“Zagater37”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Was one of the better Chinese restaurants around & they also have a sushi bar. Food is of average quality & presentation although the service seems to be lackluster. The restaurant seems to have diminished in quality & taste over the past year or two. BYO & limited parking on sight available

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Been there twice, quiet atmosphere. Typical Asian food is served Sushi was not the best. Service was good.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed March 13, 2018

We ate here lunch in the middle of the week. The place was not pack but there were still people around us.
The food was good, the portion were big and the lunch come with Soup and pickles that was nice.
I ordered the veggie fried rice, I recommend to order something more interesting.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Am in Northern NJ for business and my associate wanted to have some Chinese food for dinner. We asked the front desk and the young lady behind the front desk suggested Empire Hunan. She said it was her favorite. We decided to give it a try based on her enthusiastic endorsement.

It was a Sunday night and it was not that busy, but it still took a few minutes for us to be seated. It seems that there is just one person that can do the seating.

We ordered our drinks, I just had ice water, but the plastic beer stein had some sort of black flecks on the edge so I asked for a different plastic beer stein full of ice.

When we ordered I had the egg drop soup, an order of egg rolls and the Triple Delight. It is described as sautéed sliced chicken, large shrimp and tender beef with red peppers, onions and scallions in a special brown sauce. I asked our server if they could spice the dish up a bit. He said that they could.

The egg rolls and egg drop soup arrived together. The egg rolls were good sized so we split the order. The wrap around the egg roll was a bit thick which made it hard to cut even with a knife. The the filling was mostly vegetables and lacking on the pork. The egg drop soup was fine. I asked for some pepper and after I added it the soup tasted funny so my bad for adding the pepper. The Triple Delight was a large portion, but it was not spicy as requested or as promised. The chicken and beef were tender and there were at least 4 shrimp in the dish, but it was rather bland. You also get your selection of rice. I asked for fried rice and it too was so-so and it was a little cool when served.

As I mentioned earlier the portions are large and we did not finish our entrees. Our server asked if we wanted to take any home and we politely declined.

I gave it an average, but I will not be going back there even if I happen to be back in the area for business in the future.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

tasteless food high prices rushed service is such a shame due to the fact it was one of the best years ago!

Date of visit: April 2017