“"They Make it Hard to Want to Go Home"”

SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
New York City, New York
“"They Make it Hard to Want to Go Home"”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Being an avid traveler, felt it was necessary this time to write a review for my recent hotel stay at the Springhill Suites in Ewing, NJ. From the courteous and attentive staff, to the impecable rooms,to the extreme cleanliness, I was overwhelmed with my experience. They should rename the continental breakfast to a "breakfast buffet". In discussing the my extreme content with the hotel with another guest in the elevator, he stated it best....... "They make it hard to want to go home". And I couldn't agree more.....

Room Tip: I dont think it matters as the all the rooms are likely of superior quality from my talks with other...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding review of the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South, which is our guests "home away from home." All of our co-workers are true hospitality ambassadors, who have a goal to exceed our guests' expectations. From the hotel cleanliness to the friendly, caring attitudes, you have experienced what our hotel is all about. I see you enjoyed the complimentary hot and cold, healthy breakfast, which is a great way to start the day. Please return to our hotel when traveling to the Ewing/Princeton area.

Pat Brogan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Brussels Belgium
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions and it is always very clean, comfortable and the perfect base of operations when I'm in the area.

On my last visit, after an extremely frustrating day of travel with many delays and unexpected twists, I arrived after midnight and realized that I had forgotten to book in advance.

David at the front desk was more than helpful in getting me booked at a reasonable rate. It was very much appreciated to have someone to take care of the details without additional stress.

Will definitely continue to stay at this hotel again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: there is an airport nearby with some plane sounds as well as a highway behind the hotel - if this bo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing /Princeton South. I thank you for being a loyal guest at our hotel, and that you are impressed with the consistent cleanliness of the entire facility and that you are comfortable with the property. I know that after a long, stressful trip it is most appreciative to have a friendly reception, especially at midnight, and all your needs are met, and exceeded. I will also thank David for the warm hospitality he displayed.
I look forward to continually being of service to you on your return visits.

Hicksville, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night while in Princeton for business. The staff was very friendly, and the room spacious and very clean. The breakfast was standard Springhill Suites fare, with all items well stocked and hot.

One minor complaint was that most Springhills that I have stayed in had fresh coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day - not so at this location, although they have a coffee maker in the room. My kids were also disappointed at the absence of the standard lollipops on the front counter, but my wife was happy, so I'll call that a draw.

The location was great, right off the highway and convenient to local companies and Princeton University (15 minutes). The parking area is secure and well lighted.

• Stayed July 2013
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your excellent review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I am pleased you were impressed with the overall cleanliness of the hotel, and enjoyed the over-sized guest suites which are perfect for families. All guests enjoy the healthy, complimentary breakfast, as well as free wifi throughout the hotel. I will make sure that the lollipops are available at all times. Sorry. Hope to be of service to you again when traveling thru our area.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I selected this hotel because of its review, but primarily because of the location. I was in the city for a day and half to attend a funeral unexpectedly. Check in time is not until 3pm, but I arrived in time, from traveling on the road for six hours to attend the funeral. When I arrived, their were two hotel associates talking, and neither of them greeted or addressed me, but the associate, Nancy did, and was so polite. I explained to her I wanted to check in early if possible, because I needed to change to attend an 11am funeral. Without hesitation, she looked in the system for an available room, and found one, allowing me to check-in early. She gave me directions, told me about breakfast, etc. Extremely courteous, understanding, and sympathetic to my situation. The next day for checkout, I asked about an extension because I needed more rest before turning around to get on the road, and she extended my checkout. Superb! The hotel has breakfast, the décor is very modern and clean, and the rooms are spacious! If you are looking for a great hotel, this is it, and ask for Nancy at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your excellent review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. My condolences about your recent loss. I am pleased that Nancy, a true hospitality professional, was able to find a room for you for an early check-in, and went ahead to reserve a room for an additional night during a very busy week. I see you were impressed with the overall hotel cleanliness, and enjoyed the free healthy, hot and cold breakfast while staying with us. If traveling to our area in the future, please let us be of service to you.

