“No need to go to Peter Lugers anymore”
Review of Cliffs Steakhouse

Cliffs Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Cliffs Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: n/a
New York City, New York
“No need to go to Peter Lugers anymore”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I purposely visited both Peter Lugers and here within a two week time frame to compare the taste and decided Cliff's had it better. We tried the porter house for two at both places. Here at Cliff's they even give you a sizzling hot plate to eat on. It's just so flavorful and has just the right amount of crisp on the outside and the inside melts in your mouth. Plus it's about $20 less than the porter house at Peter Luger's. I used to love going to Peter Lugers at their Long Island location, but the Brooklyn one was somewhat disappointing. No white cloth covered tables and even though the restaurant wasn't small the tables were cramped together and I had to get up when the table sitting behind me were leaving. When you're paying over $100 for dinner for two you'd expect some fanciness.

Hands down this is the best steak house I ever tried. Wonderful creamed spinach (I almost licked the plate) and salads too. Can't wait to go back! People who doesn't normally like steaks say that they love Cliff's steak.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank janice282

• Korean first
New Jersey
“The Best!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant is consistant! Twice recently I have dined at this restaurant and recieved the same courtesy and pleasant service as I did the first time. The staff is very professional, and the food is great! I recommend the porterhouse steak for two, once it comes, make sure you keep your hands to your sides! The plate comes out sizzling! I've dined at the River Palm in Edgewater many times. This place, overall, hands down is the better of the two. Just my opinion.

• Visited February 2013
Bergen County, New Jersey
“Great steakhouse”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Comfortable steakhouse atmosphere with excellent waiters and great food! This restaurant is good for all types of dining: couples, family, friends, business or solo.

• Visited December 2012
new york city
“Where to eat when you want simple, hearty basics”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The service and quality of food is lovely for a neighborhood option!
Post-Storm Sandy, this was a great spot for enjoying a caesar salad, grilled veal chop and a glass of red wine complemented by a crackling fireplace.

Not fancy, just clean, well run, fresh food.

• Visited November 2012
“Average Steakhouse Close To The G.W. Bridge”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is an ok steakhouse close to NY city. The service is excellent, there are white tablecloths and it is cosy, the pictures on the wall are on the tacky side, but this is New Jersey. The drinks were very good, but the onion soup we ordered was watery and a little tasteless. We ordered the shell steak medium. The meat was good but came to the table undercooked and already cut into pieces, which I disliked. The plates were burning hot and I suppose the meat was supposed to cook some more on the plates, but it was still too rare for me. The baked potato for which they charged extra was pretty cold. I suppose I could have sent both the meat and the potato back, but I didnt. If you want a top steak in New Jersey, go to the Palm in Edgewater or to Minetta Tavern in Greenwich Village.

• Visited November 2012