“Put this old dog to sleep”

Grissini Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Grissini Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Takes Reservations and Catering
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Owned a home by this restaurant when it first opened in the 90's and was the happening place. I have been there a few times since than but not for at least 3 years. I brought my wife and child before a Bergen PAC show and was beyond disappointed. My clam appetizer was large tough cherrystones ( instead of little necks ) that were gritty and in a tasteless tomato slop with a few pieces of garlic that didn't look to be cooked. My chicken sorrentino ( no lie ) is better at my local pizza/ restaurant in Montclair ( Enzo's ). My wife had two specials ( salad/ branzino ) that were also tasteless. The service was good but not very friendly. I don't know why all the luxury cars still roll into this place and it is a testament to the loyalty of the 50 and older set but you can spend $250 much better any place else. You can get 2 great meals in Montclair for that price.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was taken to this restaurant by a few of my business colleagues. Arrived at around 5:15 for dinner, seated immediately. Although we walked to the restaurant, I found it funny that there was mandatory valet even though they parked the cars right out front?! Some ordered pasta others the veal. Waiters were attentive and friendly. Food was hot and delicious. By 7:00 PM the place was getting busy with the affluent people of the community. Felt a little under dressed and wished I had my body guard with me :). A nice restaurant nonetheless.

1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Three adults all enjoyed wonderfully prepared food
Attentive staff (don't know what the complaints are about)
A bit on the higher price point but you don't go here every day
Save it for a more special occasion

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Let me first start off by saying the food was great and prepared perfectly. The unfortunate thing is that it was extremely over priced and the service was so unresponsive to us, I had to ask a different waiter to finally get my check. We have eaten at many restaurants in NYC that were as good as Griddini, and were much more reasonable in price, and the staff was first rate. I am very diapointed with my first visit here, and we probably won't be going back.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've frequented this establishment over the last 7 years and have always left satisfied. They have amazing dishes prepared perfectly by the chef. The scene on the inside is very elegant & diverse, I've seen the likes of Yogi Bearer to Chris Rock. If you appreciate good quality food in a nice place then Grissini is a perfect fit. As other patrons have mentioned, don't be intimidated by the $2million worth of automobiles parked in front.