“Major Disappointment”
Review of Oceanos

Oceanos
Reserve with OpenTable
Oceanos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Fair Lawn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brookside Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey
“Major Disappointment”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I was there with my family and my parents for their anniversary yesterday. I told them as soon as I got there what the special occasion was, Throughout the evening, I kept expecting something special for my parents, instead, we waited over an hour without any food on the table, just plain bread. All because the waiter forgot to put the order for our appetizers. When the food finally came, it wasn't that great. I had to apologize to my parents knowing their big day could have been so much better elsewhere for that kind of money. I was there two years ago. The service was so much better. Will not go back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Emeline05

Mahwah, New Jersey, United States
“4 star dining 5 star service”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Enjoyed a delightful dinner with a group of friends at Oceanos. The staff was exceptional; the hospitality warm and personal, the appetizers crowd pleasers and the entrees just perfect. We were a group of 14 and our server was charming, and attentive. The kitchen too made the dining experience a pleasure for all of us. The appetizers were terrific and the main courses were served all 14 at the same time. We all enjoyed a delightful night at Oceanos and we will return and do recommend highly.

• Visited December 2013
Mahwah, New Jersey
“Fish lovers paradise”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The fish is amazing here. My favorite is the Chilean Sea Bass which is perfection. It's flaky, moist, and buttery. While the crab meat cocktail is pricey, it is delicious.

• Visited November 2013
New York City, New York, USA
“Wonderful Mediterranean Food”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

If you want healthy and delicious, you want Mediterranean and Oceanos is a beautiful suburban place to satisfy your appetite (for food and long life). The quality of the seafood is consistently high and well prepared. The service is friendly, and the staff are well informed. The atmosphere is quiet, which helps if you actually want to talk with friends without competing with loud music and crowd noise. The wind selection is broad and if meat is your preference, there are many offerings to choose from. I've been coming here for years and recommend it highly.

• Visited October 2013
tenafly nj
“Stay Away!!! This place gave me food posioning.”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had to have a friend drive me to the hospital because I had horrible vomiting and bloody diarrhea and the pain was so bad that I wished I could just pass out.

I will never eat there
again.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Oceanos? Share your experiences!