“Clean, nice accomodations overall”

Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Reviewed July 20, 2008

This hotel was very clean, and the rooms were large and well equipped.

We checked in at 3:20 PM (check-in time is 3:00 PM). The desk clerk had a difficult time finding us a room. When we told her we had made reservations in advance , the manager came over, got onto the computer and curtly, told us to relax. We were in no way negative or nasty but she treated us as if we were. Finally they gave us our room which was very nice. It had a large bathroom, an armoire, large closet, desk, and two queen beds. A hairdryer was supplied as well as an ironing board...standard things.

We were staying at the hotel to attend a wedding nearby. Our daughter was hungry when we got back at midnight. The hotel had an area where you could buy a turkey, ham and cheese sandwich and assorted chips. Also, they had a nice area to sit and have drinks next to the bar. There was a group of people who were sitting near the bar and eating a pizza delivered from a local restaurant.

In the morning we ate breakfast downstairs. At first I assumed it was a free breakfast buffet but I was wrong and you do have to pay. Even so the food was good and they made eggs to order. The buffet area served scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, homemade oatmeal, fresh fruit, breads that you could toast, pastries, and boxed cereal. When you get your room key, you'll receive a discount coupon towards your meal. The waiters were very good about refilling your coffee, which was delicious! The coffee was very robust, not bitter and piping hot. Just the thing I needed after a night of dancing and drinking!!!

My one complaint was that the beds weren't comfortable. They seemed too hard for my taste.

The hotel was in a rural location but it was fairly close to the interstate. I think it's a nice place to stop for those traveling on route 95 north.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Nancy S

Reviewed June 1, 2008

Upon arriving at this hotel the lobby was full of people who had just returned from a wedding and was noisey and crowded. We got our room key and went up stairs only to find more people hanging out in the hallway. The room we were given appeared very clean until we turned down the bed and discovered to bugs under the sheets. After reading about beg bugs in hotels recently I put one of them in a glass and went to the lobby. The girl at the counter informed me it was a "stink bug". I wasn't taking any chances and requested another room. This second room had no bugs and while the room itself was clean the shower was not.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank briny319
Reviewed May 30, 2008

This Marriot Courtyard is newish, and it shows. The rooms have always been clean when we've stayed there (we've stayed at least a dozen times since it's right near my inlaws) and the furniture usually looks new in the rooms.

The staff is usually friendly and helpful.

The dining options of the hotel are pretty limited. Room service is available at certain times, but not available for breakfast. The menu does not have a great variety of choices. A buffet breakfast is available for a few hours on most mornings. Quick food options, such as ice cream bars, re-made sandwiches, and candy, are able to be purchased 24 hours a day in the lobby.

There is an indoor pool, but I can't say I have ever spent time in it. If you have your own laptop, internet access is free in the rooms. There are also a few computers in the hotel lobby with internet access, too.

All in all this is a very comfortable place to stay. I know some people stay there due to its location near Sesame Place-- but I do know there are closer hotels since this one is about 30 minutes away.

The only problems we've had with the hotel is that sometimes they'll host weddings and on one occasion we saw some very drunk guests get rowdy in the lobby (even going behind the front desk). The hotel staff really didn't do anything to control the situation, and we had drunks banging on our door (literally) at 3AM. This was on just one occasion, though, and I bet you could have similar problems almost anywhere.

The hotel is very handicap-friendly and offers rooms that are extra handicap accessible.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2008

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family. The hotel was quiet, clean and the beds were comfortable.

The main drawback was that you had to drive several miles for dining.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2008

I recently stayed at this Courtyard for one night. The staff was friendly and efficient, but I was given a room that had obviously been smoked in.

I didn't think too much of it until I reentered the room and saw the sticker on the door that proclaimed the hotel 100% smoke-free. It also said that a $200 charge would be issued if you smoked in the room.

The hotel was sold out, so they couldn't move me, but they also would make no adjustments to the bill.

It was plainly evident that if they did charge someone $200 for smoking in the room, it was not used to clean the room.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank RyryE
Reviewed October 26, 2007

Another overnight stay traveling on business. Checked in fairly late at 10.30pm, front desk were efficient and I was in my room very quickly. Corridors were a little warmer than I would have liked, but A/C in the room was good - if a little noisy. Room was clean and as I would have expected for a Courtyard. Internet access was free and easy to access. Great Marriott bed helps you get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Ely19999
Reviewed October 9, 2007

While this hotel has all the standard Courtyard by Marriott standard features, I was particularly impressed by the hospitality and professionalism of the staff. In addition, the restaurant is a cut above those at other Courtyards, though regretfully it is closed on Sunday evenings (there are several good restaurants within a short drive).

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Element Ewing Princeton
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
The Brick Hotel
The Brick Hotel
#3 of 3 in Newtown

Been to Courtyard Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!