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My daughter's wedding was at The Grounds for Sculpture and we needed a one night stay for all our guests after the reception. This hotel was perfect and I cannot say enough great things about their Sales Manager, Abby. She could not have been more accommodating. Any questions we had prior to the wedding were answered quickly, giving us a real feeling that all of our needs would be taken care of during our stay--and we were right. There was a sign up sheet for transportation to the venue when guests arrived at check-in (all of the staff on reception new about the wedding transportation so they could answer any questions guests had), the bar was kept open for us when we arrived back from the reception--and Abby even made sure we had one of the conference rooms the following morning so that any guests who missed the hotel breakfast could still get food (I had Panera deliver pastries and OJ after the hotel breakfast ended.) All of the wedding guests loved the hotel and because Abby had done such a great job, we could just relax and enjoy our daughter's wedding!! THANKS ABBY!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for the excellent comments you posted about your experiences at the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South during your daughter's wedding weekend. Congratulations on your daughter's marriage. Abby, Hotel Sales Manager, certainly makes sure that she covers all details with her brides, to ensure that everything runs smoothly. She also is available at any time to answer questions. I am pleased you were able to use the hotel amenities, including the free wi-fi; complimentary hot and cold breakfast; and a privite room to gather as a group during breakfast. We hope to be able to be of service to you when you return to the area.

Hamilton, NJ
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We used the Springhill Suites in Ewing for our wedding room block. Our wedding happened to fall on the weekend of a huge lacrosse tournament, so the hotel was sold out. I never would have known how busy they were because of the excellent service and personal attention we received. As the bride, I stayed there with most of my bridesmaids the night before, then with my new husband the night of our wedding. Abby, the sales manager, was a tremendous help setting up the room block, transportation, and organizing the use of the meeting room for hair/makeup/lunch the day of the wedding. She was wonderful! When she was away on business, Brittany stepped in and was also a great help, although Abby still contacted me from out of the country to make sure everything was okay. She went above and beyond what I expected. During our wedding weekend, Pat, the manager, gave us the use of the meeting room for longer than we planned on, and even gave us a full-length mirror, power strips, and whatever else we needed to make the morning run smoothly. He made sure I was taken care of, and even asked how everything went the next morning at breakfast (which was delicious). One of the groomsmen needed an early check-in for the day of the wedding, and they made sure this was a priority, and even switched his room when we realized he and the groom would be right next door to me and we couldn’t see each other yet. Amazing! My in-laws stayed for 6 nights, and now won’t stay anywhere else when they come to the area to visit. They loved the big, modern room and the wonderful staff. We couldn’t have asked for a better hotel experience for our wedding weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review regarding your experieces at the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South on your wedding weekend. Congratulations on your marriage! The entire staff makes a point to make every attempt to anticipate out guests' needs and exceed their expectations. I am very pleased we did this for you and your entire wedding group. Abby and Brittany are a great team that cover all areas when working with brides in planning their visit at the hotel, so no details are missed. We hope to be of service to you again if you need hotel accomadations.

Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here recently to attend a wedding in the area. The property appears to be very new and the appointments are very modern. Location is great - especially if your working at the professional park adjacent. Also very close to the Trenton airport. There are no adjacent restaurants, but it does have a "Bistro" dell like the Marriott Courtyards and the front desk has lists of many local restaurants for dining in or delivery. There's a path along the road outside for jogging, but they were having quite a heat wave when we stayed, so I only got a limited run on it. Luckily the hotel's exercise room as well appointed and clean. Breakfast is included and has many options. All hotel staff were friendly and professional - we'd definitely stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from ice machines and elevators.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review for the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. We are currently going into the 4th year of operation, and as you noted, we keep the entire property looking fresh and new. You mentioned the friendly, professional staff that exceeded your expectations, which is pleasing to read. I am glad you took advantage of the hotel amenities and services, including the evening Bistro, free wi-fi, the new healthy hot and cold free breakfast, and the fitness center with state of the art equipment. We look forwward to being of service to you again, when you travel to this area.

Pat Brogan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South? Share your experiences!