“Their Pico de Gallo is an actual food group for me!”

Mexican Mariachi Grill
Ranked #13 of 80 Restaurants in Ewing
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Mexican Mariachi Grill was founded on the basis of providing authentic Mexican food prepared with fresh ingredients. Our restaurant strives to provide the most value and customer experience on every meal every time.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've been going to Mexican Mariachi for lunch ever since they opened. I work right down the street, and I like how they have a punch-card deal for "regulars." I get their food at least 2-3 times every week, no exaggeration. I usually eat at my desk at work, and people all over the building get jealous of the wonderful aroma coming out of my office!
I love the chicken quesadilla, and always get it with lots of extra pico de gallo. I'm very picky about the chicken I eat, and their chicken is all white-meat and never grizzly, and it's sometimes shredded and sometimes in chunks.
I swear, the pico de gallo is an actual food group for me! Delicious fresh little chunks of tomato, onion, peppers and lots of cilantro. I could eat bowls of the stuff!
The salsa is homemade and comes in several levels of spiciness, plus they also have salsa verde. It's great, because you can totally customize your meal to the exact amount of spicy you like.
Now here's the big thing: I am not a dessert person. I rarely crave sweets and usually skip dessert. But Eugenia, the lady who owns the place, makes the BEST desserts. I like flan, but only GOOD flan. Not that fake pudding-like or weirdly-eggy stuff that some places try to pass off as real flan. Their flan is delicioso! So smooth and rich. But even better, she makes this dessert called "Impossible" which is flan on top and extremely moist chocolate cake on the bottom, all soaked in the light caramel sauce that the flan is normally soaked with. How do you say "Yum" in Spanish? I allow myself a slice of Impossible one day per week (well, maybe two if it's been a really stressful week). Otherwise, I'd be eating it every day and I'd be 300lbs! I've actually ordered an whole Impossible cake from them for a family event. They also make tres leches cake which is also good, very moist and creamy, but I can't stay away from the Impossible.
If you go for lunch, be aware that if you go before 1pm, you'll have hard time parking, and the place will be really crowded. It's a very small restaurant in a very small strip-mall. But I go after 1pm, and it's fine. I don't eat-in, but take-out. There are only a few tables and they tend to fill up. I sometimes stop on the way home and get take-out for dinner too.
I don't want anyone reading this to think I'm unrealistic, posting only positive things, or that I'm paid by the owners to post only positive things, so I'll add in the one negative--the chips. They offer free tortilla chips, to eat with salsa while you wait for your food to be prepared. But to me, the chips are kind of thick, a little too heavy (like Fritos). This doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them; I'm just a thin-chip girl I guess. But if the only negatives I can point out are that I don't enjoy the FREE chips and that they get really crowded from 12-1, then I'd say that's pretty good!
This little place opened up about 4 years ago, and they ended up doing so well, then opened a second location in Hamilton Twp. The owners are a family originally from Mexico who use their own family recipes. They are super-friendly and customer-focused. Sometimes Eugenia tries out a new dish, and offers samples to customers and asks for feedback. They are also proud of the fact that all their food is fresh--nothing has been frozen.
So if you work in the area, or if you're here for work, this is a place you need to check out. Remember: extra pico de gallo, and get the Impossible for dessert! You'll thank me.

There are newer reviews for Mexican Mariachi Grill

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Read the limited reviews. I'm always open to try a nice mom and pop joint. Others painted this as a positive choice but I disagree. I love authentic Mexican cuisine. Eat it regularly. I was so disappointed. Food was ok at best. I had the shrimp tacos they were not the worst I've ever had but they were far from tasty. My husband had a burrito. It was lukewarm and bland. But without a doubt the worst item was the salsa. I have never had a salsa with a marinara base. I said it and I'm positive the base was marinara sauce. Disappointing. Never going back.
The service was quiet and polite. Restaurant was about 85 degrees. Choose another place to eat.

1  Thank LLTwigg
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stumbled upon this place while I third wheeled with my boyfriend on a work trip. I found it through Trip Advisor and was very skeptical because there were only two reviews. Considering it was a Sunday and nothing else was open I decided to give it a try despite the lack of reviews which did not help aid the stomach rumblings we both had. I am so glad we gave it a try, it was absolutely delicious! We had fish and shrimp tacos which came with three sides each, black beans, rice and avocado salad. The portions were perfect and the side sauces were amazing. Everything was extremely fresh. Definitely a place worth going too, it's a shame that I don't live closer.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

A small Mexican restaurant that wiil satisfy any Mexican food lover. Takeout or sit in. Try it you will like it.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I've lived in the area my whole life n Im always looking for good, authentic mexican food. This place is it. Its family owned and operated and has a really nice sized menu. I highly recommend giving it a try. You wont be disappointed!

Been to Mexican Mariachi Grill? Share your experiences!