“Great service, great seafood”
Review of Oceanos

Oceanos
Reserve with OpenTable
Oceanos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Fair Lawn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brookside Avenue
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great service, great seafood”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal with my family at Oceanos. The restaurant was very slow on a Tuesday night. The staff was great and the decor is very nice. We split appetizers of grilled octopus & grilled calamari which were very tasty. I enjoyed the sea scallops which were cooked perfectly. The only downfall of this place was that the fish specials were very highly priced ($40-&50)
Overall pricey, but a great dining experience.

Clifton, New Jersey
“Absolutely Delicious!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I just love Oceanos, for its wonderful food, and very comfortable, relaxing, atmosphere. The menu choices, as well as the specials, are absolutely great! Everything together, makes a pleasurable, and a very memorable, dining experience!

Visited March 2014
Oakland, New Jersey
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Dinner for 4 was over $400. 4 appetizers, 4 dinners, 4 drinks and a bottle of wine.

The drinks were so mild that I couldn't tell if I was drinking my water or my vodka and club.

My appetizer of grilled calamari was bland with no taste other than the char from the grill.

The swordfish special was tasty but small..... I finished it in a few bites.

My wife had the grilled lobster which was over done and impossible to eat without using her fingers to try to find some meat in it to eat. Not enough for a dinner.

Overall we will not be back and would not recommend it.

Visited March 2014
Leonia, New Jersey
“Very nice, comfortable place in Paramus area”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Of the same caliber as Ruth Chris or Morton, a little more cozy, the emphasis not being with meath but instead with fish. Service is wonderful, not breathing over you, etc. House cabernet was very nice. A very nice, tranquil, relaxing place. I saw a bar from the corner of my eye and I suspect but don't know that this might be a nice place to go for a drink to hang out if you were single, without being a meat market.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank walter f
West Orange, New Jersey
“Major Disappointment”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I was there with my family and my parents for their anniversary yesterday. I told them as soon as I got there what the special occasion was, Throughout the evening, I kept expecting something special for my parents, instead, we waited over an hour without any food on the table, just plain bread. All because the waiter forgot to put the order for our appetizers. When the food finally came, it wasn't that great. I had to apologize to my parents knowing their big day could have been so much better elsewhere for that kind of money. I was there two years ago. The service was so much better. Will not go back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Emeline05

Been to Oceanos? Share your experiences!