“Watch the prices- they will cheat you”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Mulino - CLOSED

Cafe Mulino
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ewing, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Watch the prices- they will cheat you”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Bate & switch on the menu prices. watch out! They changed the prices on the menu but never changed it on the website didn't want to honor the online prices. They ran my visa without giving a final cost. The cost was 12 dollars more and I complained about it. I was going to leave the food right there after I was told seafood cost him more than online prices. I felt the problem was not my fault nor should be forced to pay for it. the owner is very nasty and the food is not good at all. Please avoid this place.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nicole C

philapa
“How bad could a salad be!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Looked at the reviews, before purchasing our spin saver coupon. Arrived at the restaurant at 7:30 pm on Saturday evening, only 4 cars in the parking lot. I said to my husband I am not to sure what I am going to order because the restaurant is not crowded. I am going to play it safe and order a salad. How bad could a salad be! We both order a salad I asked if I could have some oranges on the salad. Well here is the review. The salad was tasteless. I ordered the arugula salad, that was what I got arugula with hardly any dressing forgot the tomatoes and I small chunks of oranges had big seeds in the fruit, the shaved Parmesan cheese was not fresh. Same for my husband his salad was tasteless. Told the waitress we did not like the salad, we cancelled our entree. Ordered grilled chicken to put on the salad, I was given the tomatoes that they forgot to put on the salad, more salad dressing and black pepper. Not going to mention what the manager had to say to us. We had to spend $30. So I ordered the pasta fagoile soup. Well I added olive oil black pepper and the cheese. Tasted kinda like progressive can soup. But I think the progressive soup is better. I felt bad for the waitress, she was very nice and I felt bad for her. She did not even know how to use the pepper mill. I had to show her. Then we gave the coupon to the manager and we got the check back and he charged us for the entire amount of the dinner. He did not credit us for the coupon. He had to void the charge and recharge us the correct amount. Needless to say I would never go back again. There were 2 other couples in the dinning room with us.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank dd59
Trenton, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A disappointment”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We made reservations a week ahead of time for a party of 13 for my husband's and daughter's birthday. When we arrived we stood waiting for 5 minutes - no one even came out, even though a bell announced the door had opened. The restaurant was empty, but there was a table for 13 set, so we seated ourselves. It was 15 or 20 minutes before the waitress came to the table. It took another 10 minutes for our water to arrive. It took another 10 minutes for her to take orders. It took over 30 minutes for the salads to arrive - and it just continued to get worse. At the hour point, I finally asked when the food would arrive. The waitress never really checked on the table, gave any explanation for the delays, offered to refill drinks, etc. There were only three other tables there that night - and one left because they had been sitting there for 30 minutes and no order was taken! Then, after we got home at least four of the guests were ill! STEER CLEAR!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rose C
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been to Cafe Mulino many times over the past few years. Run by two brothers, Luiz and Johnson (the chef), the food is consistently good and very reasonably priced. The personal attention to each customer by the brothers, and their sons who often act as waiters, makes this a real "family" experience. The home-made pasta is excellent -- do try the lobster ravioli --and the vegetables are always fresh and well presented. Their fish dishes are also delicious. Finally, don't miss out on the home-made tartufo for dessert.They also serve excellent thin-crust pizza! The restaurant is only a few blocks west of I-95 at exit 2 in NJ. This restaurant deserves to be better recognized for it consistently excellent food at a reasonable price. It is licensed and their is a bar for those who like a "pub" meal.

• Visited February 2014
Ewing NJ
“Nice Place, OK service, POOR food”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I really wanted this to be a nice Valentine's day dinner out. I was hoping for the best while knowing the reviews are mixed. Arrive at 7 and were seated promptly. this night they are very business but seem to be handling it will win the dining room.

First course was a specialty salad, it lacked flavor, taste and character. Then a chicken dish to share for dinner, again lacking character and taste. But the chicken itself was dry and overdone. Decided not to try to a desert based on the kitchen performance.

Not planning to return, really wish it would have be worth a return trip.

• Visited February 2014