“A Great Refuge”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ewing
Brigantine, New Jersey
“A Great Refuge”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was my first time in any Spring Hill Suites, but it won't be my last.
This property is fairly new and as a result it is pristine.
The desk folk were accomodating and confirmed all of my reqquests had been met.
The room is large and the sinks in the two different rooms (bath and toilet) make it quite convenient when two are trying to get ready to depart.
The TV is better set up for the sitting room. The angle from the bed is not the best. One comfortable chair would be nice. (Your choices are sofaa or desk.)
The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate. The food was hot and fresh.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
I thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your very positive experience at our hotel. All of our co-workers continually exceed the guests' expectations, as you noted. I am pleased that you enjoyed all of our amenities, especially the complimentary hot and cold buffet. Families and couples certainly enjoy the split set of 2 bathrooms in each guest room. We look forward to servicing you on your next visit to the Ewing/Princeton NJ area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was a mistake; I thought I was reserving a room at a competing facility, but the mistake was to my advantage. Although the Springhill Suites is not located in the heart of Princeton, it is actually no further than some hotels that seem closer. And, traffic on I-95 is almost much lighter than you may find on Route 1. If Princeton is your destination the Springhill Suites is located conveniently close.

When walking into the lobby you find yourself in a nicely lit and comfortably open space. The front desk is to your left, on the right is the dining area which is used for evening cocktails and for the free breakfast buffet each morning. WE were not there for drinks. Breakfast was tasty, a few additional choices on the buffet would have made my smile even bigger.

The sense of openness continues as you enter your room. The rooms feel spacious and are nicely appointed. In fact, the room is probably no larger than a more typical hotel room, but the architect has found ways to make excellent use of the space. The Springhill Suites differs from some other suites hotels in that there is not a fully equipped kitchen. There is a refrigerator and microwave in a small nook just to the side of the sitting area. The sitting area is comfortable with a sectional couch and small coffee tables which can be pulled closer if you are eating a meal or snack. The sitting area is separated from the sleeping area by a near ceiling high divider with a built in desk on the sitting area side. The flat screen TV an be viewed easily from either area. The bathroom was divided into two distinct segments. One contained the toilet and small sink. The other had the shower and a vanity. Very convenient!

Two other factors contributed to the open feeling of our room. One is the lighting. The room was much better lit than the typical hotel room with bright lights where you would want them and individual reading lamps at the bed. The bathroom doors were the other unique factor. They were not hinged doors - they were sturdy wooden sliding doors that offered privacy without taking up as much space.

The facility was clean and the staff was friendly. The Springhill Suites was a very good choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I want to thank you for your posting of a very favorable review about our hotel, The SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. The designer of the hotel certainly listened to the customer and all points you mentioned contribute to the satisfaction of our guests. Plenty of guest room lighting, along with the microwave and refrigerator, in a clean room is what the guest wants and we certainly have succeeded. The convenience of getting to our location is a plus ,off route 95, and not having to sit in the route 1 traffic. I appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again when visiting our area.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The staff in this hotel can not be beat. From Sherwood at the bar, to Pat, the General Manager, this hotel provides a pleasant atmosphere with top of the line service in every area one would need. I look forward to returning to this hotel each and every time I am nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
We certainly appreciate the excellent review you provided regarding your visits at The SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. I am very proud of the wonderful customer-orientated staff at the hotel, who provide outstanding, friendley service. One of the co-workers you mentioned, Sherwood, is certainly an asset to our hotel; as truely all of the staff exceed our guests' expectations. Thank you.

Waynesville, Missouri
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here on our trip to Sesame Place. It was very affordable in comparison to being much closer to the park. It was only 10 min away. The staff was awesome. The hotel was very clean along with the spacious rooms and a nice hearty breakfast buffet that didn't make you feel cheated. The indoor pool is small but was good enough for the kids to get their swim bugs out:-) would definitely stay here again. We actually added a night to our original stay.

