“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

First stay at an Element Hotel and was very pleased. The hotel lobby and room decor was very stylish (modern) and the layout for both was very comfortable. Hotel staff was very friendly and welcoming. I will be staying here again for trips to the Princeton area.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, but its easy to get to places (with a car).

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank 3hands
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear 3hands,
Thank you for the review. I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff.
We would love to welcome you back next time you return to the area.
Warmly,
Lori Simpson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Exton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I recently stayed at Element and wanted to provide honest feedback to help other travelers pick from the many options in the area. I have stayed in multiple hotels in the Princeton area and this is at the top of the list.

Pros: The hotel has a bamboo scent, it's modern, clean, spacious, eco-friendly, salt water pool, hot tub, nice bathroom amenities (the conditioner needs to be separate), efficient room size and functionality. Nice bedding, affordable, nice music playing throughout and loved the rain shower. Great for business, family or romantic stays.

Cons: Provides premium parking for hybrid owners and only had one EV charger. All the spots were taken by non EV's. They could not find the owners, nor did they care to. The staff did not support what their employer's brand is trying to achieve. They need to monitor this and guarantee those spots for the environment friendly. The toilet was running the entire time in our room. The staff was the biggest problem. We were told breakfast was 7:30-10:30. We came down a little after 10 and it was cleared away. The staff member gave us the wrong times. The hotel is secluded and about a 15 minute drive from Princeton. The price for water is $3 so bring your own. The hotel needs a bar and restaurant on site and would do much better near a beach location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SPGmember1195,
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that we on top of your list for Princeton area hotels.
I apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. We do have 1 EV charging station and it is part of our brand standard. We also have several reserved spots for low emitting energy efficient vehicles. I have shared your feedback with our team about their responsiveness. We are working on some ways to police this area to ensure other guests abide by the criteria.
Breakfast is important and each and every staff member should always be knowledgeable of hours of operation. I am so sorry that you missed the time because you were misinformed.
I hope that you will visit again and be able to enjoy our breakfast offerings. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any assistance.
lori.simpson@hhmlp.com
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel (a girl's getaway). The rooms were very clean well equipped (not too many hotels offer full size fridge, dishwasher, hot plate and full set of dishes and cutlery). The décor is very contemporary, almost minimalistic. The bedding was very comfortable, bathroom was huge and beautiful, the only thing I’d like to see improved is water pressure in the shower, but that’s the eco-friendly feature, so I shouldn't complain.
Breakfast was included in the rate and there was enough selection, everything was nice and fresh.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Agnes T,
Thank you for your great review! We do have lots of space and glad you enjoyed the room. We are excited that you had a fun girl's getaway and encourage you to plan another.

Thank you!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love clean hotels with modern designs done with taste.
I just wish they had a restaurant in the hotel. The location is remote so if you don't rent a car, you are stranded with no food there.
The service is great and i appreciate the shuttle service taking us to our offices.
What i loved the most was the shower.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear SantaYalla,
Thank you for your review. The Heavenly Shower by Westin is definitely one of the selling points of our guest rooms. I am glad you had an opportunity to utilize our shuttle. This is a convenient option for many of our weekday corporate guests. Although we do not have a restaurant on site, we do have many options for delivery and there are several choices within local area that our van can transport guests to, based on availability.
We hope to see you again soon.
Lori
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel is part of the Starwood group and is comparable in price to the Aloft hotels. We found the hotel to be clean and modern. Our room was a one bedroom suite that contained a king size bed, a living room area and a kitchen. I was impressed with the kitchen as it had modern glass tiles, a microwave, toaster and a full size refrigerator. There was also a desk that separated the kitchen from the living room. The entry area had a nice large closet with cubbies to place suitcases, and below this was a two-person dining table with stools. These all had wheels so they could be pulled out from under the closet area. The only thing I didn't care for was the lighting in the kitchen. It may have been lit by fluorescent bulbs that cast a greyish light. The lobby was cheerful, and the staff was very nice. The lobby was brightly lit and had ample seating. From the lobby one can enter the gym, pool or the outdoor courtyard. There was also a snack bar open 24 hours. Free hot breakfast is offered with your stay. Bikes are also available for use. I would recommend this hotel if you're travelling along I-95 or are doing work in the Princeton, NJ/Bucks County, PA areas. The surrounding area is very quiet and is easily accessible to I-95.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Phillycww,
I would like to thank you for such a detailed review on our hotel. You really had an opportunity to see all of our offerings and we are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. Please make sure to always keep us in mind when traveling to our area.
Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

A good hotel, with a very modern sparse decor (it helps to like the color green). Our third floor room was quiet, comfortable and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and the wired and wireless internet access worked well. The on-site gym was attractive and well-equipped.

Breakfast was somewhere between a continental and full breakfast. Good coffee, juice, fresh fruit, bread, cereal but only some basic hot items (breakfast wraps).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear SBSmith,
We would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel. The colors used throughout reflect many earth tones as part of our environmentally focused theme and I agree that it helps if green is a favorite color. The gym is a favorite area for many of our regular guests.
Our breakfast features hot two breakfast sandwiches that change daily along with daily smoothies, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, pastries, breads, muffins and juices,
We hope that you will return again next time you are in the area.
Thank you!
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel was good. Comfortable beds and very clean. However, I was on the first floor by the parking lot and should have asked to switch , just a terrible view. Pool and whirlpool were great as well as a surprisingly good continental breakfast. Each morning, there was fresh fruit, granola, good coffee, eggs on biscuits. Also so nice was the evening cocktail hour.
The concierges could have been more on it- I was there one night and my husband was joining me the next day. So in the morning I asked to leave a key for him and confirmed his name was on our reservation. Regardless, when he arrived with our 3year old and dog - a bit harried from a two hour drive- they told him "they had no record of me being there." It was probably a spelling error and it got straightened out within ten minutes but it was a bit aggravating. Despite this i cannot imagine a better hotel in the vicinity and would recommend.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor!