Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
$110
$169
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

$172
GardenInn.com
$102
$125
Hampton.com
Rodeway Inn Capri(Little Ferry)
$85
All reviewsnew yorkoff routeshuttle servicenice hotelhotel restaurantshort staybergen countygw bridgerooms are cleanthe hotel offersindoor poolwould stay againport authoritymanhattanproximitydeskhighway
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for couple of nights when visiting my offices in Teaneck. The rooms are spacious, but look old. One expects much better from a Crowne Plaza. Otherwise the room had all the amenities for a business traveler. Free Wi-Fi was very useful. The room I had was quiet and had a great view.
The breakfast was very good, plenty of choice and options.
The staff - reception, housekeeping and the restaurant - all were very friendly and helpful.
They offer a shuttle drop to nearby places within two miles - that was very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Rossy S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for your great comments and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments.
We constantly strive to improve our services and it is always refreshing to receive positive comments from our guests. Undoubtedly, there is always room for improvement and we thank you for assisting us towards that goal.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because our infant son had to be transferred to Columbia Presbyterian's Children's Hospital, from a Long Island hospital, where we live. We needed be close to the hospital, but didn't want to pay NYC hotel rates, since it would be a long stay. The employees of this hotel...shuttle drivers, front desk, restaurant staff, cleaning staff...were fantastic. The compassion, kindness, and high level of hospitality surpassed our expectations. I hope that future guests read this review...but also the management of this hotel. It is life changing to go through such a traumatic event as a parent, with a sick child, and to have your faith in human beings be restored. This experience has brought out the genuine goodness in people...and that includes the staff of this hotel. Management should be proud of their employees!

Thank you to the staff of the Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood for your compassion and kindness!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Melissa O

Dear Melissa O, Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our entire staff. Thank you again from all of us here at the Crowne Plaza Englewood and we are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were getting married in the area and needed a place to stay the night before, and a place to recuperate the day after.

This hotel is nothing special to look at, but is clean, quiet and very comfortable. The front desk was incredibly helpful and when they couldn't provide what I needed, they had a suitable alternative.

My husband and step-daughter LOVED the heated pool--an important thing for people who are always cold!

We did attempt to have breakfast in their dining room, but upon realizing we had things to do (like, get beautified for the wedding!)--our server, Zoila, was sympathetic and cancelled our order so that we could bolt back upstairs to our rooms.

All in all, a pleasant stay and a place I would consider going back to for a short weekend getaway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Rossy S, Reservations Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such comprehensive feedback about your stay with us. We are glad that you were able to enjoy a quiet and relaxing stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in.
We are sorry you were unable to sample the food at our Blue City Grill restaurant, we hope you will come back and stay with us sometime in the future so you can try it out!

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Crown Plaza in Englewood from Friday, August 16th - Monday, August 19th.

1. Hotel was very clean. Front desk staff was very efficient. All questions and issues were addressed immediately.

2. I was very disappointed that the 24 hour pool was unavailable on Sunday because it needed maintenance. It was open on Saturday, but there were about 20 children and 10 instructors using the pool because the hotel rents or allows "Take Me To The Water" to provide swimming classes there to their students. I've included a photo of posting outside of pool.

3. The Blue City Grill restaurant located on the hotel premises provides the room service, the breakfast buffet and is open for dinner. The breakfast buffet (which I prepaid when I booked the hotel) was average but the service provided by Ms. Dee Dee was exceptional. She was exceedingly attentive, gracious and genuinely invested in providing an excellent dining experience for all guests. The next morning we were served coffee by Mr. Rafael who seemed to detest his job and had an overall unpleasant demeanor. At dinner time I quickly discovered why the restaurant was empty. No one was eating dinner there on all 3 nights we were there. I ordered a well done hamburger to go but when I got to my room and I started to eat the burger I discovered that it was raw in the middle. I went back downstairs and spoke with Mr. William who stated he was the manager of the Blue City Grill. He told me to microwave the hamburger. I told him I wasn't going to do that. He proceeded to ask me where I was from and suggested I was from South America where people don't know that microwaves can be used to cook food. Then he asked me when I was going to get back on the plane back to South America. I informed him that I was born and raised in New York City. Ultimately, he refunded the money for hamburger. Racism is alive and well at the Blue City Grill. My advice is not to spend your money at the Blue City Grill. A much better and delicious option is the hamburger served by "The Joy Burger" located on 100th St and Lexington Ave on the Upper East. It is always freshly prepared. I also recommend the Hyatt located in Jersey City, NJ for an exceptional hotel experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Scotwinkle
Rossy S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

On behalf of the Hotel Management and Staff please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations.Our hotel does review and address these situations very carefully.
Your comments have been discussed amongst the entire Hotel Management team. I wish to thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I assure you that action steps will be taken in order to avoid similar situations in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very nice hotel - have stayed several times when visiting NYC - convenient, clean and affordable. The rooms are spacious, breakfast is good (havent eaten dinner) and a nice bar. The staff was very pleasant and took care of our needs. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Rossy S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Guest Survey and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments. We are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.