“excellent property”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“excellent property”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Excellent property, comfortable. On top of it complementary breakfast and fast internet makes it value for money.

Room Tip: the room we stayed was beautiful and comfortable
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deepak G
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your positive review regarding your recent excellent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, free wifi throughout the hotel, and the clean and comfortable rooms. We look forward to servicing you on your next visit to the Ewing/Princeton area.

Patrick Brogan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Vermont
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Second visit to this property. Rooms are new Springhill design. Breakfast well done and plentiful.
Housekeeping seemed to be slightly off from previous visit. Staff efficient and knowlegeable. Fairly quiet area though not the easiest to find.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank deut2
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your very positive posting regarding the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. We share the comments with the co-workers to both praise a job well done and discuss any areas to improve. The hotel is conveniently located off Rt 95 in a new office park, and we see that once our guests arrive and experience the hotel the first time, they keep returning. We certainly appreciate your business.

Utah
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Except for the fact that bathtubs are rare in this hotel, this was a superior experience. The staff was remarkably helpful and personable, including the bartender. There is a nice space in the lobby for breakfast, bar (at 5 pm), and bistro-style meals at night. It's not really close to much, but there is good walking in the neighborhood. The fitness center and pool were also nice. The "suite" itself was also comfortable with the exception of the lack of a bathtub. Restaurants are rather rare, but we'd definitely recommend Rat's (named for Ratty in The Wind in the Willows) at Grounds for Sculpture, a fabulous walkable park (formerly State Fair grounds)--about 10-15 minutes' drive. Also Enzio's Italian restaurant was a smallish, Italian neighborhood style restaurant with good food but BYOB. We cannot emphasize enough how nice the staff at this establishment is.

Room Tip: This is a rather quiet neighborhood in corporate setting, so all rooms are good. Might opt for an ea...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mule54
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I want to thank you for your review noting that you experienced exceptional service from the hotel staff. The co-workers are very proud of the hotel, and do whatever possible to please the guest in a caring and personable manner. I see you enjoyed the large fitness center, indoor pool, and complimentary hot and cold breakfast. Although we serve tasty meals in our bistro and bar, we also have a complete listing of local reastaurants that we recommend in the area. We do have a limited number of rooms with bathtubs, so it is a good idea to request a tub instead of a shower at time of reservation if you so desire. We look forward to servicing you on your next trip to the Ewing/Princeton, NJ area.

Maryland, USA
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Visited this hotel for two days during a grueling lacrosse tournament. I was very impressed with the friendly and helpful staff, from the front desk to the bar. Hotel was very clean and well stocked. Seems a little off the beaten path, but that made it even more enjoyable, frankly. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: A little hard to find; street address did not come up on GPS, but hotel includes cross streets to us...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sunnygirl110
Thank you for your very positive posting about our hotel. The entire hotel staff are here to serve our guests in a friendly, caring manner, which you witnessed during your visit in the heat wave. We are constantly acknowledged on the overall cleanliness of the hotel, which is most important. We hope to see you again when you are in the Ewing/Princeton ,NJ area.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have stayed at Springhill Suites in several states. It is hard to find much to distinguish one from another from the rooms, since they are all about the same. But the staff at this Springhill Suite seemed to go out of their way to make me feel welcome. Whether it was local information or an umbrella on a rainy morning, every need was met with a smile. And judging from the comments of other guests, that it just their way of operating. Everyone receives great treatment. The room was wonderfully quiet, the bed was comfortable, and the internet connection gave me no trouble.

I would only comment on one thing that makes the difference between a 4 and 5 TripAdvisor rating for me. For whatever reason, I have only stayed at SpringHill Suites when I have been traveling alone. There is plenty of room for me, and I have always appreciated the sitting area as well as the work space, which is larger than you find in many hotels of the same category. I can see, however, that if I were traveling with my wife or our family, I might find the room design less than congenial. The problem is the location of the bathroom relative to the bed. It's pretty much right there, at the foot of the bed. Of course the door closes, but really, there would be little feeling of privacy if someone had to get up in the night to use the toilet, and if someone else sleeping in the bed happened to wake up, he or she would be almost "in the action." This is not the fault of this particular Springhill Suites hotel. As far as I can tell, it is the universal design for the chain. It's not a great design, unless you are traveling alone. It would be especially uncomfortable if you were traveling with, say, a teenager who was sleeping out on the sofa. If he/she had to use the facility, well, it could be a bit invasive and uncomfortable for everyone. Of course, rearranging the room space would probably mean that the roominess that I enjoy when I travel alone would be sacrificed, so it's a trade-off. I comment on this only because I have seen other reviewers make the same point in reviews of other SpringHill Suites. I can see their point.

As mentioned, though, this was a non-issue for me. My stay at the SpringHill Suites in Ewing was nothing but pleasant. And the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff DOES make a difference.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
I want to first thank you for your recent posting about your wonderful experience at the SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. Yes, the hotel is great as you noted; but all of our staff certainly go above and beyond to satisfy our guests. They understand hospitality and cleanliness, and what it means to the traveler who stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed a good nights' sleep, and easily accessible and fast internet. The design of the room is different, although many families have told me they like the split bathrooms so several members of their family can be getting ready at the same time. Moving forward, the entrance to the one bathroom might be able to be moved. I appreciate your comments and look forward to you visiting us again.

Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for more than 10 years and this hotel ranks at the TOP of the excellent list, from Pat the General Manager to Abby the sales manager, we had a group of about 15 rooms and EVERYONE commented on how fantastic the stay was. Clean, well designed rooms, Incredible customer service, a very good breakfast with plenty of options for everyone, we are actually scheduled to stay there again next week with the same group and are looking forward to the stay. I can't think of one suggestion to improve the level of service. We did not use the pool or exercise room during the stay but everything was convenient

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review you posted regarding your recent stay at our SpringHill Suites in Ewing NJ. I am very proud of the entire staff at the hotel, who all aim to please. It is very refreshing to hear all of the positive comments from your entire group regarding the hotel cleanliness, appetizing breakfast, and great customer service. I appreciate you recognizing Abby, our Sales Manager, for her commitment to servicing your group in a truely professional manner.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Pat Brogan
Brigantine, New Jersey
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was my first time in any Spring Hill Suites, but it won't be my last.
This property is fairly new and as a result it is pristine.
The desk folk were accomodating and confirmed all of my reqquests had been met.
The room is large and the sinks in the two different rooms (bath and toilet) make it quite convenient when two are trying to get ready to depart.
The TV is better set up for the sitting room. The angle from the bed is not the best. One comfortable chair would be nice. (Your choices are sofaa or desk.)
The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate. The food was hot and fresh.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
I thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your very positive experience at our hotel. All of our co-workers continually exceed the guests' expectations, as you noted. I am pleased that you enjoyed all of our amenities, especially the complimentary hot and cold buffet. Families and couples certainly enjoy the split set of 2 bathrooms in each guest room. We look forward to servicing you on your next visit to the Ewing/Princeton NJ area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South? Share your experiences!