions & mustard that are a standard part of the "all the way," makes for a great hot dog eating experience.

For me, each of the ingredients in a dog all the way from Johnny & Hanges is excellent, and the whole is even better than the sum of the parts.

2  Thank Art J
Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you like your NJ hot dogs ripped (crispy flash-fried) for that crunch and flavor, this is one of the best. I'm not a big fan of the sauces they glob on in most NJ dog spots, and I don't get it here either, but a solid frank with mustard and kraut is OK here with me. People who come here love the dogs "all the way" but to me, that's just a big mess that overshadows the dogs themselves. Good selection of other choices as well, worth the occasional lunch stop if you are in the area.

1  Thank sb2422
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Great for chilli chili dogs and fries , all the way dogs, cheese burgers and cheese gravy fries are must , great when you have a hankering for some cheesy meaty goodness

1  Thank Ciacheflamb
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Just as I remember from their previous location in Paterson from
the 1960's.
Can't get beyond the all the way hot dogs to ever try something else.

2  Thank Cruisesinc92