“SO DISAPPOINTING”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2012

First time heading to the Bergen P.A.C. and this place looked great, was close by, and had pretty good reviews on here. Started off good: Seated quickly, menu looked good, price-fix pre-theater menu of $22.95 with lots of yummy choices, and bread and butter was tasty,

After that, everything went down hill. The soup was a pork, escarole, some other items mix and was tasty but over-salted. The beef empanadas were near tasteless, looked like they came off an assembly line, and had weird fillings. I am an empanada-lover, and I left the majority of both on the plate.

My husband had the Ternera Madrileña -veal cutlet sautéed in lemon sauce (tasteless) and I had the Lenguado con Canarias Filet of sole in lemon & sweet plantain sauce (tasteless fish, lemony sauce with nothing to it and good plantains). The rice on the side was good once I salted it. The accompanying vegetables were garlicky and tastier than the entrees.

Dessert was Crema Catalana (Crème brulee) and Flan. Again...quite mediocre.

Portions were generous but the food was tasteless and missed on everything with the exception of the bread and vegetables with the rice (when salted) and desserts coming in at decent.

Incredibly disappointing. I always take doggie bags and thought I was going to have late dinner and tomorrow's lunch, but left everything on the plate.

Our main waiter was disinterested and purely business. Never commented on why our entire portions were virtually untouched for every course. The other men who served in between were very nice and accommodating, filling our water glasses and getting us drinks.

Will NOT be back.

1  Thank skorpio64nj

Reviewed November 9, 2012

On a recent business trip to Englewood I decided to try out this restaurant and was very pleased. The staff were kind and helpful and the food was delicious. I have had better escargots but they were still tasty. The stuffed squid was awesome especially with the sauce that it came in. There are a ton of options and the special included about a dozen tapas items. I doubt that I will be in the area again but I could easily see myself as a regular guest if I lived there.

2  Thank HL80
Reviewed May 23, 2012

A beautiful, authentic and very reasonably priced restaurant. A huge menu that has both tapas and regular plates, with a ariety of flavors for every palet. Evetything fom steak, shrimp to escargot and venison. Each delicious and with a flavorful twist. A greatlication for both a quiet romantic evening out, or a fun night out with friends and family.

2  Thank rm2808
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Wife and I went for dinner and tapas. Food was excellant and also the service. Wait staff was very attentive and helpful in ordering.

2  Thank epstem
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Went here with my husband and 1 1/2 yr old daughter. We had not been for several years, when it was under a different name. We ordered a mix of different tapas to share, all very good including the crab/endive salad, meatballs (my daughter really enjoyed these - flavorful but not spicy), and a special pork tapas with carmelized apple. My husband and I had the red sangria, which was also very good. They served complementary soup as well as bread, and we had very good service. It turned out to be better than I remember.