“Staff and Management at this hotel are Great!”

SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Merritt Island, Florida
“Staff and Management at this hotel are Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I am an airline pilot and I stay in a hotel room over 150 nights a year. Springhill Suites is our company hotel for Trenton and we love it. The staff members are all great and go far and beyond their normal duties to make sure we enjoy our stay. The breakfast is always open no matter how early we have to leave the hotel and the food is exceptional. The rooms are very clean and have microwaves and refrigerators. I stayed three nights at the hotel last week and happened to be in town for the reenactment of the battle of Trenton. It was very impressive and I highly recommend seeing it next year if you are in town. Several of the reenactors stayed at the hotel and were dressed for the occasion. Anthony and Renee are employees of the hotel and always do a great job but they were exceptional this week. They researched the schedule and set up the van to be ready to take the crew to the last battle reenactment and we got there in time to see it all. Sarah picked us up with the van downtown after it was over. Pat the manager is great to all of the customers and so are all his employees. I highly recommend this hotel and I cannot sing enough good praises for the good people that work here. I love this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for the excellent review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. The entire team at the hotel prides itself in exceeding our guests' expectations, and I am pleased that Anthony, Renee, and Sarah went above and beyond. Being in the middle of 2 key historic sites, Trenton and Washington Crossing, I am sure the troops marched thru our property at one time in the 1770's. Too bad the hotel wasn't there then! We make sure the free hot and cold healthy breakfast is always available to meet our guests' needs. The housekeeping team are proud of the great customer feedback on the overall cleanliness they receive regularly. We certainly enjoy servicing your entire team when they are in our area. Happy New Year!
Patrick Brogan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed for one night and overall, were very pleased with the room and service. The room was spacious, the bed comfy, sheets clean and the climate control worked very well. The only two minor issues we had were the bathroom could have been cleaned better and the rugs desperately need a cleaning. There were a few long black hairs on the bathroom floor near the outside of the shower and when I put the soap down on the upper holder in the shower It came away with dirt and hair on it. (Also long and black ..I have red) The lower soap holder and shower were clean so I am guessing the upper one which cannot be seen was over-looked. The toilet itself was spotless. My other issue was the carpet. I put on clean, beige socks and walked across my room in them exactly three times. When I sat down to put my shoes on, my socks were filthy. This is to be expected in the winter, I suppose, when people walk in with dirty, wet shoes. I would not let either of these issues stop me from staying here again next year.

Bed and pillows were excellent and a ncie compromise between my husband I. He prefers firm, I prefer soft. We did not use the pull-out sofa and there is a divider between the sleeping area and sofa that offers some, not total privacy. A nice touch is the toilet area with small sink separated completely from the shower/sink area. The breakfast was good with eggs, a meat choice, waffles, cold cereal choices, pastries, bread choices, juice and soda. It's about 12 minutes from Downtown Trenton (On a weekend) and with free parking, the total cost of $137.00 makes it fairly priced but not exactly a bargain.

The really outstanding part of our stay was the night staff that checked us in Fri. They were friendly, charming and helpful. A real pleasure!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for the great review you posted about our hotel. I am pleased that you were very comfortable and had a wonderful nights' sleep. The room layout is mentioned very positively by the guests, especially families. The seperate bathrooms are a major plus for a family. I appreciate the feedback on the defeciencies you noted, which have been addressed. I see you enjoyed the complimentary hot and cold healthy breakfast, and added to the price value with this is free parking. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and willing to assist at all times, which you saw first hand. We look forward to being of service to you on your next visit.

