“Very unsafe. Avoid like the plague.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Very unsafe. Avoid like the plague.

We stayed at the Crowne plaza in Englewood, NJ the 2nd weekend Oct.   My car was broken into in the hotel parking, the thief busted the lock and the door and stole my gps, camera, other car and home keys and worse my folks passports from the glove box. The cops came and said that the place needs to be lit up better and that management should have security cameras installed. The front desk guy mentioned to the cops that a similar incident had occured at the same spot a couple of months back and inspite of repeated requests to the management nothing was done to better the security. I am very disappointed that no warning signs were posted nor better security measures were taken that could have prevented my loss. This incident means a monetary loss of about 3000$ as well as all the mental stress and hassles of getting new passports.

The hotel management is not ready to compensate me for anything and in fact the GM behaved like a jerk. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank TK76

Reviewed October 15, 2010

The room was nice and clean. Their fitness center was not impressive, but they did have an agreement with a gym across the street for priority club members to use it for free. There was a diner on the corner, but that was it for nearby dining options.

We were mostly disappointed with the way they made it sound like a breeze to get to NYC. The 3 block walk was really 3 stop lights - much different than 3 blocks, and there wasn't always a sidewalk nor was it well lit in the evening. The bus ride was 35-50 minutes long depending upon if you caught the express bus or not. Having said that, it was still a good value for the deal we got.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2010

This was the second time I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, and I will likely return again. Considering what one would pay for a night in Manhattan, the hotel offers excellent value. Although as others have mentioned, it is best if you have your own transportation (car). Commuting into Manhattan in the evening is a breeze, but if you have to drive in during the AM rush hour, the short trip can take very long. Free WIFI but reception can be improved.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
gbounouar, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments.
We constantly strive to improve our services and it is always refreshing to receive positive comments from our guests. Your comments and observations will be shared with our management team and the individuals who assisted in making your stay a memorable one will be identified and recognized. Undoubtedly, there is always room for improvement and we thank you for assisting us towards that goal.
Thank you from all of us here at the Crowne Plaza Englewood and we are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Most sincerely,

Reviewed August 18, 2010

I paid only 65 dollars a night using Pricelines "name your own price" for a fri and sat night. With what I paid I am very happy, the hotel staff was helpful and checking out was very fast since I used priceline. There was a cute little burgundy bag on the bed with a small bottle of linen spray and ear plugs as well as an eye mask---nice little touch.

I wanted something close to NYC and this hotel was about a 25min drive, expect horrible traffic on the George Washington bridge if you go to the city. I had bad traffic despite whether AM or PM. It's $8.00 to go over the bridge, just an fyi.

There was a very large stain on the carpet when first walking in (Room 404) this was obviously not attractive, but the hotel was not as "out dated" as some reviews said, for 65.00 a night I can't complain too much, I would stay here again, just wish NYC was a tad closer.

The restaurant across the street is mediocre, I love to cook and I cook well....I went to this restaurant with my bf and his Salmon was still raw in the middle! I had a skirt steak which was quite tasty, very casual restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We loved the hotel. We, an extended family group, stayed here for two nights. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and large, beds comfortable and all of our requests were met. My only complaint was with a member of the front desk staff who needed a little more training in dealing with reservations.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2010

We were supposed to stay at The Clinton Inn but they gave our rooms away and the Crowne Plaza was nice enough to get us rooms. We were very happy with the rooms. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. I did not see the indoor pool but if I had the time and had brought my bathing suit I would have given it a try. It was a rainy weekend and we were up to attend a family function. We had to drive a further distance then expected but we liked the Crowne Plaza so it was worth it. The people who checked us in were very nice. There is a restaurant across the street that we ate at twice. It was good. Thank you Crowne Plaza for the nice time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Really annoyed me when they charged me $1.00 a cup on NEW YEARS morning for coffee that was in the lobby. Tell me this is not tacky. No coffee in room, paid $300.00 for 2 nights and they had the nerve to try to charge $1.00 a cup for coffee. My husband and I travel a lot and this was just too much.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NYDOT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center
Best Western Fort Lee
Best Western Fort Lee
#3 of 6 in Fort Lee
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood? Share your experiences!