“Very Average”

Dining options: Reservations
Pennington, New Jersey
“Very Average”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had high hopes for Mikonos after reading many of the reviews, but unfortunately our dinner was a disappointment. Although the place had only 6 tables seated, the service was quite slow. Our pre-dinner Greek salads were served on hot plates which turned us off a bit. My spanakopita was baked nicely, but didn't have much flavor. My husband's lamb souvlaki was inedible - more fat sinew than actual meat. Neither of us cared for the lemon potatoes that accompanied the dinners. Sadly, we won't be back.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Jeanne D

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A fine find on the way to NY”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were on one of our trips North from Washington. This one included a new find. We’ve been searching for properly made and properly crisped spanakopita between Washington and New York for years. We think we have exhausted most of the options within ten miles of exits on the New Jersey Turnpike available about the time we want to eat lunch. This trip because we were not using the turnpike, instead coming a more inland route through Wilmington, Philadelphia and Princeton on our way to upstate New York, John ventured on to the web to find Greek restaurants between Philadelphia and the New York border for a stop for lunch. Lo and behold, it has been found--the appropriate Greek restaurant with spanakopita made daily and roasted in an oven, not zapped in a microwave. Mikonos Restaurant, 2.7 miles from I-95 just north of Trenton is the place. Ben’s spinach pie was superb, John’s lamb and beef souvlaki was a joy top chomp on, and the service was great. The price was good too.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Lanxlad
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Delicious Greek Food”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We really enjoyed Mikonos. The food was fresh and presented nicely. The service was very good. It's not fancy place, but it's charming. We'll go again soon.

1 Thank tin_bkk
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Mediocre Meal”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Was looking forward to eating here after NY Times and local reviews. Maybe our standards going in were too high given the reviews. We were disappointed with the food and thought everything we tried was bland. The appetizers: Greek Meatballs, Octopus and stuffed red peppers were ok. My Lamb Souvlaki was dry and full of fat. Not the nice juicy meat I was expecting. My husbands Chicken dish was mushy, again no flavor!!! The highlight of the meal was dessert. Can never go wrong with honey and nut desserts. Service was good. Nothing was good or enticing enough to bring us back.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank 65AroundTheWorld
Hamilton, New Jersey
“My new favorite place”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Made my fourth trip there this week. It is about a 25 minute drive, and I would go every week if I could. Place is an old "Stewart's Root Beer" converted into a restaurant. Food is off the charts good. WHATEVER your order, try to get some of their mustard sauce. It is awesome. The gyro platter is a fave, and their spanokopita is the best I have ever had. You can go heavy or light with the food - you have options from pastichio to grilled chicken. Everything is fresh, crisp, delicious. Staff are all very accomodating and pleasant, and quick to help you navigate the menu if you are not familiar with Greek cuisine. An absolute gem in Ewing. Very easy to get too off of I295. Menu is same for lunch and dinner, prices go up at dinner (lunch is best value).

• Visited August 2012