“Huge Room, Awesome Shower”

Element Ewing Princeton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Although a bit out of the way, I would choose to stay at the Element in Ewing over other hotels in the area due to price, the size of the room and the cleanliness. The studio was huge with high ceilings and a cute kitchenette. The bed was very comfortable, but the best part was the rainfall shower. It was fantastic... one of the best showers I've ever had.

The only downside of the stay was breakfast. Both days the breakfast was minimal and on one of the days, all of the coffee pots (maybe four of them) were empty with no one around to fill them. Not a huge deal, but it's something basic that could be improved upon. I would have also liked to have seen some yogurt without artificial sweeteners (maybe Stonyfield or Chobani?)

Overall a great stay! Will visit again on future trips to the area for the spacious, comfortable room and the awesome shower.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelLikeaLocalVT
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Erinmacker,
Thank you for the recommendation. The Westin Heavenly Shower is without a doubt one of our guests favorite features along with our fabulous beds.
Coffee is so important to us all and I will definitely work with team to make sure that we are not running out at any point. I cannot survive without it and realize how important this is.
We hope that you will find us again soon.
Lori

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Arrived late in evening with 2 kids and had expected connecting rooms, but had not been done. As a Platinum SPG member I was frustrated, but the evening front desk person, Wayne, was extremely understanding and while he could not solve the issue he had done what he could to improve the situation - very professional. Next morning Hotel manager was aware of the issue and took steps to make sure I was spoken to and offered a compensation for concerns without any prompting - had not expected anything ad was very pleased my concerns taken so seriously.

On the hotel, have never seen as many people cleaning in the morning. Hotel was spotless as were the rooms. My tow boys, 11 and 13, loved their room - they stay at Starwood hotels all the time with my points, and they really liked this hotel. Breakfast is simple but absolutely fine

WIll be back if in area again and looking out for Element hotels when I travel, especially with my family.

Rare that a hotel had made a mistake but goes the extra mile to resolve to the point where a possibly bas experience was turned around into a very positive interaction. General Manager, Lori, certainly knows how to handle issues - thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Mark,
Thank you for your kind words. We realize that "things happen" and really strive to make sure that we focus on resolving concerns and taking care of our guests.
I very much appreciate your understanding and certainly look forward to you becoming a loyal Element guest!

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend. The hotel website and reviews had me looking forward to staying. Wow, what a disappointment. We were able to check in a little early and that was nice. When we got to our room it wasn't exactly the cleanest. I was really unhappy with an old burn mark on the duvet and a few stains on the sheets. They were obviously laundered but they needed to be retired. I was so grossed out. The floors thru out needed swept. The room itself was a decent size and came with nice amenities. There were dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Again... Gross. When I went to wash my face that evening as I wet my wash cloth I could see the stain of foundation. It had obviously been laundered but should not have still be in circulation. I had just had surgery on my lip and I could not bring myself to wash my face with it. Yuck. We had our room and bedding done the next day and there was great improvement in the cleanliness and we had NOT complained.
The first night we had a large group on our floor that had several rooms. They were up and loud well past midnight. We finally called down to the desk at 12:30. I don't want to ruin anyone's fun but what about my weekend getaway. They probably should have put people away from a large group expecting some noise. Night two a strange dinging went off at dawn for several minutes. We have no idea still what that was. So glad to be up so early. Night three... Fire alarm 3:15am. We evacuated and basically paraded around and back in the front door in a line. I'm very glad there was no fire but an explanation or apology...anything.
Heavenly bed...regular bed.
Spa shower...decent
Toiletries... Shampoo is a 2n1 and does not come out of hair easily. No frizz but somewhat of an oil slick on your head.
Breakfast...yuck.
Staff does not care about you and does not have pride in their hotel or their work. I can't believe this is a Westin hotel. I've been to Europe and stayed in many hotels there. This was not even close.