• Stayed June 2012
I want to thank you for your very favorable review you posted on our hotel, The SpringHill Suites Ewing/Princeton South. We pride ourselves on friendly customer service in a totally clean hotel. I see we succeeded, as you added another night in the hotel. Being on the Sesame Place Preferred Hotel list, we exceed the expectations of the families that stay with us by recognizing waht a family needs while away from home. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to this area.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed at the Springhill Suites Ewing (room 401) last week with my wife and 3 month old daughter. The staff was extremely friendly and the entire hotel was very clean. There was a lone black hair stuck to the shower ceiling just above the door, which did not move throughout our stay, despite being quite obvious. It is my only complaint about cleanliness, as all else was spotless.

The morning breakfast was outstanding for having been free. A nice variety of hot and cold items were endlessly filled throughout the morning rush.

My only two complaints, other than our roommate the hair, are about cost cutting efforts that normally wouldn't affect me. First, we booked the hotel because the fridge came standard. We failed to realize that it had been recently turned off by housekeeping, despite it still being quite cold inside from prior guests. This lack of recognition on our part caused my wife's precious stash of baby milk to go bad as well as a half sandwich we had leftover from lunch. Second, I asked for a late checkout of 1 or 2 as our flight home didn't leave till 5, and my wife had motherly functions to perform that are likely more enjoyable in a private hotel room than an airport bathroom. However, the assistant manager said noon is the latest I could check out, as they were sold out that night as well. My Marriott status grants me some sort of guaranteed late checkout, however if 11 is standard checkout at this hotel, it only granted me an hour. Again, this isn't normally an issue, but an extra hour beyond noon would have been nice under our circumstances (which I didn't explain to the staff).

The Springhill rooms are very spacious, although the doors between the bathrooms and main rooms allow for very little noise privacy. The couch and seating area are nice, and seemingly very new. The separate toilet and shower rooms each with a sink are a nice touch.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comments regarding the SpringHill Suites Ewing. I have addressed the guest room items with our Housekeeping Operations Manager to assure all of the staff are observant of any defeciencies. The refrigerator must have somehow become unplugged, as our operating procedures are not to unplug anything in the guest rooms. When the housekeeper checked the unit it probably felt cold and did not report any problem with it. I am pleased that you certainly enjoyed the overall cleanliness of the hotel, and the exceptional breakfast we provide complimentary to all guests. During your visit we honored many requests of later checkouts, and to try and satisfy everyone, we limited it to the time we discussed. We certainly welcome the opportunity to be of service to you on your next visit, as you mention you would be returning to our hotel again. Thank you.

Chicago
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I guess the hotel is rather new and it seemed to be. The room just had a strange layout. The toilet was just across from the bed and didn't really give you privacy that you would normally have was a traditional layout. I would stay there again but only for a might or so. The only other thing was that I could here the people next dor in the washroom.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Ewing. The room layout of a split bathroom with a shower or tub and full sink in one room; and the commode and sink in another room, typically has been positive from the guests. I appreciate your insight, although it is something that we cannot change at this time. Possibly in the construction of new properties. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to this area.

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I've stayed at the Element and Courtyard in Ewing, but decided to give Spring Hill Suites a try, and was glad I did. The hotel looks new, with great common areas and large, bright, modern rooms. Pool is small but heated and clean. Complimentary breakfast consisted of the usual: oatmeal, bagels, muffins, scrambled eeggs, sausage patties, waffles, yogurt, cereal and fruit. The food area was kept very clean and the food was fresh.

What made this a real "win" though, was the friendly, helpful staff. From the front desk to the housekeeping, we were greeted with smiles and "good morning/afternoon/evening". Professional and well-trained staff really makes a difference. Well done, Spring Hill Suites!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for your very favorable response that you recently posted. I am pleased you stayed at our hotel and now we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the hotel; the modern decor of the facility, and the friendliness and professionalism of the co-workers. We appreciate you experiencing this first hand, and know you will return. Have a wonderful day.

Patrick Brogan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewing
Courtyard Ewing Princeton
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South? Share your experiences!