“GREAT STAY”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Orlando, FL, USA
“GREAT STAY”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Excellent hotel in all ways. Loved the room, the location (only 3 miles from where I had business at The College of New Jersey), the staff. I'm 101% satisfied. Others have noted that the entrance is a little strange, but it's not the hotel's fault. It's one of those situations where NO left turns are allowed, so you have to turn RIGHT then double back to turn LEFT. I ran into this once before in California and Vermont. (We don't have this in Florida to the best of my knowledge.) In any case, it IS marked, but it's a little confusing the first time. The hotel is great!

Room Tip: 5 floors..... Some rooms have balconies... semi-enclosed so you can't see your neighbors ever an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tiffany W, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! I couldn't be happier to hear that you had such a great stay at the Courtyard Ewing! We are always striving to provide the best service and comments like yours lets us know that we are achieving that. We look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you're in the area!

Tiffany Walters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
south plainfield
Reviewed July 22, 2012

No problem with the room accommodations, clean and comfortable, but was looking forward to a nice breakfast. I thought The prices of the breakfast items were steep at this restaurant(I am use to a complimentary breakfast included in the room price, so this was disappointing), What made it worse, was,I purchased the pricey Starbucks coffee and I didn't realize there was COMPLIMENTARY coffee, located BEHIND a solid wall, hidden from view. Actually, I heard a lot of other guests, saying the exact same thing, that they didn't know there was any free coffee available.I Suggestion: Just make a sign on this solid wall, stating, complimentary coffee on OTHER side. This would make it more hospitable for your guests. They can then choose free coffee or Starbucks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words about the hotel as well as your suggestions about the sign for the complimentary coffe. I will definitely look into putting a sign out at the front to inform guests about the complimentary coffee being it is a bit hidden behind our Go Board. Thank you again and I hope you choose to stay with us next time you are in the area!

Cincinnati
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for TriState Lacrosse Tournament (2012). It's about 15-minutes to the fields and very convenient - when compared to other horrors around town. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are all updated. TV is small (so what). Free wifi that really works. Breakfast buffet is better than most. The biggest drawback is that there is almost nothing around. No restaurants, no shops, no mall within miles - it's a serious car ride to get anything.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Greetings!

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments about the Courtyard Ewing! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us while visitng the area for the TriState Lacrosse Tournament. We always enjoy that time of the year when we get to have guests from the tournament stay with us. Even though it may seem we are far from everything, there are many fun and family-oriented attractions near by. Sesame Place, Washingtons Crossings, New Hope and Princeton are just a few of the places that are with in ten minutes from us and hopefully the next time you stay with us you will be able to visit them. Thank you again for the comments and we look forward to having you as our guest again!

Tiffany
California
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Upon arriving at the room, I would say that the rooms at this Courtyard are very well decorated. The furniture is very modern, and the bed is clean and comfortable. The thing that I would say that brings this to a 4 star review instead of a 5 though, is that the A/C unit was very dirty. It had dust everywhere inside it, and even at least 3 large dead moths. I didn't want to turn on that A/C unit and have the dust blowing everywhere inside the room. Now, I did let the front desk know, and the very next day they cleaned it out. I appreciate them taking care of the issue quickly, but after closer inspection, they basically got some of the dust on the floor next to the unit, and that part wasn't vacuumed. Also, it appeared they had just dumped all that dust into the toilet, and didn't flush the toilet since it was all still there. Note that I had stayed here twice, and the dirty A/C unit was just an issue in one of the rooms. However, something that I noted regardless of the room is that later at night, the water can take a long time to warm up if you want to take a shower. In both the rooms I've stayed in, it can take 5 to 10 minutes before the water is a comfortable temperature. Also, housekeeping is a bit inconsistent when providing the bath items. Sometimes the bar of soap is missing, sometimes the shampoo is missing, and sometimes a towel or two is missing.

