“Surprisingly Chic”

Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was quite surprised & pleased at how modern and updated this Courtyard was, especially considering that it was not located in a cosmopolitan city. The lobby is modern and attractive. My room was very updated, and the entire hotel feels very warm & inviting. The lobby has several little cubby areas called "pods" which are moon shaped areas with table, booth seating, and private TV. They are very cozy. I had multiple cups of tea and caught up on emails while enjoying a pod. The man at front desk was very kind, and when I passed through the lobby several times he spoke to me by name. I saw some of the other reviews, and although my bathroom was nice, I can see how some might think the tub/shower need some updating. The gym is new but very very small. I didn't hear any noise at all while in the room - no sirens, traffic, or doors slamming. I will stay at this hotel again when I am in the area. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice hotel was.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany W, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Heather W,

Thank you so much for the amazing comments about the Courtyard Ewing! I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all of the amenities that the Courtyard Ewing has to offer. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you're in the area.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Ewing Princeton

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Just spent one night at the Courtyard, and unfortunately can't get past the fact that I spent 20 minutes swatting flies as soon as I checked into my room. I have never experienced that in any hotel. But if you look past that, the Courtyard is an old hotel that they have done an ok job renovating. The lobby is beautiful, my room had been updated but it still had an antiquated heating system that was loud and just had warm/cold settings…no way to pick a temperature. If I needed to, I would stay at this hotel again, but there are much nicer hotels in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear rabble,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your most recent stay at the Courtyard Ewing. We pride ourselves in providing stays for our guests that are free of problems, however I can see where we fell short. I can imagine your frustration when dealing with the flies as well as the heater. Please do not hesitate to contact a manager should you experience any issues when staying with us so that we would be able to resolve any concerns quickly and to your satisfaction. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to contact me at tiffany.walters@hhmlp.com or 609-718-1402.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great location. Close to the main highway. The hotel lobby is new nice and clean. My room was great! My late night check in with the man at the front desk was less than pleasant. Seriously poor customer service. Was not able to provide me with any places to eat or basic directions generally felt that he didn't care. Average stay but late night staff could use some additional training.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SunnyTguru

Dear SunnyTguru,

Thank you for your feedback about the Courtyard Ewing. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and it's amenities. I do, however, sincerely apologize for the service you received upon checking in. Our hotel is known for its exceptional customer service, and I can see that you did not experience that. I can understand how after a long day of traveling you would have wanted to be greeted with a warm smile and a helpful employee, however that was not the case. From your comment, I have made sure that each of my Guest Service Agents understand the importance of providing the best service no matter what the circumstance. I hope that if you are in the area again you choose to stay with us so that we can change your opinion of our staff. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Clean room, decor at hotel nice but the 4 of the bathroom tiles had cracks and a hole that were caulked and turning moldy and the tub had a big gouge in it - sharp and needs repair ASAP before someone gets hurt. Overall ok to spend a night for a wedding we were attending in the area. lobby area inviting and coffee great. free wifi access was fast. need mirror in main room area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear newjoiseygirl,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I do apologize for the inconveniences you had in your room and I can understand how frustrating that must have been to be in a bathroom with those type of issues. We pride ourselves in clean and functional rooms and I can see where we dropped the ball. I will be working closely with my staff to make sure occurences like this do not happen again.

Once again, I appreciate your feeback and next time you are in the area I do hope you choose to stay at the Courtyard Ewing.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Be sure to check your bill before and after you check out, chances are it's wrong and they've over charged you.
The staff at this hotel are completely Incompetent! We had a wedding block at this hotel and I worked with Ashley on the planning, she was great until I complained about the poor service and all she said was "I'll talk to my manager", who was equally unhelpful. The front desk staff was a bunch of idiots who blamed their poor service on the computers and not working in a few days. After making numerous mistakes, no one took the blame for anything and I became extremely frustrated at the lack of communication between staff members.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear smiller428,

Thank you for your feedback and I truly apologize that your stay with us wasn't to your satisfaction. It does strike me as a surprise to hear that you felt our staff were "idiots" after the great strides we took in making sure your stay with us as well as your wedding went flawlessly. As I recall, your flower bouquet was left in your hotel room prior to your wedding and our Front Desk Agent was called and asked to send it over in a taxi cab. Our Front Desk Agent instead contacted our Engineer to have him take it over personally in our shuttle to make sure it arrived safe and on time. I do remember speaking to you about your stay as well as compensating you for what you felt was not satisfactory service, so I am sorry to hear you did not feel that this situation was handled correctly. If there is anything else I can do for you, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very clean and nice hotel if staying in the Ewing-Hopewell Township area of NJ. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was a nice size and so was the bathroom. The room had a nice desk and sofa in it to relax or work.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vawert

Dear vawert,

Thank you so much for your amazing comments about the Courtyard Ewing! Nothing makes me happier than to hear that my guests have had a truly memorable stay at our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you're in the area!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Nothing special. Nothing bad.

Members of staff generally very friendly. One at the front desk didn't seem to know much.

Stayed there for a wedding in the area and OK / very functional for that.

One gripe - it would be good to have a mirror in the room. The only mirrors are in the bathroom and are unusable after a shower due to steaming up.

Tip: Go down to Nick's Cafe 72 on West Upper Ferry Road for a great down-home breakfast experience

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr_Haddock,

Thank you for your comment and feedback about the Courtyard Ewing. We do have rooms that have full length mirrors outside of the bathroom (the mirror placement depends on the room type and bathroom type). If you ever do stay with us again, we will make sure you are in one of these rooms so that we can ensure you have a perfect stay!

Tiffany

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Element Ewing Princeton
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
The Lambertville House Hotel
The Lambertville House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Lambertville

Been to Courtyard Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!