“Fresh renovations + some new staff = pleasant stay”

Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Dublin, Oh
“Fresh renovations + some new staff = pleasant stay”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Newly refinished lobby/restaurant is very convenient. I enjoyed at made to order breakfast at a good price. Sdaly the gym was closed during my stay - it would have been helpful to post this on their website or at a minimum tell me at check in...neither was done.

In the past the staff at this location was terrible, often demonstrating that they could care less about the needs of their guests. On this trip, Kaylyn, did a great job of listening and making very helpful suggestions. The gentleman, I think Herman (or Heyman or something) still feels like the previous regime that treats you like you are an inconvenience to their day.

Example - the "printeron" service that you can print from your room, it didn't work on the CPUs in the lobby, and Heiman blew it off like it wasn't important, likley because he had no idea what the service even was.

Facility, rooms, all fine, staff, getting better.,

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Our corporate office is a 10 minute drive away, so you can't beat this location!

I've stayed here several times (for one or two nights at most). The staff are always friendly, and the rooms are a nice size and very comfortable.

Breakfast buffet is good - especially because of the made-to-order eggs! However, be warned that it's not included in the room rate.

The only challenge is that there aren't any restaurants in the immediate neighbourhood: for that, we go up Rte 1 toward Princeton where you have all kinds of choices.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My wife, toddler, and I stayed here for two days while taking our daughter to Sesame Place. We found a fantastic package deal through the Sesame Place website. Our room was large and comfortable. In spite of what other reviewers have said, we received great service. When we first got to our room, the refrigerator was not working, which was a problem because we had milk and some other perishables for our daughter. I went to the front desk to have someone come take a look at it. The maintenance person was there within 5 minutes, and he brought back and installed a new refrigerator within 15 minutes. Throughout our stay, the staff was very nice and helpful.

The breakfast buffet is excellent. It costs about $9, although we received passes for one free buffet for each adult, and a coupon for 20% off an additional breakfast or dinner bill, and our daughter was young enough to eat for free.

The closest thing I have to a complaint is that there isn't much around the hotel. If you are looking for food or coffee or gas or a store of any kind, you have to travel, and if you aren't from the area it isn't obvious where you need to go to find those things.

All in all, we had a great experience. If we come back to the area we will certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Gleece
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I spent a night here for business and was pleasantly surprised. It's not a fancy hotel, but a good value and the room was very clean and recently refurbished with good amenities.

I tried room service and got a pretty good meal - much better than some room service fare I've had and the service was very prompt. My food was till hot when it arrived, which is often a problem with room service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
California
Reviewed September 21, 2009

The rooms were very nice, although one of our two rooms lacked clothes storage space. Beds were decently comfortable although the bed linens were a bit strange to me... three layers of sheets and no heavier blanket. This hotel seems to be a popular location for wedding guests to stay at. There were three wedding groups which had guests staying during our weekend here. At times, the groups got quite a bit noisy and the hotel was not quite equipped to deal with this or the amount of people socializing here. Also, we were told that there was no room service from Friday-Sundays at this hotel.

For the price we paid, it seems that the services and amenities should be a little better.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Dublin, Oh
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Front desk staff, room "Service" staff - still terrible.

After calling to check on my dinner room service order 40 minutes past the time they had promise its delivery, my food came within 20 minutes...sure it was cold, inside and out, but it finally made it! The person that answered the phone was sure to offer his excuse - he was the only person working that night!

Outside of that, property and amenities are still in relatively good shape, though starting to show signs of wear.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
long island
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I am compelled to write to share my positive experience with this hotel. I left my expensive watch and tiffany bracelet behind. It took me about a week or more to realize I might have left it there. I called housekeeping and they in fact, had the items which they offered to fedex to me for free. I am very impressed and grateful for their integrity and graciousness.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Element Ewing Princeton
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
The Lambertville House Hotel
The Lambertville House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Lambertville

Been to Courtyard Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!