“Worth the trip”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We came from the Pittsburgh area to meet up with family and try the paprikash. Wow ! It was certainly worth the trip. We love paprikash and were not disappointed. This is a homey little restaurant and you can plainly see that everything is made right there.
I'm sure everything is good but it's hard to try other dishes when the paprikash is so good.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you love breaded veal cutlet, pounded thin and authentic Chicken Paprikash, this is the place. It's very simple from the inside out. Nothing fancy or romantic, but great food and very reasonable prices; then this is the place. Mom & Pop are right there in the kitchen and will pound out your meat and then cook it. It's very casual and they don't mind chatting with you or leaving you alone if you need to stay longer to chat and visit with a friend. Homemade mashed potatoes and other vegetables leave you feeling very satisfied and as though you were at a relative's house for lunch or dinner. When hubby and I want good food without breaking the bank, we head to Barbara's.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My sister-in-law suggested we drive from Chester Co. PA to join her for dinner at Barbara's. It was worth the drive. We are all chicken paprikash fanatics, and their version was delicious. The portions were huge - in fact, everyone walked away with leftovers for today's lunch except my husband. All other patrons aside from us were speaking in native Hungarian... very fun! I married into the Hungarian tradition - but would highly recommend you try it even if you are not born into it!

We will definitely be back!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I read the reviews and Barbara's did not disappoint. The red cabbage was out of the world. Also had the stuffed cabbage and the Hungarian goulash - both outstanding. The atmosphere was clean and homey. The menu was not fancy or overwhelming, just good home-cooked food. I want to go back and try everything on the menu! The portions are large enough for everyone in the party to order something different and share.

1  Thank Larry46713
Reviewed April 11, 2013

OK - Let me start off by saying that if you are looking for gourmet dining, than you're in the wrong place. But if you're looking for a really good inexpensive dining experience, than Barbara's is a nice find. It's literally a mom and pop operation and you get the feeling that an old Hungarian couple invited you over for dinner at their home. The kitchen even looks more like a home kitchen than a standard restaurant one. The owner recommended an appetizer special for my group to share. It was some sort of cauliflower casserole, and while cauliflower isn't really my thing it was pretty darn good. All the entrees were very good and plentiful - we all took leftovers home. I'm not at all Hungarian, so I can't vouch for the authenticity of the food - all I can say is we all enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank fluges