“Good Service, Average Accommodations”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Englewood
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Good Service, Average Accommodations”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

An attentive staff makes up for what is otherwise a very ordinary hotel. The check-in, concierge, and cleaning service are friendly, professional, and go out of their way to assist...

The rooms are clean and presentable, with nothing that stands out as above average. The dining area offers ho-hum fare, and the depressingly quiet bar is to be avoided... Pool and fitness area are an afterthought... The elevators are very slow!

Overall, the Crowne Plaza is better than a Holiday Inn, and worth the reasonable rates.

Room Tip: There are only two elevator banks, so booking near them won't result in added noise, but will re...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mthom100
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear BooDiggly,

Thank you very much for leaving feedback about your recent stay. I am happy to know that you found our rooms to be clean and the service received upon check-in was at par with standards. I do regret any inconvenience you may have had with the condition of the elevators and if the dining area's condition wasn't completely to your liking. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your comments will help us improve on what we can offer to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Pam G
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Ossining, New York
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I recently stayed at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Englewood NJ and my overall impression was excellent. In particular, the front desk staff were very professional, efficient and personable. Francis even called up to my room to make certain everything was going well. I would definitely stay again and recommend the hotel to professional associates and friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Had a septic emergency at home and needed a place for the night. From the reservation up to check out my family received the up most attention and care. We have never used Crown Plaza before and I assure you all our future stays will be at with the Crown Plaza. Rooms were beautiful, staff was great, food was delicious, and most importantly the rates were reasonable. Management received my family with so much compassion and concern and truly made us feel at home. Kudos to everyone for going above and beyond their job.

• Stayed March 2014
Oneonta, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed for three nights. The room was mostly clean, though there was a lipstick stain on the comforter that was still there, and the bathroom (while not dirty) was not overly clean either.
There was a lack of towels in the pool area, and the bottom of the pool is very harsh on bare feet and knees.
The other issue stems from the fact that they have a hospital rate which no one told us about, even though they knew we were going for medical reasons. So they charged the full rate, when they should have charged about 50 dollars less.
Medical guests be warned. The shuttle is NOT complimentary as the website states, it is a 12/per person per trip. It also only runs at 6:45, 12:00, and 7:00pm. The complimentary shuttle only runs twice a week or some nonsense. This is highly inconvenient if you are staying there for medical reasons, especially with children.
In addition the hotel restaurant is extremely over priced, and there are limited delivery options in the area. I have to go back for medical reasons next week, and I can't decide If I will stay there or not. It was misleading pricewise, and ammenity wise. That being said the staff is great and friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Abby M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Abby M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the cleanliness of the accommodations prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do appreciate the high scores for Service and Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We would like to obtain some additional information about your stay and have sent you a private message.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to hear from you soon.

Adrian D
East Windsor, New Jersey
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Ms. Dhariana Santana was very accommodating and assisted me all through out my stay. staff are very honest, returned my watch that i left by the pool.
breakfast was great, pool area was well maintained.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Zero C
Lincoln, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed here 1 night, 1/9/14. There was plenty of parking, the outside was clean and presentable. Going inside to check in, the lobby area seemed well maintained and updated. There was a restaurant with an "open" concept on your left as you walk in. I saw maybe 2 people in it all night and 1 the next morning for a breakfast buffet.

The staff was courteous and professional. Elevators conveniently located to the right of the front desk. The room was good size but that was about the only positive aspect I could see. It seemed very outdated, the curtains appeared old and very dirty. Wallpaper was peeling off in one section and should have just been ripped down as to how old it looked. The bathroom seemed to have a few updates with granite vanity,new fixtures and tile floor. I found it to be not very clean as I found stains underneath the seat and everywhere seemed to neglect the details. Bad caulking jobs, about a quarter of a roll of toilet paper left on one of the two dispensers next to the toilet. I mean, just change it, we were new customers checking in. I could see if it was our third day and staying longer.

The pool area was ok, it lacked towels for any guests that may have arrived after us. We went swimming about 7:00pm and it was open until 10:00pm. Only 2 towels available. They didn't look very busy, I would imagine a staff member could check to see if there may be a need to put out another 5-10 towels to finish the night. The lounge chairs were very old and sagging from too many years of use. Desperately needed to be replaced.

One positive note, the staff was great. Maybe lacking the tools or leadership to make this a good hotel. They provided us with a timely wake up call and were to our room in 1 minute when one of the phones wasn't working properly. We also called to ask for a few more bottles of shampoo because my wife uses quite a bit and they were at our door in seconds with 4 bottles which seemed generous. So, I don't blame the staff for most of the issues that plague this hotel. The staff is playing with the hand they are dealt.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. At $120 for a night, it's way overpriced. I've stayed in bad motels that were far better and much cheaper. For a "Crowne Plaza" hotel, this was a total disappointment.

Room Tip: Our room faced the parking lot, fourth floor above lobby entrance. It seemed to be quiet and could...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Chuck141403
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Chuck141403,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the conditions of your room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to see your positive comments for the staff as well as your high score for Service. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I spent 2 weeks at the Crowne Plaza Englewood. I found the staff quite courteous and very friendly. The rooms were clean and the standard of the fittings quite high. The only complaint I would have is the sound of the air-conditioning. When on, it sounded like a jet engine in the room, although it didn't prevent me from getting a good nights sleep.

I do have to compliment the guys that drove the free transit bus. I took transit to work in Hackensack every day and these drives were on-time, very safe and extremely friendly. I would recommend their service any day instead of catching a taxi.

I found the location quite handy, outside of Manhattan but easy to get into using the local NJ shuttle service and then the Subway downtown.

Overall a very pleasant stay. I will be staying again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PuckoV1
Rossy S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our Shuttle Drivers. Thank you from all of us here at the Crowne Plaza Englewood and we are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Fort Lee - George Washington Bridge
Holiday Inn GW Bridge-Fort Lee NYC Area
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Best Western Fort Lee
Best Western Fort Lee
#3 of 6 in Fort Lee
Clinton Inn Hotel & Event Center

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood? Share your experiences!