“Ok, but a little disappointed”
Review of Cafe Mulino - CLOSED

Cafe Mulino
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Ok, but a little disappointed”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

First time visit last week with a girlfriend after work. Easy to get to off of Rts. 295/95 or Bear Tavern Road. Pasta Figilo soup was AWFUL. Broth had good texture and flavor, but soup had overcooked pieces of spaghetti and what looked like canned baked beans in it. Obviously a "leftover" soup. Would not order again. Hot bread triangles were delicious. I tried veal parm - it was ok, but the portion was extremely small (about the size of a piece of salami). Sauce was good, and it was not overcheesed. My friend had a pasta with gorgonzola sauce. She asked them to use capellini instead of fettuccine and to replace arugula with spinach (both ingredients were featured in other dishes). Waitress came back and told her she would need to pay $1.00 extra for each substitution. Really? She agreed, and received a very large portion of pasta that she said was quite good but too rich to eat the entire meal. I would not go out of my way to go back, but if I did I would inquire more about the dishes before ordering.

Visited July 2013

Ewing, New Jersey
“Never fails to impress...”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am a frequent customer of Cafe Mulino, and I must say.. this restaurant never fails to impress. Don't be fooled by its unassuming location and exterior.. it is some of the best Italian food you will eat.

This visit was for my girlfriend's birthday and she was just as impressed as I was. As usual, the food was spectacular. If you are a fan of homemade pastas and sauces, fresh seafood, and incredible desserts.. you need to come here.

• Visited July 2013
New Jersey
“Slow service”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on a Thursday night. Five other tables were occupied. We waited 10 minutes before our beverage order was taken. The food was fine, but the wait for bread, and our food was so long. I won't return.

• Visited June 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Good place, off night”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Mulino is a local place for us; we've been there often, like it alot. This evening, I had a very nice veal parm. Well prepared, very tasty. Foodie Wife ordered a 16 oz. New York Strip with a gorgonzola sauce. Loved the sauce. Here's the problem. First, it wasn't a New York Strip. It was tough, chewy and fatty. Definitely an inferior cut. Second, it wasn't 16 oz. Not even close. That wouldn't have been a problem; she wasn't all that concerned about size, but the size issue was compounded by the quality of the cut. To the credit of management, they tried to make it right...although the second cut was an equal problem. This is a great place for pasta, salads and pizza; veal and chicken dishes are solid, too. Stick with those.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank David A
hopewell
“Very nice people and place looked quite clean but the food was awful”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We visited recently for the first time. Very nice staff, very clean looking place, wanted the rest to be good so it could become a new 'go to' place, but unfortunately the food this particular early Saturday evening was just awful. We ordered the fried zucchini as an appetizer and between the 3 of us couldn't manage to finish it because the oil seemed rancid (normally one of us could have wolfed down an entire appetizer with no problem :)). The main courses also tasted funky, like the food was old. Normally eager eaters, we all left a lot of each dish on the plate and politely declined the offer of 'doggie' bags. The problem may be that the menu is far too extensive to be able to keep everything fresh. One in our party became very sick afterward.I share this review as much to help the establishment improve as to provide info for others. They were nice - would like to see them succeed.

• Visited December 2012