The rest of the stay was fine. They don't have complimentary breakfast (you have to pay for it), but they do have a happy hour on Tuesday and Wednesday where beer and wine is free for that hour, so that part's nice. Again, the rooms are very nice, and the front desk staff do their best to take care of any issues. Overall I would give this Courtyard 4 stars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments about the Courtyard Ewing. I apologize for the issues you had with your room and I will make sure that the housekeeping staff is consistant when providing amenities for the guests. I appreciate the wonderful comments about the hotel layout as well as the staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in the area!

bedford, england
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in as part of a group of wedding guests and found it to be very good. The rooms were clean and well furnished with a TV, coffee maker, fridge, ironing board etc. The staff were extremely polite and made us feel very welcome. The hotel has a pool, whirlpool spa and fitness centre, all of which hotel guests can use for free. The hotel serves breakfast and this was really good, with a wide selection and resonable prices. There is also a well stocked 'market' in the hotel in which you can buy drinks and snacks. The only downside is the location, as the hotel is not actually in Ewing and is not really within walking distance. To get to Ewing, Trenton, Princeton or Philadelphia the only option is to get a taxi, which is expensive. However the plus side to the location is that the area around the hotel is very quiet at night. The hotel itself was very good and we would return if we needed to stay in the area again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Greetings!

Thank you so much for the kind words about the Courtyard Ewing/Hopewell. I'm so happy to hear you were able to enjoy the many amenities we offer at the hotel. I'm sorry to hear that the location of the hotel didn't quite suit your needs. We actually are located in the town of Ewing, however we are just a mile or two away from the downtown area. It may seem like we are off the beaten path but there are so many wonderful places to visit all with in a 10 mile radius (Sesame Place, Princenton, New Hope, Washington Crossings, etc.).

Thank you again for the wonderful comments and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in the area!
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Went for a wedding and found the place overrun with soccer players, running amok with soccer balls in hallways and roomsand so loud you couldn't even hear, no matter what hour, starting at 5:45am. Hotel was overbooked, thank goodness we got in by the skin of our teeth. So many of the other wedding guests had to be shuffled elsewhere. Housekeeping was horrendous. Unvacuumed carpets, used soap and shampoo left in shower. No shampoo, no body lotion dirty glasses. I asked the cleaning ladies, "I don't know"they said........I mean really!?! The hotel is nicely decorated, and Justin at the front desk was very nice, and trying to handle everything, he was just overwhelmed with all that was going on. Definitely won't return, and every wedding guest I spoke to (and there were alot) said the same thing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tiffany W, General Manager at Courtyard Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Greetings and thank you for your comments. Here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Ewing we strive to offer the best service in town and I can see that was not the case with your experience. I can understand the frustration that you had with the groups in the hotel as well as the rooms not being up to Marriott's standards and I am very sorry for that. From your comments I will work with my staff on improving our service so that issues like this do not occur in the future. If you happen to come to the Ewing area in the future I would hope that you would choose to stay with us again in hopes that we can change your opinion of us and show you what a true Courtyard Ewing stay is really like.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the company of our Front Office Supervisor, Justin. I will make sure to share these kind words with him. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you have any more comments or concerns on the matter.

Ewing, New Jersey
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This hotel has great, comfortable facilities, a willing staff and a few kinks to work out in their computer system which isn't the staff's fault. If you are lucky enough to get Justin at the front desk or when you call, you won't even know there is a problem. Management should really get on top of the computer glitches becasue they are losing business and alienating and aggravating customers...not to mention stresssing out their staff.

If you're hosting an event, consider having a brunch there. The food and service were outstanding!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings, Linda! Thank you very much for your kind words about the Courtyard Ewing/Hopewell facility. I apologize for the complications with the computer system but I can reassure you those have since been fixed and everything is running smoothly. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Tiffany Walters
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Element Ewing Princeton
Rodeway Inn & Suites - New Hope
Hampton Inn and Suites Newtown
The Lambertville House Hotel
The Lambertville House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Lambertville
Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village

Been to Courtyard Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!