“I love this place!”

Description: Telephone Number 201-475-8800
Fair Lawn, NJ
“I love this place!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Best Lebanese food around. Cute, smaller restaurant (maybe then can seat 50 at the same time) with the best hummus I've ever had. The chicken tawook is amazing. Good portion sizes too. A little tricky to get to if you're not familiar with the area (take the exit for the eyeglasses place) and they are BYOB.

• Visited May 2011

West Long Branch, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,360 helpful votes
“Lovingly prepared, Authentic Lebanese food”
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Excellent Lebanese food. My daughter and her husband live very close by to this restaurant and they eat here at least once a week. She had raved about it for months and we finally got a chance to try it while on a recent visit.

We started out with a trio of appetizers, hummus, which is a chick pea dip, babaghanouj, an eggplant dip and stuffed grape leaves, all tasting fresh and exactly as they should taste. The pita bread that was served was the best I had ever had. My daughter told me that this restaurant has this bread delivered daily from Canada, since the owners wants his customers to have the very best, and every single other item is prepared right here in this restaurant.

We went right along to the Fried Calamari. This was, again, freshly prepared, it actually tasted like they had breaded their own calamari, and the light sauce and lemon was perfect to season it with.

I love Greek style lamb chops, and the Lamb Chops platter was fabulous. Six baby lamb chops that were charcoal grilled, along with grilled tomatoes and Greek style rice. So good. My husband had the Rose's combination, a mix of kufta kabob (lamb patties), shish kabob (everyone knows what that is) and lamb chops. The portions were enormous. My daughter had her usual the grilled Cornish hen with village bread, which she says she gets every single time she comes here, she loves it so, and her husband got the grilled quails, which he also orders every time.

Every single item on the menu looked interesting, from the snails with tahini sauce, to a Zaatar salad, homemade lentil soup, Kibbeh, the Shawerma platter, (shredded beef marinated in a special seasoning) to the frog legs, the fried whiting, to the falafel sandwich.

Even though we were beyond stuffed, I had to try toe Mahalabia, which was a milk custard, excellent, topped with ground pistachio nuts. My daughter and her husband shared their usual baklava (sweet filo dough with chopped nuts) and my husband tried with Shaybaate (a filo dough filled with sweet cream). I tasted his dessert and it was so good.

This restaurant was great. The wait staff was attentive and happy to explain anything on the menu that you did not understand. They kept on bringing out that delicious and always warm pita bread. There were a lot of what were obviously "regulars" there, and with good reason, the food is excellent and the prices are very good for North Jersey.

We can't wait to come again.

6 Thank MiouMiou