“Nice Modern and Inexpensive”

Element Ewing Princeton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
New York City, New York
“Nice Modern and Inexpensive”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel is part of the Starwood group and is comparable in price to the Aloft hotels. We found the hotel to be clean and modern. Our room was a one bedroom suite that contained a king size bed, a living room area and a kitchen. I was impressed with the kitchen as it had modern glass tiles, a microwave, toaster and a full size refrigerator. There was also a desk that separated the kitchen from the living room. The entry area had a nice large closet with cubbies to place suitcases, and below this was a two-person dining table with stools. These all had wheels so they could be pulled out from under the closet area. The only thing I didn't care for was the lighting in the kitchen. It may have been lit by fluorescent bulbs that cast a greyish light. The lobby was cheerful, and the staff was very nice. The lobby was brightly lit and had ample seating. From the lobby one can enter the gym, pool or the outdoor courtyard. There was also a snack bar open 24 hours. Free hot breakfast is offered with your stay. Bikes are also available for use. I would recommend this hotel if you're travelling along I-95 or are doing work in the Princeton, NJ/Bucks County, PA areas. The surrounding area is very quiet and is easily accessible to I-95.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Phillycww,
I would like to thank you for such a detailed review on our hotel. You really had an opportunity to see all of our offerings and we are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff. Please make sure to always keep us in mind when traveling to our area.
Lori Simpson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed December 23, 2012

A good hotel, with a very modern sparse decor (it helps to like the color green). Our third floor room was quiet, comfortable and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and the wired and wireless internet access worked well. The on-site gym was attractive and well-equipped.

Breakfast was somewhere between a continental and full breakfast. Good coffee, juice, fresh fruit, bread, cereal but only some basic hot items (breakfast wraps).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lori S, General Manager at Element Ewing Princeton, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear SBSmith,
We would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel. The colors used throughout reflect many earth tones as part of our environmentally focused theme and I agree that it helps if green is a favorite color. The gym is a favorite area for many of our regular guests.
Our breakfast features hot two breakfast sandwiches that change daily along with daily smoothies, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, pastries, breads, muffins and juices,
We hope that you will return again next time you are in the area.
NYC
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel was good. Comfortable beds and very clean. However, I was on the first floor by the parking lot and should have asked to switch , just a terrible view. Pool and whirlpool were great as well as a surprisingly good continental breakfast. Each morning, there was fresh fruit, granola, good coffee, eggs on biscuits. Also so nice was the evening cocktail hour.
The concierges could have been more on it- I was there one night and my husband was joining me the next day. So in the morning I asked to leave a key for him and confirmed his name was on our reservation. Regardless, when he arrived with our 3year old and dog - a bit harried from a two hour drive- they told him "they had no record of me being there." It was probably a spelling error and it got straightened out within ten minutes but it was a bit aggravating. Despite this i cannot imagine a better hotel in the vicinity and would recommend.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Avalon19
Dear Avalon19,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Element. We do have 4 floors in our building and the 1st floor is convenient for many guests but would always recommend a higher floors for a guest that prefers views.
I apologize for the mishap with your key and it sounds like there was a communication breakdown. Guest security is very important and I am sure it was no fun for your family to wait, especially since you had communicated that they would be there.
I hope that your family keeps us in mind whenever returning to the Princeton area.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Not sure if they were going for green or ugly in the design, but ugly. The rooms are so basic, you'll feel like you're in a college dorm. They are clean, though. The staff lacks maturity and any sense of customer service. I don't think they have anyone working here over age 30.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank LPopelka
Dear Popelka,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. We realize that we are not the hotel for everyone and hope that there is another brand within our Starwood family that is your choice when travelling. Our decor is modern and we are the first Leed certified hotel to open in the State of NJ.
I apologize that you did not enjoy your experience.

New Jersey, USA
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Would have put excellent, but in the middle of the night we had a ceiling leak in the bedroom of the king suite. The Day guy and Night gal running the desk were top notch. The place was very clean. The indoor pool and hot tub were great, would have been better if 3 adults werent tending 6 kids @ 10pm running between the hot tub and pool. But the leak and the poor parenting around the pool is not the hotel's fault. The leak lasted about an hour, I put a garbage can under it and went back to sleep. As soon as I told someone at the front desk, they were on the horn to dispatch someone. It wasnt a big deal to me, that being said, I would definately stay there again. a short 18 min trip away from New Hope.

Room Tip: I hear not to stay on the ground floor, i was on the third and hardly heard anyone.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear timeinhell,
Thank you for the review. I am excited to hear our staff took good care of you. I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered. We really focus on creating a problem free stay for our guests and sometimes the unexpected happens. It sounds like you were very understanding and I thank you for that. We have been making more frequent visits to the pool area to help with any issues and always encourage guests to call the front desk if there are any issues so we can address.
I consider it our fortune that you were unable to get into a B&B in New Hope for one night and got to experience our hotel.
We hope that we are your first choice when returning to the area.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed December 3, 2012

First time saying there and it was wonderful. They made sure our group was all together on the same floor in rooms next to each other. The hotel was spotless and the staff was wonderful. The kitchen area was very modern and fully equipped. The bathroom area was excellent with a waterfall shower - no bath.
A light breakfast was available in AM.
It was not easy to find and not centrally located to populated areas. Make sure you call them for better directions than your GPS.
Very few restaurants in area.

Only one complaint - some of us continually got cold showers.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped make sure you ask them for a room near the elevator. Our room was quite a wa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear L Z,
Thank you for your review and recommendation. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay and I will be happy to pass on compliments to our team.
We did discover a challenge with our mixing valves in our boiler room that impacted the water. I am happy to report that was corrected.
We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.
Westchester
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed overnight for a Cheerleading competition. I had a king suite, with a wonderfully comfortable bed and pillows, sectional couch, work station, kitchen, and bath. TV moved between spaces. Like a modern NYC studio, everything compact. Bathroom was modern, with a waterfall shower, toliet with two flush settings. Nice towels. Kitchen had stove top with enough utensils. What was odd to me was a dishwasher - with no dishwasher soap. Sink with small dishwashing liquid - but nothing to wash the dishes with, There was a full size refrigerator. Free wifi - lots of lighting. Very efficient. Pool was nice. I had issues with the heat and took two times for maintainance to fix - but they did. I did not like the dark brown hallways - reminded me of a Yonkers walk up - wish they could lighten this up. Breakfast was mediocre - but they had nice coffee and orange juice. They do have specialty parking in the front for energy efficient cars. This hotel is not walking distance anywhere, but a short ride to some pizzarias and 5 guys. I liked this hotel and would consider staying in it again when in the area and would consider the chain. It was clean, staff was very nice and efficient. My complaints are cosmetic compaired to others I have stayed at. Wish they would add a little more to their breakfast buffet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mishy119,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you will look for Elements for future travels. The Westin Bed is my favorite feature and so many guests love our bedding.
Our standard is to always leave dishwasher tabs and one time use liquids in rooms daily and I apologize that we missed the tab in your room. We always love to hear feedback and welcome any comments about how we can improve your stay for the next time.
Lori Simpson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
#6 of 15 in Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Element Ewing Princeton? Share your experiences!