“Losing its Appeal”

Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I wrote a very positive review about this place nearly two years ago but things have gone downhill since then. We stay here at least 2x's per year and it's sad to see it change.

On our last stay (a week ago), we were given a room next door to something labeled "Mechanical Room". I believe our room was #221. Upon walking in we quickly realized the mechanical noise was coming from this room and that would have kept us awake all night. If the hotel was full and we were checking in at midnight to the last room I might have understood. But neither was the case. We changed rooms immediately but I feel bad for others that are given this room --- unaware of the noise.

Further, the workers at the hotel didn't show any positive customer service skills during the multiple interactions we had. What a difference almost 2 years makes. This wasn't the case earlier when the customer service was top notch.

With others Marriott's in the area, I think it's time for us to try a new hotel in the Ewing area.

Room Tip: Avoid room 221 next to the "mechanical room"
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RockeeRhode
Tiffany W, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am very sorry to hear that your stay wasn't up to par as it had been in the past. I take comments like this very seriously and I will make sure that guests don't experience this moving forward. I can understand your frustration and I would hope that if you are in the area again that you will contact me at cy.ttnet.gm@marriott.com so I can make sure that you are taken care of the way you should have been from the beginning. Once again, I am very sorry and I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future so we can make this up to you.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Ewing Princeton

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed two nights at Courtyard in Ewing. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfy. I had breakfast at the hotel two mornings. Price was reasonable and service and food were great. I would stay at this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear AppNeer,

I really appreciate the time you took to write such a wonderful review about the Courtyard Ewing Princeton! It makes me very happy to hear that you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you once again!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here one night while in town for work. My room was clean. Front desk staff were friendly. Room had a nice long area between the door and the bed area which helped filter out some of the hall noise. It is right off 95, so it was very convenient to where I was going. I ate breakfast that morning and had not problems. I would stay here again if in town.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear David & Kim,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about the Courtyard Ewing Princeton. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

we recently stayed and had a wonderful time. the room was clean, the staff helpful and accommodating. the last time i reviewed this hotel i was upset that they did away with the free coffee(in the lobby). I guess there were many complaints, because the free coffee is back.....good for them!!! marriott really does listen to its customers!!!!
i will continue to make Marriott my hotel!!!

Room Tip: away from the elevators and ice machine
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany W, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about the Courtyard Ewing Princeton! I am so glad to hear you once again enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in the Ewing-Princeton area!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

if we are back in this area, this is a definite place to stay. Friendly courteous staff , so accomadating . What a great place. Visiting a sick family member in the hospital close by and this place goes out of its way to make you at home. Wonderful, they do all they can to help you , recommended a great place to eat and relax. Will be back .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany W, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Retiredfelix,

Thank you so very much for all the kind words about the Courtyard Ewing Princeton! My staff and I work very hard to make sure each guest leaves completely satisfied and I can see we made that possibly with you. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Although the immediate surrounding area of this hotel is rather isolated, it is just off an exit of I-95 and convenient to the sights of New Hope, PA and Lambertsville, NJ as well as other towns along the Delaware River.

The hotel is a typical Marriott with comfortable beds and clean, large, spacious rooms. I love the fact that our rooms also had small refrigerators, coffee machines, and FREE wireless internet (many other hotels charge up to $14 per day, which is outrageous!).

There is also a small indoor pool and fitness center.

The lobby has a "Startbuck's" coffee shop and there is a small snack room to buy whatever you might need.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The entrance of the hotel is a little tricky... you need to drive all the way into the right lane to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear DrLynnRose,

What great comments! Thank you so much for your kind words about the Courtyard Ewing Princeton - we really appreciate all the feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again next time you're in the area!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Everything about this place is great. Clean, spacious rooms, great lobby/lounge. Beautiful patio. Best staff- day and night- very attentive- accommodating- pleasant! Have been here several times- will surely stay again!!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear BeverlyJohn,

Thank you so much for the amazing comments about the Courtyard Ewing Princeton! It puts a smile on my face knowing that you had such a great stay with us. We look forward to having you as a guest with us again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Element Ewing Princeton
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
The Lambertville House Hotel
The Lambertville House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Lambertville

Been to Courtyard Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!