“My first and last visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Mezza Notte

Mezza Notte
Ranked #17 of 92 Restaurants in Fair Lawn
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“My first and last visit”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This past weekend four of us had dinner at Mezzanotte. There is plenty of parking. The restaurant is one large room. Our reservation for 6:30 was honored. It was crowded because of the early bird special, which ends at 6:00, gives your second entree for half price, even on Saturday. This is a BYOB so the wine was great. We were served warm bread with butter that we all enjoyed. There were a large number of specials in addition to the traditional Italian menu. Service was professional and courteous. A house salad is included with all entrees. Two of us ordered the special Chilean Sea Bass served with mashed potatoes and vegetables. The potatoes and vegetables were good, the sea bass tasted a bit fishy. I ordered the veal chop special. With great veal I expect to see a firm white meat. This was brown and not great. The other person in our group ordered the chicken parm. He felt it was fair at best. The prices at Mezzanotte are very reasonable but the quality of the food will prohibit me from returning.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Larry62NewJersey

Maine
“A little of Italy in Fairlawn”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We love this place! The food is very authentic- you can order from the specials - which your mouth just waters at the discription. You can order from the very tradtional American/Italian dishes. My favorite is Shrimp Fra Diavolo, so spicy & hot!!! Over linguini! The filet mignon is cooked to perfection with home made french fries & fresh veggies! The service is great. The servers are friendly. My favorite part is a BYOB. We have gone as a couple, family (5) , with friends and large party! Anyway you go- you always get great food! Our favorite dessert is the soufflee and the ricotta cheese cake! YUM!!! Don't forget to make reservations, it fills up!!

• Visited April 2013
New City, New York, USA
“Local, casual Italian”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our group enjoyed dinner here Friday night. We were a group of nine and everyone was happy with their meal. Salad is included so we did not order appetizers . It is a byob so no drinks were ordered. Portions were fair size. We did ask for a switch out of the mixed veggies that came as a side and they wouldn't do it unless we ordered sides of the vegetable we wanted and paid the extra charge for a side dish.. This was a turnoff because the side portions were too large for one and since different choices were desired it could not be shared. The salmon with garlic and lemon was very moist as was the veal Special. We did not order desserts .

• Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
“We try others but always come back here”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am a retired chef and restaurateur . My dad is 94 years old and pure Italian. He loves this place. I love this place
This is the benchmark when comparing Italian restaurants in the area and surrounding towns. I give it 5 stars because the food and service is always consistant. Atmosphere pleasant. The two guys that run the place are the waiters and they are great. One is a crack up.
This is a true neighborhood gem.
The food I'd say in southern Italian Naples style. There are always about 5-10 specials per night besides the regular menu. They are always accommodating to special request.
I don't think I've had a bad meal here. And I've gone at least 20 times. The food at Vicci in Lodi is similar but a little more upscale. Food at Sage in Fairlawn is good but this is much better.
Go for the good food and service at this gem you won't be disappointed .

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank TropicalTommy11
new york, ny
“Good food and service, but........”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We had a nice first time dining experience...good food and service but some items just not up to par 100% at least in terms with what we have experienced and grew up with Italian food...bread on table authentic and flavorful; pasta fagioli soup too liquidy, and clams oregenata was tasty but def not oreganata. My in laws loved their linquini w/pesto sauce and stuffed filet of sole, and my husband liked his chicken scarpiello, although not hot (spicy) enough for his taste. I ordered the pistachio encrusted salmon which was good but they put way too much sauce on the plate, and I dont prefer mashed potatoes made w/sour cream...The table next to us ordered a Zuppa di Pesce type entree which looked wonderful...We will return to give it another try....all waitstaff super nice and attentive, which makes the dining experience all the better. Next time I may stick to ordering simple classic Italian dish such as linguini w/clam sauce....