• Stayed: July 2013
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear LauraO,
Thank you for sharing this feedback. I would like to convey my sincere apologies for the problems that you experienced. This is definitely not our normal standards and understand your disappointment. You mentioned that housekeeping improved the next day without you reporting the issue. We do care deeply about delivering great service and truly want to hear about issues when encountered so that we can correct this whenever possible while you are still in-house and can enjoy the remainder of your stay.
We did have a large family reunion last weekend and we did try to make sure almost all rooms were close by each other and guests not affiliated with this group were on other floors.
I would really like an opportunity to speak with you further. Please contact me via email or telephone. Lori.simpson@hhmlp.com or (609) 718-1403.
I hope to hear from you.
Lori

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my third stay at the Element and I must say I was disappointed this trip. My biggest complaint is the housekeeping. We were there for 6 days and the floors in the elevator and hallway were dirty the entire time. The housekeepers are using some kind of cleaner on the chairs in the dining area that leave the a horrible sticky film. There were 3 of us and we had to ask for additional washcloths or blankets every day. One of the comforters had a horrible smell. The housekeeper took it but didn't leave a clean one. The sofa bed is on springs with no mattress pad. So much for the extra sleeping space. Breakfast was so-so.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear ToniC,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I am sorry that we did not meet our service standards during this visit and promise you that I will review with our team. Cleanliness and consistency is critically important for our success and for a guest that has been here several days, any issues should have been resolved. I wish that I would have an opportunity to speak with you and resolve while you were here. Please contact me directly at lori.simpson@hhmlp.com.
I see that you have stayed here a few times before and would like a chance to redeem ourselves.
I hope to hear from you!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Element Ewing is a fantastic hotel that is well maintained, well thought out, and an all-around great hotel to stay at.

Upon arrival, the check-in was smooth and the evening reception was going on. While I did not participate in the reception, several individuals were partaking and looking like they were enjoying both the free food and drinks - it made me wish I were not on a business trip and could participate! The staff was very friendly and helpful in terms of locations for running (not much), providing band-aids, etc.

The rooms myself and a business associate had were fantastic - well appointed, clean, well laid out, etc. Each of our rooms had two queen sized beds and a full kitchen. The beds were incredibly comfortable (didn't want to get up in the morning!) and the kitchen would have been used if we had stayed for more than two nights. The bathroom was the finishing touch in the room - with both the option of a rain showerhead and a spray nozel, it was possible to both feel relaxed and to get clean, all while saving water! So, overall - the rooms were great and I couldn't ask for anything different.

In addition to the rooms - the workout room was fine. They had treadmills, exercise bikes (including one where you could power the charging station to charge your ipod or iphone), elliptical machines, and weights. All exercise equipment seemed pretty modern (had ability to watch TV or connect your own device) and worked well.

Finally, the breakfast provided by the hotel was also quite good. Each morning they had a variety of options of breakfast sandwiches (including a delicious vegetarian egg wrap one morning), muffins, pastries, cereal, toast and english muffins, fruit, yogurt, juices, AND smoothies! (Along with coffee of course). All of the food was very good and the choices were appreciated.

Overall, a very nice stay. If traveling back to the Ewing area, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear RAMW13,
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and services. We hope to see you whenever returning to the Ewing/Princeton area.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

When I think of all the things I like in a hotel, it seems Element was created to provide them -- the Heavenly Bed, all-suites, a nice breakfast, great coffee, an evening happy hour included, a large new fitness center, a hot tub -- all in a very upscale Westin-like setting.No, it's not the price of a Springhill suite, it's more -- but you get what you pay for. Springhill and ones like it are generally very spartan -- not Element. This is my first Element experience, and I will look for others.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the one BR suite, so kids could have their own TV
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear MadeinFlorida,
I loved your review and so glad that you are now an Element fan! The brand just opened our 11th Element in Vaugn, Ontario and there are several others under development.
We certainly hope that you keep us in mind should you be in Ewing-Princeton area again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Needed a room son was at football camp in Ewing and last year drove back and forth this year decided to rent room. Taking g/f decided the hotel would have to be three star selected elements and was glad I did. The bed was comfortable there is no tub but the shower head is awesome I am planning to come back to ewing just for the hotel.

Room Tip: This is a energy efficient hotel they put a hold on your card to make sure you dont smoke or for any...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ladyg2u

Dear ladyg2u,
I am glad that you found us and enjoyed your visit. Two of my favorite parts of our room are the Heavenly Bed by Westin and the Heaven Shower by Westin and so many guests love these features!
We hope that you return for the next camp and enjoy again.

Lori Simpson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Element Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!