“Don't Host Your Party Here!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed February 24, 2013

First of all let me say that the Crowne Plaza Hotel of Englewood is a beautiful place. The location is very convenient and its very clean. However, there were certain issues that should have been resolved in a more approriate manner. The staff rubbed me the wrong way at first. When certain guests came for the party, I noticed how certain people were given certain directions and others were told to "take the stairs". The staff also affected the party directly. Out of the two waiters, only one responded effectively and with care and in a timely fashion. He brought out candles and helped us with the food setup. When I looked for the other waiter, my sister noticed him making a plate of food for himself in the corner. Yet, I said nothing. Next, was the bartender. I ordered an apple martini to drink with the rest of my family. However, instead of serving it in a pretty martini glass, I was given my drink in a 4 oz orange juice glass. I knew that was the wrong glass and I told him about it, and he informed me that they "didn't have any apple martini glasses". Nevertheless, the Crowne Plaza has a full bar on the premises. And the bartender also gave my mother, who just turned 75, who was the person who the event was for, the birthday girl, an attitude when she asked for her complimentary beverage. He simply replied, "I gave her one already". Nevertheless, my heart really broke when at the end of the entire function as the guests were grabbing their coats and leaving, they started taking up the dance floor with about twenty people left in the room. God forbid, if one of them would have fell. And lastly, they threw away what was left of the $100 cake instead of asking me if I planned to take it home. Crowne Plaze may be a nice place to stay for a night or two, but looking back on the experience makes me regret choosing them. I should have hosted it at a Hilton.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AB000001
Fatima O, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

On behalf of the team at the Crowne Plaza Englewood Hotel, we thank you for your kind remarks about the hotel’s appearance and cleanliness.
Although we pride ourselves in providing the best of service, we sincerely regret this was not your impression.
Your feedback regarding the event held at the hotel is greatly appreciated. It is through such feedback from our valued guests we can continue our pursuit for excellence.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

A good hotel in a convenient location. Standard fayre but hotel standards. Clean rooms, quiet, helpful staff. Everything you could ask for. Didnt try the restaurant but looked ok. Would recommend if you need a hotel in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Guest Survey and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The moment you walk into the hotel you are greeted by the friendly and accommodating staff at the front desk.
The rooms are lovely and clean. The beds are comfortable.
The location is great.
The staff goes out of its way to help.
Great value.
We love staying at the Englewood Crowne Plaza

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Fatima O, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you from all of us here at the Crowne Plaza Englewood and we are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I cannot explain how much I loved this place. I been here twice, it's a little pricey but it's worth it. The rooms I had was marvelous I had a wonderful view on the 6 th floor. Restaurant across from the hotel which is 24/7. What more can you ask for? And is less than 10 min to the GWB. This place is on my top 5. I will definitely recommend everyone to give this place a try. I'm sure you will love it!

• Stayed: June 2012
Fatima O, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your great comments and provide us with information in regards to your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel management and staff I wish to thank you for your kind comments.
We are looking forward for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Good hotel, a little outdated and old but well maintained and very clean. Location is out of the way with nothing much around to do or eat. Most stores in the areas are closed on Sunday. Nice size room. Close by GYM seems like a great treat although I did not get the chance to use it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Fatima O, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Englewood, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We constantly strive to improve our services and it is always appreciated receiving constructive comments. Your comments and observations were shared with our management team.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My stay was wonderful. Everything was super convenient, especially their shuttle. Spacious king rooms. The breakfast order I placed which ( was very specific) was perfect and affordable. House Keeping was also great when I thought I left something behind. Everything was just very convenient for a business traveller. ALL of the staff went out of the way to be helpful. I will be back. Hats off to your staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We constantly strive to improve our services and it is always refreshing to receive positive comments from our guests. Your comments and observations will be shared with our management team and the individuals who assisted in making your stay a memorable one will be identified and recognized.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here when I had to travel to New Jersey for meetings in New York with a NJ client. It is a Priority Club property but much nicer than Holiday Inns line. Very nice front desk staff, helpful and friendly and nice clean rooms with comfy beds.

Would stay here again when next in the area.

Room Tip: rooms away from the elevators quieter