“Best Restaurant In Area”
Review of Sage Restaurant

Sage Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Fair Lawn
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: www.sagefairlawn.com201-797-0500
Belleville, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant In Area”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hands down my favorite place to go. The fresh homemade cheesecake flavors are phenomenal and most of the dishes could charge another 10 bucks and I'd still pay it. Meat is always spot on temperature, and the freshness of their meat and fish is clear in the taste and texture.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank BNixon4582

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Very nice local restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Sage for the first time and we were very pleased. The atmosphere is simple yet elegant. The service was very attentive & the server offered helpful menu suggestions. My wife ordered lamb chops which were very thick & perfectly cooked topped with an amazing glazed sauce. I ordered the swordfish special & even though I was disappointed with the mushroom & fresh diced tomato sauce, I know to order it on the side next time. Overalls good experience.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank George710
California
“Classic Italian plus some other items, with a friendly staff”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Most of Sage's menu is classic (mostly northern) Italian, and on the basis of just one visit, they do a decent job (for example, my Veal Saltimbucca (that's how they spell it) was quite good, though perhaps not the best I've had. It's BYOB (we didn't, since we were on the road) but many other tables had brought wine, and it looks like the restaurant does a good job with the wine service. In general, the staff was friendly and efficient -- our dinners came out a bit slowly, and we must have had at least 3 visits to apologize for keeping us waiting.

We noticed that most of the tables were 4 or more people -- this looks like popular place for friends to get together.

• Visited August 2013
Wood RIdge, NJ
“Four and a hlf stars”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

If there was a four and a half star rating, this establishment deserves it. Like a speak-easy from the roaring twenties, the storefront façade belies the worm pleasant ambiance inside. The wait staff was professional and accommodating. The choices on the menu are vast and supplemented by their daily specials. Everything from the bread to the complementary (and delicious) salad is worth the trip. The entrees were excellent. The Bowtie Suzanne (bowtie pasta tossed with garlic, olive, cannelloni beans, prosciutto and spinach) could have used a little more garlic or red pepper flakes. The special Tuscany Ragu (shredded pork in tomato sauce over rigatoni with ricotta cheese and parmesian cheese) was very rich and delicious. BYOB. Recommended

• Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“Distinct and Delicious”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Been wanting to try this place since reading about it in the Bergen Record. Was not disappointed in the least. We had a reservation for 2 on a Saturday night and they seated us immediately. The place was lively with what appeared to be a lot of regulars. The dishes on the menu were inspired and so appealing and our server was great. I had the duck special with a very creamy whipped sweet potatoe and even the carrots accompanying the dish were great - sometimes that's an afterthought at a restaurant and no attention is paid to sides but these were great. Hubby had the chicken parm which he loved and it came with salad with always makes me feel I'm getting a good value. It's a bring your own with excellent cappachino. I'm a fan and can't wait to go back.

Visited April 2013