Hamden, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We booked this hotel for a Christmas revisit when we were here this summer for a Sesame Place visit. No disappointments. The lobby looked beautiful and the front desk staff was great. Knowing that they had a noisy group of high school traveling athletes, they took the initiative to place our rooms on a more quiet different floor. We had two rooms booked, one with our daughters family with young children, so this was most appreciated. The rooms are large, spotless and modern. There is always good coffee brewed in the lobby. The included buffet, was plentiful with good selections available. I like the separation between the shower and toilet area (although there is no tub, shower only), and love the lighted magnifying mirror. The only drawback is that its a little off the beaten path, but well worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Welcome back to the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South, and thank you for your very positive review. Our goal is to keep the hotel looking fresh and new at all times, since the day we opened. The front desk staff are extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and attempt to exceed our guests' expectations. I am pleased they assigned your room to a quiet area for your comfort and rest. The room layouts are especially good for families, with the seperate bathrooms in each gueat room. I see you enjoyed the amenities of 24 hour free coffee, and the complimentary hot and cold healthy breakfast. We hope to see you again.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

The Springhill Suites in Ewing is a newer hotel with an excellent lobby gathering area. The rooms (I had two suites) were very clean and well equipped. Great location convenient to Princeton and The College of New Jersey.

What really made the stay was the friendly and courteous staff. Anthony (Night Manager) was especially helpful providing several options for local dinners and site seeing for the day.

I would definitely recommend this hotel without hesitation!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I see you were impressed with the overall hotel cleanliness, and the convenience of the the hotel to local colleges and accessability from major highways including Rt. 95, Rt 1, and the NJ Turnpike. The friendly staff that you mentioned are very helpful in providing recommendations to local attractions and dining options. Anthony is definitely a people person, and is a true representative for hospitality. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

For the price of this hotel combined with how clean and comfortable the accommodations were I just have to give it the best rating available. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is an indoor pool and small gym area that is great! The complimentary breakfast has more choices than I expected. I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathleen A
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review about your visit at the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. The co-workers take great pride in satisfying all our guests, which you mentioned being helpful and friendly. I am pleased you were impressed with the hotel cleanliness and comfort. I see that you enjoyed the hotel indoor pool, fitness center, and complimentary hot and cold healthy breakfast. We hope to see you again.

Pat Brogan
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I will start this review by staying I did not stay here, however, I have a positive story to tell.

A friend's basketball team was staying here and we met them with food and drink. We arrived before the team, and the hotel staff welcomed us and allowed us to set up pizza and hoagies on a table in their lobby. They provided paper plates and napkins, as well. They were very accommodating.

The lobby space is very nice. It feels metropolitan. It's new, clean, spacious. There is a full bar and a snack shop. The bathrooms in the lobby are updated, bright and clean. The pool was inviting... but no swim suit! :-)

I would stay here if I ever had the opportunity to do so!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I am pleased that you visited the hotel and were able to experience our wonderful co-workers who thrive on exceeding expectations. They know hospitality and were able to assist you in taking care of the arrangements for the team meal. We are very proud of the overall hotel cleanliness which you saw first hand. Our guests do enjoy the facility, including the bar, bistro, indoor pool and fitness room. The free wifi is a hit. We certainly hope to be of service to you in the future.

Palmer, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Before my trip even began the hotel staff made it easier by allowing me to check-in early so my daughter could take a nap at her regularly scheduled time. The crib was set up and waiting in the room. The staff would greet guests coming and going and were helpful in providing directions to local businesses. The breakfast had a great selection of items - only feedback is to add sausage. The heated swimming pool was perfect temperature and had a neat feature which was a 'rainfall' shower at one end. The bathroom was an interesting setup as there was 1 bathroom with just a toilet/sink and the other with a shower/sink. I did follow up with a thank you email to the hotel as I think they went above and beyond to make sure their guests are satisfied.

Bottom line: Stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I am pleased we were able to accomadate your request for an early check-in. The entire staff is focused on guest service which you were able to see during your visit. On our free hot and cold breakfast we rotate meats daily, and we do serve sausage on some days. The indoor pool is a great place to relax. The guest room layout is mentioned positively by our guests, with 2 seperate rooms, one with a shower or tub and vanity; and the other with the commode and sink. Families especially like this. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Patrick Brogan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South? Share your experiences!