“WOW - make sure you work with Abby!”

SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My fiance and I planned a wedding for Nov. 3rd of this year. When hurricane Sandy hit, we got the news that the Springhill suites hotel had no power and could not accommodate our guests any longer. BUT Abby never gave up hope and was relentless in finding us another hotel. I couldn't believe how helpful she was! She must have called over 2 dozen hotels trying to find us room blocks which was not an easy task because everyone was booking rooms due to loss of power! We believe that without Abby's help, all of our out-of-town guests, would not have been able to attend our wedding. We literally were getting ready to reschedule everything but never had to because of Abby. The Springhill Suites even paid for my fiance and my room at the new hotel that Abby found for 2 nights! I just can't get over how helpful they were and how determined Abby was to help us. They could have easily shrugged their shoulders and said it wasn't their problem (like most other hotels did) but they didn't. The Springhill Suites went above and beyond and my fiance and I will most certainly stay there if we ever need a hotel in the area! They will go down in our books as the venue that SAVED our wedding!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

I want to first congratulate you on your recent wedding, and that Abby was able to take the stress off you and find overnight rooms for your wedding group due to the power outage at our hotel from Hurricane Sandy. After many calls to hotels in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Abby found accomadations for the entire group, and relatively close to the reception. Yes, we are very fortunate to have Abby as a member of our team, as she always goes above and beyond for all of her groups, in both the planning stages and while in the hotel. We certainly hope to see you when you visit the Ewing/Princeton area. Thank you for taking the time to write your very favorable interaction with Abby.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We recently stayed in the hotel following a local wedding and could not have asked for a better stay, as the hotel is a convenient location just off 95. The rooms were clean, modern, and spacious. I've stayed at various different hotels for both personal and business travel and one thing that is usually hit or miss is the bed, however, the bed here was large (nice King size) and comfortable. I've stayed at a Springhill Suites in a different state, however, this specific Springhill Suites has been kept up much better than the prior one. The staff was attentive, courteous, and helpful, which made our stay much more enjoyable. For all services and amenities that the hotel has to offer, as well as the location, not only is the hotel a great stay, but it is a great value also.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for your excellent review of the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I appreciate your positive view of the clean, modern hotel, with plenty of space in our oversized guest rooms. Yes, we do have comfortable beds to ensure a good nights' rest. As you mentioned, the hotel co-workers are friendly and always willing to help. The hotel is in a great location, especially for all of the wedding venues in our area. We appreciate all of your positive comments.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've stayed here twice in the past month for business travel. This hotel is very modern and ultra-chic for this hotel class. It is very quiet; I've never heard any noise at all. You have a selection of newspapers in the morning (USA Today, WSJ), the work-out room is small but sufficient (several treadmills, ellipticals, a bike, and 1 weight bench), parking is ample & well-lighted.
The only "complaint" I have is that the quality of the free breakfast is below caliber for the rest of this hotel. For example, the blueberry muffifns are stale and don't actually taste like a blueberry muffin. This is minor, I realize, I guess it just caught me a bit off guard, considering how nice everything else is about this hotel. WORD OF WARNING - map out the route to this hotel carefully. There are actually two Interstate 95s in NJ. In addition, the GPS in my car took me completely off track and the GPS in my phone had me doing 6 miles of backroads, when I could have taken the interstate all the way in. I'm not sure why, but this location puts a GPS in a tailspin. Overall, this is an excellent value for the money, and I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I was on first floor for both stays, and I never heard a peep!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us several times, and posting your very favorable review about the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I am glad you enjoy the design of the hotel, with the modern designs and colors. I see you participated in the amenities, including the 24 hour fitness center and free wi-fi. The safety of our guests comes first, starting with the well lit parking areas, as you described. I will address the breakfast item you mentioned, as with several deliveries a week, the items should always be fresh. I appreciate your comments, and look forward to hosting you again at the hotel.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This futuristic hotel was a wonderful accidental find. Rooms were spacious, ours with two sinks and separate WC, couch and space to relax. The outdoor patio with fire pit was a pleasant way to end the day. Staff was extremely helpful and courteous.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

I want to thank you for your excellent review regarding the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I see you were impressed by the interior design of the hotel, which we hear many positive comments about. The atmosphere provides a relaxing experience,whether in your larger than normal guest room, or enjoying the outside fire pit. Yes, the staff is both friendly and courteous, and are here to handle all guests' requests with a smiling face. We appreciate your feedback about the hotel.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

From the photos the property looked new, clean and updated. All of the following were true. Upon check in we found out that there was going to be a large wedding party in the hotel both nights. When we entered our room we heard a lot of noise from across the hall, as if they were in our room! When we left you could smell the marijuana. We were awoken late early into the morning hours with slamming doors, the hallway wall is paper thin. Our second night was the same scenario. After reading the reviews more closely sounds like this hotel specializes in larger functions. We checked out the Element which is close by, much smaller property with thick walls! We will stay there on our next visit to Ewing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I was pleased to see that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the hotel, and overall appearance. I am sorry that you did not totally enjoy your experience due to the noise levels. The hotel staff addresses all situations when they are made aware of them, in order to keep other guests satisfied. I hope you would give us another chance to show you we are truely a great hotel.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a wedding weekend so I very much expected an average stay. To my pleasant surprise, the amenities were wonderful. The hotel lobby comes equipped with wonderful free breakfast spread (makes your own waffles, eggs, all types of coffee/juice, and bagels) in the morning, wifi lounge in the afternoon, and full bar & outdoor firepit at night. It was perfect for spending extended amounts of time with friends and family in a comfortable, social setting.

There are snacks & board games available in the lobby at all times & a relaxing clean pool for a refreshing dip.

I strongly recommend staying here if you are in the area !!

Room Tip: Request a room opposite entrance side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

I want to thank you for your excellent comments regarding the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I am pleased that you took full use of all of the hotel amenities, including the free hot and cold breakfast; the lounge, the fire pit in the evening, indoor pool, and board games. The hotel is certainly a great place to relax with friends, especially when attending weddings and other social events, where you can sit back and enjoy each others friendship. We certainly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My family booked a room block here for my son's bar mitzvah and we were all very pleased. The rooms are spacious and modern, fresh-looking and colorful. The outdoor fire pit/lounge area is wonderful. Nice pool - small, but the kids loved the "waterfall" from the ceiling. Abby was very helpful in recommending local restaurants (Metro Grill is fantastic!) and in assisting my guests with directions to our venue. The location is excellent - easy access right off 95.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I want to thank you for your recent posting about your great experience at the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I agree that the hotel is very clean in all areas, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Your hotel contact, Abby, does a wonderful job with her groups, as you mentioned. She is readily accessible to her groups before they arrive, and while our guests in the hotel. She takes care of any and all needs, as you noted. The fire pit is enjoyed by many guests in the evening, as a place to relax. I am pleased you enjoyed the pool, which is also rather relaxing. Again, we appreciate your comments.

Patrick Brogan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
Hyatt Place Princeton
#4 of 15 in Princeton
8 mi away
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne

Been to SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South? Share your experiences!